BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grace Capristo - One Woman Army, (aka Mandy Capristo)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Hurricane
post Mar 21 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #1
get me started, hot like fire
Group: Members
Member No.: 17,262
   No Gallery Pics

After a lengthy hiatus, ex-Monrose singer Mandy Capristo (now Grace Capristo) is back with her comeback single "One Woman Army", which is out now in Germany, as well as in the US.

You might know her from her latest solo efforts, but she went under the name of 'Mandy Capristo' instead :

Otherwise, she was in Germany's biggest girlgroup with their hit song 'Hot Summer' being covered by like literally everyone.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 21 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Weird, I was wondering what happened to her. This is a good song though, nowhere near Closer but nothing will be.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 21 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Eh it's alright I guess. Nothing will ever beat Hurricane but it's great to have her back regardless wub.gif

+Quote Post
Hurricane
post Mar 21 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #4
get me started, hot like fire
Member No.: 17,262
   No Gallery Pics

It's really growing on me. wub.gif

Ironic, but I think an actual drop after the "try and stop me, I'm a one woman army" would do wonders for the track. The backing vocals (army-eh-ehhh-ehhh) right after it are a tad annoying and it would work better after a few seconds of pure instrumental. Am I alone thinking this? thinking.gif

-------

I'm reading a bit about the whole thing, it seems this is self-fund and she's went "indie". I'm not entirely sure, however.

Seems like she's extremely mad at her (previous?) label... I'm actually a bit surprised to hear this, but then, she is burning a recording contract in the video, so...
I just don't quite get it because 'Grace' (the album) was literally everything Mandy wanted it to be except possibly for 'The Way I Like It', I guess, but even then, she performed it in a acoustic version constantly, so I'm a bit perplexed as to what creative control she felt was excessively lacking... If anything, she had a lot more for her solo record than she ever did in Monrose.

Anyhow, the whole "Grace Capristo" seems to be somesort of "revolution" against her days under her previous label, a new beginning sort of thing.

An insider on Popjustice said she recorded some excellent songs in the past few months, but were funded by her previous label - meaning it's possible she doesn't have any rights to them. sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:04 PM