BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Number One's, Which do you NOT consider a number 1.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Worst Number 1
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
pippa
post 5th August 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

In the opposite to the previous number 1 poll, for this i ask what is the number 1 hit by Take That that you still do not like. When you place your vote for the one you like least please mention a song that didnt reach number 1 for them that you think should have.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 5th August 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

I know many dislike Sure. However, I quite like it. From my perspective the weakness on the list is Babe. Although not a fan back in those days I remember liking the video but disliking the song itself. It's a weak song which lacks a killer chorus and the vocals are lamentable.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th August 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This is a much easier round to vote in, it is fair to say my vote is most likely predictable here as i am voting Sure. I will never understand having 2 quality songs which are now partially career defining songs, Back for Good and Never Forget were not chosen as the lead single.

+Quote this post
milly
post 5th August 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

This is a tough one. I'm with dylan on this one smile.gif Sure is not exactly a favorite, but I don't get particularly annoyed by it - the videos, especially, make up in humour for what the songs lacks in maturity.
I voted Babe, but I was inclined to choose Everything Changes as well. Normally, I like the song (EC), but, if we refer to the single as it was released, I can't stand it - Robbie's awful vocals compete with the 3 notes vocal range of Babe...it's hard to choose tongue.gif I'm not too fond of Shine either - again, in the form it was released in!

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 6th August 2016, 04:17 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

How deep is your love is their worst number one. It's such a boring cover version. I can't believe this was previously their final track before they reformed.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 6th August 2016, 08:53 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Interesting you said that Slowdown. I bought the album the other day and I've been playing it in the car. They had songs such as Nobody Else and HBTT but they decided to release a cover version for their last single- a very strange decision.

Milly, in relation to EC I love the song. Wondering if you like the acoustic spin they put on it at the start of An Audience With? I think it's absolutely gorgeous! I wish they'd do a similar version on tour.

+Quote this post
milly
post 6th August 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I like EC in any shape or form, except when it's sung by Robbie. When I said I'd have chosen EC as one of their weakest singles, I was referring strictly to the form in which it was released as a single. Had it been sung then as it's being sung now, it would have never been on my black list smile.gif I especially love the swing version - just like I like the swing version of Sure. But, when I go watch the official video and I hear Robbie's horrible vocals, I wonder how on earth did it occur to them to release that as a single.

While I would have also preferred to have the beautiful NE or HBTT as a single, I can't say I dislike HDIYL and I believe it's the best cover of that song to this date - I would go as far as to say that most people believe it's one of those rare cases where the cover beats the original. Besides, the video is so hilarious I could never hold a grudge against the song laugh.gif

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 6th August 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950

I've gone for How Deep is Your Love and agree with above as I also find it dull and a safe option for a final single. I would have liked either Holding back the tears or the day after tomorrow to have been released as the final song for them.

Track that I wish had gone to number one would be Love Ain't Here Anymore as I've always liked that one more than some of other singles from Everything Changes.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 7th August 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

I think Babe, although I'm surprised people haven't overwhelmingly selected Sure (based on fan feedback!)

I really like Gary's voice and the backing vocals on HDIYL. Great song imo

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 7th August 2016, 11:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Sure is an easy vote for me, it is one of their most forgettable songs and I never listen to it. Since they reformed I don't remember any time they have ever performed this but I could be wrong. I will never understand why it was picked as the lead single as it was so poor in compasrison to what was to follow. If sure was selected as third single it would have never got number 1 so maybe they knew that as the plan worked as they got three number 1's from the album.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th August 2016, 12:53 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'How Deep Is Your Love'! Their cover of this classic doesn't really do a lot for me. Just a really unexciting reworking.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th August 2016, 01:48 AM
Post #12
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

It was a close run thing between Babe & Sure, but I went with the latter in the end!

+Quote this post
jay727
post 8th August 2016, 07:43 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

They did a version of Sure in the BW tour, and Gary has reworked it on a few occasions to a swing song.

Although I went with Babe, I do like the backing vocals!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 8th August 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I am slightly but not shocked surprised by the results so far. The cover version picks up the votes. I did like How Deep is Your Love but it wasn't a song that would come into my mind straight away when i would think of Take That. That said, i like their version and much prefer it to Sure which i think is pretty much awful.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 8th August 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Surprised someone selected Everything Changes. I love that song, probably one of my top 3 favs pre 2006

This post has been edited by jay727: 8th August 2016, 09:40 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 9th August 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yes, i must admit i was surprised seeing an Everything Changes vote too. That said, it shows how much we all value songs in different ways.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 10th August 2016, 07:14 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I loved the acoustic snippet from An Audience with TT back in 2006! Would love to hear the full version!

+Quote this post
milly
post 10th August 2016, 09:53 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I guess those who chose HDIYL are not Bee Gees fans either tongue.gif

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 10th August 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Oh, I love, love the Bee Gees - fab group. I really like TT's version but I'm obviously in the minority smile.gif

The slant they put on EC in An Audience With is exactly what I've been saying for sometime Jay. The acoustic version was so, so lovely.

They keep to the same arrangements for each tour with very minor changes. I wish they would put more effort into the musical arrangements in the same way they do with the production elements. For example, the changes they made to CIBM on the BW tour were simply lovely and a great improvement on the quicker version which they seem to prefer. Similarly I like the version of AMLS from one of their old tours, sorry I can't remember which one, but Howard and Gary were sitting at keyboards and the other three were sitting behind them.

I reckon even stalwarts such as BFG and Pray could be revamped in some way. I know I'm going off topic here but if they are going to tour as a 3 next year before the 25 anniversary tour with Rob ( assuming he jumps on board) I'd like them to go outside of the box and sing a lot of the B sides and songs which haven't been aired such as WAFD, Butterfly, Rocketship etc. Too many songs haven't been heard live which is such a shame.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 10th August 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Some of their b sides would fit great on the tour. In the general terms of the tours i have very little complaints on the song arrangements and set lists.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:25 PM