BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney Spears may take next year's Super Bowl Halftime Show
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post 11th July 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

Britney Spears Is Reportedly Eager To Headline The Super Bowl Halftime Show, Team Has Had “Secret Discussions” With TV Execs

Britney Spears may take next year's Super Bowl Halftime Show by storm.

This rumor pops up every year, and every year millions of people approve: we want the princess of pop to perform at the Super Bowl. And if the reports are true, she will!

The NYDaily News claims a source tells them the "Slumber Party" singer's associates have had “secret discussions” with television and advertising execs tied to Super Bowl LII.

“Britney has made it clear to her team that it is a dream to perform at a Super Bowl,” their source said. “She has the hits package and appeal to be a headliner.”

They also add several other "big acts" may join her.

It's perfect timing. 2018 marks the 20-year anniversary of Britney breaking into the industry with "Baby One More Time." What better way to celebrate an icon than with a massive performance in front of the entire world? She's also in tip-top performing shape and doesn't have any shows scheduled for the new year.

Last year, the BBC Radio 1 asked the queen if she'd be up for it. “Yes, I would probably do that,” she answered.

Game on, Britney!

-breatheheavy

Who would you like to see join Britney on stage? Which songs are essential to include on the set list?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 11th July 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

After the incredible set she did at the Billboard Awards last year, just imagine what she could do with a platform like the Super Bowl with such a huge budget?! ohmy.gif

I could see her wanting to do 'Baby', 'Slave', 'Toxic', 'Womanizer' and 'Work Bitch' like she did at Billboard, but I'd love something like 'Gimme More' or 'Break the Ice' or 'Circus' too.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 11th July 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

I just hope its not just a Vegas rinse and repeat performance

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 12th July 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

^^^ my same thoughts lol.

It would be a totally disappointment if she actually does Vegas segment.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 12th July 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

I think they would know not to do a wash rinse and repeat performance for the Super Bowl. Especially if it's kicking off a new era.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 12th July 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

Do they really? I'm not so sure. Also if it is her, can they finally teach her to lipsynch to live vocals?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th July 2017, 11:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

EXCITING!!

I agree with Tyler in that I think they know NOT to do Vegas rinse & repeat! Especially for the Superbowl. I honestly believe she'll absolutely kill it! People can't judge her for lip synching when 95% of Superbowl performers lip synched iirc! But they never judge her too much for it in America anyway. Well, not to the extent the likes of the UK do! drama.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th July 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Oh. Apparently the Pepsi Executive or something has confirmed that she isn't doing it. sad.gif

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/...-halftime-pepsi

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 13th July 2017, 02:14 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

hmmm very suspicious...every year rumors happen but we never get executives confirming it :light:...I smell something!!!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 13th July 2017, 03:40 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

For whatever reason, I feel like they wouldn't do two big female pop stars in a row? She would be SUCH a good choice for this though, it'd be hard to know what to cut from her back catalogue for a performance like this but it'd be so ideal to put her properly back in favour with the general public.

+Quote this post
post 13th July 2017, 06:25 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'm not going to get my hopes up because she's been rumoured quite a few times including last year and it never happens. It would be amazing if she had tbt confidence to do it though heart.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:32 PM