BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscar-nominated performances by... Jennifer Lawrence
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Mar 22 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

JENNIFER LAWRENCE

Her Oscar nominations/wins have been for:
Best Leading Actress (2011) - Winter's Bone (as Ree)
Best Leading Actress (2013) - Silver Linings Playbook (as Tiffany)
Best Supporting Actress (2014) - American Hustle (as Rosalyn Rosenfeld)
Best Leading Actress (2016) - Joy (as Joy Mangano)

How would you rank these performances? Do you think she deserved to win in any of these years? Do you think she deserved nominations for any other performances?

Here are some other awards nominations/wins she has received:
GOLDEN GLOBES
Winter's Bone (Best Leading Actress - Drama)
Silver Linings Playbook (Best Leading Actress - Comedy/Musical)
American Hustle (Best Supporting Actress)
Joy (Best Leading Actress - Comedy/Musical)

BAFTAS
Silver Linings Playbook (Best Leading Actress)

SAG AWARDS
Winter's Bone (Best Leading Actress)
Silver Linings Playbook (Best Leading Actress)

OSCAR NOMINATED PERFORMANCES BY...
Amy Adams
Jennifer Lawrence

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 22 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
One of the most exciting new actresses of recent years, quite crazy to think she managed four Oscar nominations in just six years! Would love to see her pop back up at this awards season for Mother! Aronofsky has directed some beloved female performances in the past (Natalie Portman & Ellen Burstyn) so she's in with a good shot!

I'd rank her performances like this:
1 Silver Linings Playbook
2 American Hustle
3 Joy
4 Winter's Bone

Silver Linings is definitely her best role for me (even more so than Katniss), her and Bradley Cooper were a lovely duo in this and it's a great romantic story, glad she won for this. She probably is a bit too young for her role in American Hustle but she's a massive scene stealer, easily my acting highlight from this (who can forget her kissing Amy Adams). I actually really liked her in Joy and thought she was very deserving of the nomination that year, she makes you really root for her, especially in the scene when she's on the TV for the first time. Winter's Bone is a film that I never really got the love for, it was really dull in my opinion and although the role is different for her, it was her least entertaining for me.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 22 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I'd agree with those rankings! 'Silver Linings Playbook' is one of my favourite films due to the chemistry of the two leads. Very surprised, but pleased she managed to win for that role. She was also the highlight of 'American Hustle' for me, too. And although I found 'Joy' good but boring, she was captivating and gave a great performance.

I have yet to see 'Winters Bone' though. I've heard mixed stuff! I've heard it's "brilliant" but I've also heard, what Josh has said, that it's "boring". So I'm in two minds on whether to watch it or not. I'm sure I will at some point though.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Mar 22 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I've heard she's a twat.

Anyway, my favourites are:

1.Katniss Everdeen
2. Silver Linings Playbook
3. American Hustle
4. Joy
5. Winter's Bone

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 23 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
1. Silver Linings Playbook
2. Joy

Joy I commented about in the 2015 actress thread already but she was superb in it and anchored the film terrifically! Though of course her best is SLP which she deservedly picked up the Oscar for, she was so good in it and gave one of my favourite performances in recent years! <3

Still haven't got round to American Hustle or Winter's Bone even though I have one on DVD and the other on my Netflix list for ages! Really need to make time for them!

I also loved her as Katniss and I wish she somehow snuck more awards attention for her performance in the first two films in particular! <3

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 23 2017, 08:27 AM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(Peenus Fly Trap @ Mar 22 2017, 05:45 PM) *
I've heard she's a twat.

Anyway, my favourites are:

1.Katniss Everdeen
2. Silver Linings Playbook
3. American Hustle
4. Joy
5. Winter's Bone

I'm not sure I'd go that far (laugh.gif) but I must admit that I have gone off her personality a bit, she used to be a lot more likable in her interviews but recentiy she comes across as very arrogant imo. I still rate her as an actress and like seeing her succeed though, she is a big talent!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:20 PM