BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Bridge of Spies, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg team up again
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 26th November 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Very slow starting but the second half definitely picked up and I ended up coming out quite happy. Two very good performances from Hanks and Rylance, especially the former, from what I've seen I'd like to see him sneak in another Oscar nomination. The film was very dialogue driven but the second half still felt exciting, loved all the negotiation parts trying to get a 2 for 1 deal. Good movie but you have to be in the right frame of mind to sit all the way through it really.

This post has been edited by Josh.: 26th November 2015, 09:41 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 29th November 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

An excellent movie. Best picture, best actor and supporting actor nods please.

I love a bit of legal drama so it kept me interested pretty much throughout and it was kind of a tale of two halves, the US set beginning with the courtroom and the German set negotiation half so despite the running time (which was a bit off-putting beforehand, my expectations weren't overly high and I thought I might personally find it dull!) neither part went on for too long. It surprised me with the amount of humour and I felt there was a lot of heart to it too, absolutely loved the ending with the family and seeing how the reactions of the people on the train had changed.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 30th January 2016, 02:05 AM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Was running around town last Friday and saw this was still on at the cinema so we rushed to see it! We we're 25 minutes late and basically got in as soon as the film started! And I'm so happy I finally got the chance to see this because it was incredible heart.gif
The story was intriguing, interesting and great and I loved how the plot progressed throughout the movie. The plot of the Cold War was fascinating and it was incredibly interesting as I'm currently learning about the Cold War in school. The nuclear video thing with the tortoise that they showed for about half a minute was the exact same thing I watched in History the week before! Tom Hanks was absolutely incredible in this, I'd go as far as saying it is his one of his best performances and he really deserved more Oscar attention sad.gif Mark Rylance was also incredible so yay he got nominated heart.gif
I'd definitely recommend to check this out if you haven't already, such an excellent movie!

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 21st June 2016, 11:36 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Bridge of Spies" is the penultimate film by Steven Spielberg which was shown in my country's cinemas last November. It was inspired by true events and it is based on a book by James B. Donovan, "Strangers on a Bridge". "Bridge of Spies" marks the fourth collaboration of Steven Spielberg with Tom Hanks and the script was signed by Joel and Ethan Coen. I have several times expressed my admiration for the talent of Spielberg in my earlier -Greek- review, since I appreciate him enormously as a creator and I consider him the best director of his generation! So, there was no way to miss his “latest” work on the big screen.
"Bridge of Spies" takes place during the Cold War. The main character of the story is James B. Donovan, a successful lawyer who specializes in insurance matters, who will be entrusted to represent a Soviet spy who was detained by the CIA. James B. Donovan will defend the Soviet spy as required by law, but he will face the reactions of the American government and the American public, after they regard the accused as an enemy of their country. Things will change very soon for Donovan, when an US spy plane pilot will be caught by the Soviets and CIA will appoint him as a spy exchange negotiator. "Bridge of Spies" is a fairly interesting movie that takes us into the Cold War climate that prevailed at that time between the two most powerful countries in the world. The directing of Steven Spielberg was very attentive and Tom Hanks was excellent in his role once again! "Bridge of Spies" had additionally well-written script, convincing sets, elaborate montage and beautiful photography. Even if the movie lasts 141 minutes, it did not tire at any point the viewers after it manages to keep the suspense unabated until the last scene. In case you do not know what exactly happened.
"Bridge of Spies" is definitely one of the best productions I had seen last year! It is based on a very good story and its content is quite enlightening. You do not need to be a fan of spy movies to go to see this movie, after it was shot in such a way that was seen pleasantly by all viewers (young and old, men and women, etc.). The film got great reviews worldwide and it has acquired a high average score by IMDb users (7,6). It was nominated for six Academy Awards in which Mark Rylance won the Golden Stauette for "Best Supporting Actor".

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:18 PM