BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2017: Week #30, here comes the rain again // + links + write-up
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jul 25 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
XX on top this 30th week of 2017 as the indie band score another #1 with Deluxe track Seasons Run, their second for me following On Hold. The single becomes their third top 5 single from the new album. Inna is close behind for the second week running; Ruleta becomes her second #2 this year, and is joined in this week’s top 5 by HAIM, BLACKPINK and Smallpools, the latter of which being my selection for this month’s BJSC. Previous chart toppers Instruction and Wild Thoughts this week fall to #6 and #7.

Clean Bandit’s Disconnect featuring Marina enters the top ten this week, their second this year, at #9 already just one place off Symphony’s peak. Jhene Aiko also scores another top 10 this week; Hello Ego becomes her first this year as a lead artist following two top 5 features. The highest brand new entry this week goes to Shura; What Happened To Us? from her 2016 album debuts as this week’s #12.

As for other new entries this week, once again, there’s a metaphorical flood. Calvin and Nicki’s Skrt On Me from catchily-named latest album Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 extends both artists’ run of top 20 singles this week, Minaj’s Swish Swish with Katy Perry also moves into this week's top 20 solidifying her unbroken chain. Brand new entries further down the chart also come from SWIMS and Chelsea Cutler, two others I considered sending to BJSC, as well as AlunaGeorge, Anjulie, Warpaint, Goldfrapp, Harper, Marlene, the Chainsmokers and Gemini. The Lana-pocalypse also begins as Groupie Love becomes Ms. Del Rey’s latest new entry; I’m projecting many more to come over the next few charts following her latest album release last week gifting us 11 brand new tracks.

New entries will be getting individual video links and a bit of commentary later on in the week, so check back and that’ll save you having to search them out individually, I’ll update the thread title accordingly when those are done.
For now, the top 40 for this fourth week of July:

01 The XX - Seasons Run [9-4-1]
02 Inna ft. Erick - Ruleta [21-3-2]
03 HAIM - Little of Your Love [9-3]
04 BLACKPINK - As If It's Your Last [21-15-6-4]
05 Smallpools - Million Bucks [22-5]
06 Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don - Instruction [33-6-1-2-6]
07 DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts [14-5-2-1-7]
08 Jhene Aiko ft. Chris Brown - Hello Ego [30-13-8]
09 Clean Bandit ft. Marina and the Diamonds - Disconnect [15-9]
10 Young Summer - Alright [22-16-10]
11 Henry Fong ft. Nyla + Stylo G - Young Hearts [40-23-17-11]
12 Shura - What Happened to Us? [N]
13 Lorde - Perfect Places [18-13]
14 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Death of Love [30-14]
15 Calvin Harris ft. Nicki Minaj - Skrt On Me [N]
16 Smalltown DJs ft. Lisa Lobsinger - Erased the Night [23-X2-14-16]
17 DeJ Loaf - No Fear [20-12-8-17]
18 Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish [23-18]
19 SWIMS - AM 2 DM [N]
20 Qulinez - Boys Don't Cry [34-21-20]
21 Joseph and Maia - Pouring Light [36-27-12-21]
22 Sage the Gemini - Reverse [21-15-8-5-22]
23 Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP Rocky - Groupie Love [N]
24 Goldfrapp - Faux Suede Drifter [N]
25 Chelsea Cutler - Sixteen [N]
26 Galantis x Misha K - Hunter [31-26]
27 Meadowlark x Mt Wolf - Satellite [24-27]
28 Bear's Den - Broken Parable [30-13-7-28]
29 Estelle ft. Tarrus Riley - Love Like Ours [29-29]
30 TLC - Perfect Girls [27-30]
31 AlunaGeorge - Turn Up the Love [N]
32 Anjulie ft. Oskar Flood - Where the Love Goes [N]
33 Warpaint - The Stall [N]
34 Tonight Alive - World Away [25-34]
35 Harper - Bad Luck [N]
36 Marlene - Next to Me [N]
37 Chainsmokers - Honest [N]
38 Sigrid x Gryffin - Don't Kill My Vibe [40-38]
39 Kiesza - Dearly Beloved [38-39]
40 Gemini - Something in Me, Something In You [N]

#1s this year:
Fickle Friends – Brooklyn (2)
Dua Lipa – Be The One (3)
Ed Sheeran – Castle On the Hill (1)
Tal – Slow Down the Flow (1)
Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely (2)
Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (2)
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean + Migos – Slide (2)
Nicki Minaj ft. Drake + Lil Wayne – No Frauds (1)
Era Istrefi ft. Felix Snow – Redrum (2)
Chainsmokers ft. Jhené Aiko – Wake Up Alone (3)
Lady Gaga – The Cure (1)
Wale ft. Major Lazer, Dua Lipa + WizKid – My Love (1)
Syn Cole ft. Nevve – Sway (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Little Mix ft. Stormzy – Power (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don – Instruction (1)
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (1)
The XX – Seasons Run (~)

Where can you see what I’m listening to? My spotify A-List playlist = {click here}

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Jul 30 2017, 09:51 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jul 25 2017, 11:24 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Hi Jupiter!

Interesting choice of #1 ohmy.gif What made you choose this over their current single I Dare You?

