BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movies Awards 2017: Important Questions!, Categories? Films included?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Important Q's
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th December 2016, 03:32 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hey everyone! Buzzjack Movie Awards will be returning for 2017 and will be hosted by Jahq, Josh & myself again! However we have a couple of questions to ask

Firstly, and the big question, what films should be eligible. Either from February to December (so UKreleases 2016 and then from next year onwards it'd be Jan-Dec) or how we did it last year (Feb '16- Jan '17) which includes more of the Oscar hopefuls. However the latter has a bit of a problem this year, while it worked for last year, this year would see quite a few films be ineligible for these awards due to their late UK release dates. This includes Moonlight, Fences, Patriots Day, Miss Sloane, Elle and a couple more so this means the year after would still have a mix of 2017/2018 Oscar contenders. So which one should we do? (Please vote in poll!)
1) UK FEB-DEC 2016 (this method would also allow for a longer voting period as there'd be less of a rush to fit everything in)
2) UK- FEB '16- JAN '17

Secondly, increase the amount of nominations per the big categories. So the final tallys will stay the same (e.g picture- 10, acting categories- 5) but you can nominate up to 15 best pictures and 7 actors per category. Yes or no?

Thirdly does anyone have any suggestions for new categories? please post in this thread if you do!

Also watch out for a recommendation/prediction thread that'll come up when the date eligibility is decided!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th December 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Feb 16-Dec 16
Same as last year

were the options I went for. As hard as it probably would be for us to whittle down to "just" 5, I think it makes it a lot tougher, coz it'll be the best of the best! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th December 2016, 03:05 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Please can someone split the 2nd poll! wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread