BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2016 Tips, what will be big next year?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Dec 2 2015, 04:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
What do we think is going to be big next year then? Often the future hits are songs already out so let's speculate. Here are the first songs that come to my mind:

Snakehips - All My Friends [feat. Tinashe & Chance The Rapper]

House/RnB production duo Snakehips could be set for their breakthrough, which would also give Tinashe her long overdue first chart hit.

Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza [SeeB Remix]

Yes, the same Mike Posner that made 'Cooler Than Me' a hit 5 years ago. Who knew he'd be set for another potential hit now?

Blinkie - Don't Give Up (On Love)

Could this finally smash in the new year after lingering around the bottom end of the chart for a while? I hope so, great song.

Zara Larsson - Lush Life

Zara coming for her second hit? Definitely if this gets pushed, I think.

DJ Fresh & High Contrast - How Love Begins [feat. Dizzee Rascal]

Seems obvious this will at least chart somewhere, possibly another top 10 for him?

Alessia Cara - Here

With this being a US top 10 hit and her on the Sound Of list, it seems very likely this will at some point be a hit.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Dec 2 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I Took A Pill In Ibiza reminds me of my flop BJSC entry 'I Want You' by Wrabel. It's a strong remix, wondering how much longer the tropical house sound will continue to be popular though, seeing as a lot of these sub-genre dance trends often usually seem to last for a year or so.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Dec 2 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
I totally forgot we had this thread last year laugh.gif I need to read it again to see which slayed and which flopped. Hopefully my previous BJSC artist Snakehips can go big and DJ Fresh and Zara can go big also biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Dec 2 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
With House music on its way out (RIP) and Garage music on its way back in (again!), it'll be interesting to see what's big next year in terms of dance tracks. I just hope we don't go back down the H Two O / T2 / Mike Delinquent route again because as it good as it was it now sounds terribly dated.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Dec 2 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
I know the singles from Tringle did practically nothing, but I still have faith that when JoJo finally releases the full studio version of MNEK produced 'Good Thing' that it could be a massive UK smash if pushed:

Would love it to be this year's 'Hideaway'. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, I just hope her team know what they are doing and are gearing this up as the massive lead single, as I so want 2016 to be her's for the taking.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 2 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
OMG that Mike Posner song to be a HIT please heart.gif

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post Dec 2 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
Dawin feat. Silento - Dessert

Guilty pleasure written all over this and already big in Australia. Should take off eventually.

Shift K3Y feat. BB Diamond - Gone Missing

If Garage does make a comeback next year, I'd expect there to be hits that sound similar to this one. Who knows, maybe even 'Gone Missing' could do something too, it's certainly good enough.

Frisco feat. Shakka - Different Kind

No audio for this yet, but I've heard it on late night 1Xtra and it sounds BIG. Watch this space...

+Quote this post
danG
post Dec 2 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Since when was garage meant to be making a comeback? must've missed the memo somewhere unsure.gif

I know the new Craig David song is doing half decently but I thought that was more down to the song being his first in absolute ages.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 2 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
If this is the best that 2016 has to offer than I'll stick to my flop faves tbh drama.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Dec 2 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Dancember @ Dec 2 2015, 05:36 PM) *
Since when was garage meant to be making a comeback? must've missed the memo somewhere unsure.gif

I know the new Craig David song is doing half decently but I thought that was more down to the song being his first in absolute ages.

I thought it was? Unless I made that up in my head like a lot of things laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Dec 2 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I hope Zara Larsson breaks through, everyone at work is obsessed with that girl on Never Forget You, so I can see Lush Life being a hit next month.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Dec 2 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #12
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
Hoping Snakehips and Zara Larsson make the breakthroughs they deserve! Also wouldn't mind Dawin becoming a hit, it's so much better than Watch Me!! Quite a few of the tips I have no heard yet.

+Quote this post
Ethan
post Dec 2 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #13
Group icon
3:23
User: 5,269
huh.gif garage is just a subgenre of house music with a HUGE overlap with deep/future variants~ tongue.gif

John Gibbons ~ Your Love

M-22 ~ Inspiration

Matoma ~ Love You Right (feat. Nico & Vinz)

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post Dec 2 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
Bryson Tiller - Don't

This guy is blowing up in America and is in line for a big 2016. Getting Drake or The Weeknd vibes from him. Maybe not this song, but promising nevertheless. This type of R&B is proving popular right now.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Dec 3 2015, 12:14 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
How's the Mike Posner song gonna get round radio though? They're hardly going to play a song that goes "I took a pill in Ibiza..."

Will have to have a listen to some of the other songs mentioned in this thread though.

This post has been edited by Mangø: Dec 3 2015, 12:15 AM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Dec 3 2015, 10:54 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Spotify released a playlist overnight with their tip for 2016:

Jack Garratt
Samm Henshaw
Jones
HONNE
Gavin James
Nao
Will Joseph Cook
Mabel
Mura Masa
Anne-Marie
Blossoms
LÉON
Frances
Max Pope
Matoma

+Quote this post
seven.
post Dec 3 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #17
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
From the ones mentioned; Lush Life I think will be a definite Top 5 hit/potential #1 ('Uncover' could be a sizeable hit too if it's pushed), and Dessert/I Took a Pill will probably break through at some point

Wonder if Lukas Graham - 7 Years could become some sort of hit? Not sure how much that'll catch on in the UK but it could happen. The Vamps could finally grab a decent sized hit this era with Volcano. The Chainsmokers - Roses may take off like it has in the US. I'll try and think of more later on ~

On the topic of upcoming artists, i see Zara Larsson and Dua Lipa being among next year's big chart stars, and Loyle Carner possibly being a Mercury Prize contender (if he releases an album)

+Quote this post
simonf
post Dec 3 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,472
7 Years definitely has potential I think, and hopefully will get pushed at some point. If Ed Sheeran had sung a song like that it'd be big. Its doing well in Europe at the moment so it could certainly cross over.

Also:

Matt Simons - Catch & Release - been big in Europe so could catch on here.
Elle King - Ex's & Oh's - I know its just been added to the R1 playlist so it'd probably do well anyway but I can see this picking up steam after the New Year.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 3 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Really hope Lush Life is big! Such a jam. Really rooting for Exs And Ohs, Here and All My Friends too, all four need to be huge hits.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 7 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Surely this is going to be massive when pushed, absolutely incredible song heart.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:13 PM