BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Despicable Me 3, June 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Dec 14 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Two hopes for this

- that it doesn't produce anything as awful as "Happy"
- that it's better than Minions as they were too much on their own at the forefront
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jul 5 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
QUOTE(J▲hq @ Dec 14 2016, 08:52 PM) *

Two hopes for this

- that it doesn't produce anything as awful as "Happy"
- that it's better than Minions as they were too much on their own at the forefront

Yellow Light says hi hi.gif At least it's about 2 million times less overplayed !!

This was about on par with the rest of the trilogy for me as it was pretty much more of the same. The Minions spin-off remains my favourite of the franchise though - mainly because I find them to be really funny at times even if some of the gags to fall very flat (the singing contest and prison sequences were fab in this film and I still laugh at the "Gru con boobs" line even though I've seen that clip so many times already laugh.gif).

Balthazar Bratt was lots of fun as a villain too! I loved his appreciation of camp classics like "Into the Groove" and "Physical" and he had a few good one-liners too - I chuckled at the "I can't believe this show didn't win an Emmy" line laugh.gif I'd like him to appear in a sequel again if they continue the franchise on after Minions 2 (would be hard to resist considering the fortune they must make off tickets as well as merchandising and toys *-*)

Overall, it was a fun film but I'd have like more Minions to be honest. The little girls are cute too though, my heart melted at the unicorn goat wub.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jul 5 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Might want to see this. smile.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 6 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(nfjabf @ Jul 5 2017, 08:19 PM) *
Yellow Light says hi hi.gif At least it's about 2 million times less overplayed !!

I don't remember it, as long as it stays away from the charts it's OK laugh.gif

The reference to "Sing" was a highlight and Agnes is very cute. I'd put it on a par with the Minions movie (I love them and they're very cute, but a bit much for an entire movie I thought) and not quite as good as the previous movie. A fine way to spend 90 minutes but it doesn't reach the heights of the majority of Pixar movies or other animations such as "Trolls" or "Sing".

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 8 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
5/10. The Minions movie was better, as was the first one. It has some amusing moments though, but needed more Minions moments.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:51 AM