BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> FEVER, started long ago ~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Sep 1 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

So i've been suffering from multiple fevers recently (not sure how serious this is, but that's beyond the point) so naturally i've been listening to this from Madonna to get me through the sickness. But what are your thoughts on the fourth single from 'Erotica' and its accompanying music video? A cover version of a song released initially in 1956 it had an eclectic music video to accompany it and reached the top 10 in the UK. It wasn't released as a single officially in the US and remains one of her more forgotten tracks so let's remember it now ~

not a 'feel sorry for me' thread, promise!!1
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post Sep 1 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
The single mix is a lot better than the album version . I'm not a huge fan of the video if honest I hear he was an upcoming trendy director at the time ?

I do love the live performance from the girlie show . It's titilating 😜

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 1 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I actually really like Madonna's interpretation of 'Fever'; she seemed to notice the sexual nature in the song and brought it to the forefront in a way Little Willie John and Peggy Lee didn't (whether that's because they failed to justly do so or wasn't ever the intention in the first place, I don't know). It's like a combination of dance music and lounge bar jazz music which creates something both soothing and arousing, plus Madonna's soft and whispery vocals give it that extra effect. However, despite being able to love what Madonna did with the song, I've never really loved the actual song itself so Madonna's version remains restricted to like a 6/10.

I don't think the decision to release it as a single was a good choice (it just drags a little too much and doesn't ever peak or hold its own with the spotlight of single status shined on it) but I enjoy it as an album track, which I usually pretend is all it is. I also like its placing on the album, likewise with 'Bye Bye Baby' - I feel I'd get bored of them if they were later in the album, but being at the start means your attention-span is still up.

Fun fact: it seems like Madonna's cover came about just by chance, as Wiki tells me she was in the final stages of her song 'Goodbye to Innocence' and started singing 'Fever' over it and just loved the way it sounded.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 1 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm not huge on the song in any format. It fits perfectly on the Erotica album the way M has done it but it should've stayed that way and didn't need a push as a single. A decent song but not one of her best.

The video I actually find quite interesting in an arty/gratuitous sort of way!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 2 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Oh, I see they did try give it a bit of oomph for the single mix, however it distracts you from the vocals which was a key element to give it that sensual nature.

The video is pretty artsy fartsy but was clearly quickly put together in order to move on from 'Bad Girl' flopping (which was totally undeserved and I don't like the thought of the record company wanting to sweep that under the carpet).

(by the way, Kylie's 'Fever' > Cascada's 'Fever' > Madonna's 'Fever')

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 2 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
You did NOT just mention Cascada in this forum and worse still say that a song of theirs is potentially better than a Madonna song. Cascada is THE DEVIL of music hitler.gif That's your first warning Mr.!! nono.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 2 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
(they have a few good songs but for personal reasons I DESPISE them/her)

+Quote this post
tommie
post Sep 2 2016, 08:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
Meh... had this been on the Dick Tracy soundtrack it would've been ok, but I don't like (obvious) covers on studio albums in general.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Sep 2 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
its shit

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 3 2016, 01:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Sep 2 2016, 08:52 PM) *
You did NOT just mention Cascada in this forum and worse still say that a song of theirs is potentially better than a Madonna song. Cascada is THE DEVIL of music hitler.gif That's your first warning Mr.!! nono.gif

Cascada are innovators who reinvented what a dance floorfiller could be. heehee.gif (Seriously though, I probably only like about three songs myself. I do, however, really like their 'Fever'. ph34r.gif)

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 3 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:28 PM