BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> PVRIS - White Noise (Deluxe Version), 22/04/2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Linds.
post 21st April 2016, 11:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for the standard version of this album already but the deluxe edition came out today so I thought it was about time we got a bit more discussion going about this incredible band as they deserve it! *.*

You and I being their latest single was released in February but Empty and the stripped version of You and I are completely new and are insanely stunning. I think they're the most personal songs Lynn has written (lyrically) and you can really hear that in her voice, I urge you all to give it a listen as White Noise is one of my all time favourite albums and the deluxe version only makes it better. I'm pretty sure PVRIS are working on a follow up album to their debut so there's only more new music to come wub.gif cheer.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: 22nd April 2016, 05:06 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 22nd April 2016, 12:44 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Love the album in its entirety - I guess that just makes Empty and the stripped version of You And I that I haven't heard, which seems quite a light addition even for a deluxe. You And I was a bit underwhelming at first but it's on a par with the rest of the album pretty well these days.

(obligatory mention as this is a new thread that Holy is my absolute favourite aside from everyone's favourite in St. Patrick, those lyrics are taking on some really profound subject matter and I keep coming back to it the most, helps of course that Lynn's singing affectations on 'you poor unfortunate soul' are fantastic)

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 22nd April 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
St Patrick and You and I were jams and I liked Eyelids so I should really check this out thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 22nd April 2016, 09:00 AM
Post #4
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Yea Holy is amazing, aside from the singles, it and Mirrors are my favourites heart.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 22nd April 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 22nd April 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Wow, I wasn't expecting Empty to be so stripped-back. That's almost Lana before Lynn's cries come in at the end - haunting is the right word for that <3 Definitely helpful in showing their versatility.

A new side to You And I is lovely too - makes me think of how I sometimes end up preferring Lights' acoustic versions of her songs.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 22nd April 2016, 09:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 22 2016, 07:07 PM) *
Wow, I wasn't expecting Empty to be so stripped-back. That's almost Lana before Lynn's cries come in at the end - haunting is the right word for that <3 Definitely helpful in showing their versatility.

A new side to You And I is lovely too - makes me think of how I sometimes end up preferring Lights' acoustic versions of her songs.

I love acoustic versions too, PVRIS actually have an old acoustic EP and it's stunning, a lot more like Empy and the stripped back tracks, Empty reminds me of Demon Limbs from it, there's some lyrical cross-over there wub.gif

My favourite live acoustic from PVRIS is this version of Fire, it's just Lynn on her own but I love it, gives me goosebumps every time laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 23rd April 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Nice album, apart from the ones I've already mentioned my highlights were Ghosts (laugh.gif anything about ghosts as a song title always seems to be good), Mirrors I seemed to get similarities to Don't Let Me Down/Roses, Fire (I think I've heard this one before music.gif ), White Noise had nice vocals, Holy (again those vocals *.*)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:37 AM