BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Which song, Recording
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
eden
post 16th May 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 393

Can anyone shed 'light' on tracks listed. Which song was specially 'written in' for Darius? & is it on recording? If not, does that mean, no solo by DARIUS?! Thank u.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 17th May 2016, 07:17 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 334

There's a solo called Temporary Arrangement. It was written for the character of Nick and, in that respect, I see its purpose but it was taken out of the show during its off Broadway try-outs and didn't feature on Broadway, in London or the film.

There's a reason for that.. It doesn't fit with the rest of the show's songs, which are mainly upbeat and/or comedic and it's nowhere near Styne's best.

I'll have to hear it again. I was distracted by the dancers when I saw it performed, mainly because I couldn't figure out what their purpose was in that scene. I still don't know.

Some day Darius WILL get a good solo song which does justice to his voice.

I wish he'd said yes to South Pacific when the producers wanted him for the West End revival a few years ago. This Nearly Was Mine is a great song. I'd have loved to hear Darius singing that even once.

Edit - It was 2011. I guess Darius didn't want to take on a long run in the UK when he'd just got married. He did the limited run of Chicago with America Ferrera later in the year.

This post has been edited by Baytree: 17th May 2016, 07:51 AM

+Quote this post
megham
post 17th May 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 111

I still love 'Who are we now' I like Temporary arrangement now it has been altered to include the telephone call. I felt so sorry for him (and I know it's only a play)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:42 PM