Nice to see Disconnect reach a new peak - wish it could do something officially sad.gif

Great to see Young Hearts reach a new peak as well! music.gif Still trying to work out what on earth the lyric So right now just get rid of Simon means though unsure.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jul 25 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #3
Group icon
QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jul 25 2017, 12:24 PM) *
Hi Jupiter!

Interesting choice of #1 ohmy.gif What made you choose this over their current single I Dare You?

Nice to see Disconnect reach a new peak - wish it could do something officially sad.gif

Great to see Young Hearts reach a new peak as well! music.gif Still trying to work out what on earth the lyric So right now just get rid of Simon means though unsure.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

Well, I was excited to see what was new on the deluxe and this caught me hard off the bat, so I actually haven't listened to I Dare You really yet. I'll probably playlist it when I get sick of Seasons Run. ...right now I'm questioning why they left it off the standard edition, it's such a good track ohmy.gif

Disconnect is not bad at all, even if a really left field choice after their pop-ification with Rockabye and Symphony!

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jul 25 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
I echo the above comments, Disconnect really does deserve to be big!

Here are my favourites from this week's chart!

Great chart this week!

+Quote this post
toffochews
post Jul 26 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,120
hi

02 Inna ft. Erick - Ruleta [21-3-2]not bad this
03 HAIM - Little of Your Love [9-3]yes at haim doing well here!
12 Shura - What Happened to Us? [N]what happend to shura!
38 Sigrid x Gryffin - Don't Kill My Vibe [40-38]this is ok, prefer the original tho
39 Kiesza - Dearly Beloved [38-39]late show on such a fast paced chart!

great chart!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jul 30 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Thirteen new entries this week is less than there has been but still a substantial number, continuing the tendency of the chart's fast turnover. New entries this week mainly fall into three categories: album tracks from recent albums, songs I considered for BJSC entries, and then newer singles from established artists. So going through in that order:

ALBUM TRACKS

One of the few tracks left on Shura's 2016 debut album that I hadn't already played to death last year. Still think the album ended up criminally underrated, although she did shoot herself in the foot a little with that 7 minute track on her first release.

A Calvin/Nicki track that's a bit by the numbers. Nicki's singing is lovely, but her rap for once misses the edge and flair she usually brings (rhyming blunt with blunt? really?). Sorry pals, but this isn't even my favourite track with 'Skirt' in the title, and that in itself is a pretty small category.

Wee bit of chill, slower EDM from the producer's 2016 release. This one's been a slow burner with me since about April, gradually rising through my playlists to hit A this last week and gain enough plays to squeak into the top 40. Good wee tune.

Latest banger from Lana debuts midpack and will surely rise in next week's chart. Probably my favourite single from the album campaign so far and a worthy successor to the artist Lana hinted at being on Born to Die back in 2012. Still, when she releases Cherry that will knock this one out of the park.

Another track from Goldfrapp's latest album giving them a total of four new charters this year. I've just booked my ticket to go and see them on their tour later this year too, fab. Hoping it's a good set and she doesn't choose duds like she did a few Glastonburys ago.

Finally for this section, a fourth new charter for Warpaint also from their latest album. The Stall follows New Song, Above Control and Dre, two top tens and a top 20, to become the psychedelic band's lowest-peaker from the campaign so far. Still. Early days.

NEW 'SINGLES'

Another here from AlunaGeorge, a surprisingly soon follow-up to last year's full length album which came years and years after their debut. That campaign really gelled with my personal taste, racking up two #1s, a further two top 10s, and my most-played track of 2016 in I'm In Control. Unfortunately it didn't do so well with the general public, either album- or singles-wise, so it's maybe not so surprising they've moved swiftly on. Unfortunately...I just don't like these two new tracks as much. Turn Up the Love is not at all bad though, and if it wasn't following such a high point as I Remember, I feel I'd rate it higher.

Is it a single? Is it not a single? The Chainsmokers seemed to suggest both as to whether or not Honest will be their next heavily-pushed track. It's coming in as a single here though for ease as it's a new track from a recent album and, tbh, I only added it to my playlist in anticipation of it being one that would get into my head if it was going to be something I heard at work a lot. It's not a bad track but nothing to write home about.

And on to the BJSC potential tracks. I still might end up sending one of these to a future contest, so I'm going to leave them just as tracks to let you judge without backstory on the artists. (also to save me having to look it up!)

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Jul 30 2017, 09:04 AM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jul 30 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #7
Group icon
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jul 25 2017, 04:28 PM) *
I echo the above comments, Disconnect really does deserve to be big!

Here are my favourites from this week's chart!

Great chart this week!

Cheers biggrin.gif

QUOTE(toffonews @ Jul 26 2017, 11:53 AM) *
hi

02 Inna ft. Erick - Ruleta [21-3-2]not bad this
03 HAIM - Little of Your Love [9-3]yes at haim doing well here!
12 Shura - What Happened to Us? [N]what happend to shura!
38 Sigrid x Gryffin - Don't Kill My Vibe [40-38]this is ok, prefer the original tho
39 Kiesza - Dearly Beloved [38-39]late show on such a fast paced chart!

great chart!

Yeah, I didn't like the Kiesza track at all when I first heard it, it's better after some time to get used to her new sound I think!

As for Inna...she should be doing well next week too...

Thanks for commenting folks! Hearing y'alls thoughts is fab. Feel free to chime in with any thoughts about my other BJSC potentials biggrin.gif (should I start a country's potentials thread in the forum?)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:36 AM