BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Forest, Supernatural Horror Film
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 27th November 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

I just watched the official trailer and it looks very intriguing to me. We have seen many bad horror films in the last years but "The Forest" seems to be an exception. I hope so..It is set to be released January 8, 2016 in the United States!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 27th November 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Just watched the trailer and it looks RATHER GOOD *.* will be exited to watch this dance.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 28th November 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

That looks pretty good!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 21st January 2016, 02:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

This fell a little flat. I thought Natalie Dormer gave the best possible performance she could with the material. A lot of the 'jumpy' moments were either predictable or badly done. It was an interesting concept but I don't think it was executed right. That ending though - so sad! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 21st January 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"The Forest" is a supernatutal horror film that was released in my country's cinemas almost a year ago! When I saw the official trailer for the very first time, I was convinced that this woud be an amazing movie. Although, it did not have many scary scenes, "The Forest" was quite good in its entirety.
The film unfolds in the Aokigahara Forest, which is located at the foot of Japan's Mount Fuji. The main heroine of the film is Sara, who has lately lost contact with her twin sister, Jess. She travels to Japan in order to learn information about Jess since the latter no longer goes to school in which she delivers English lessons. A fearful student informs her that Jess resorted to the “Suicide forest” and it is very possible she has already died but Sara will ignore her warnings and she will enter the legendary forest to find her. "The Forest" is a highly atmospheric film which evolves mainly in the famous Aokigahara Forest. Jason Zada made his directorial debut and he fared quite well following the classical recipe of the genre. The protagonist of the film, Natalie Dormer, was good enough and I wonder why she received so bad reviews from the critics and the viewers. Personally, I found her very convincing in her leading role and she actually was the only one who suffered a lot to complete the diffcult scenes of the film. On the other hand, her co-star, Taylor Kinney, had awful acting while he smiled unduly constantly (something like our Prime Minister in Eurogroups). Perhaps, the inexperienced director Jason Zada did not give great emphasis on this but I think the movie lost enough with this extremely bad performance. Nevertheless, "The Forest" will compensate all their original fans of its kind, since it has some good jumpscares and its development will keep your attention until the end.
"The Forest" was a pretty scary movie that got wronged reviews instead of malicious ones. Surely, you will have seen a similar kind of movie but this does not happen with all the heroes of comics? They have almost the same script. "The Forest" had satisfactory receipts worldwide but it failed to reach the success of last year's "The Boy". In my country, it did not have the expected exposure and was limited to the halls of large multiplexes. It happens with most horror films nowadays. I consider unfair the low rating of 4,8 by IMDb users because there are a lot of nonsense that have higher average score than it. Do not expect to see the miracle of the 7th art on the big screen but at least it had riveting evolution and evocative scenery.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 22nd January 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

I agree that the scenery looked great. Unfortunately I thought pretty much everything else was terrible

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:53 PM