BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Downsizing, Matt Damon, Christoph Waltz, Kristen Wiig
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Aug 30 2017, 06:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

So excited for this! It's been reportedly having editing problems because it's has loads of test screenings and different versions but I think the plot looks really interesting and I love the cast too (would love for Matt Damon to pop up at the awards again!). It's also directed by Alexander Payne who rarely puts a foot wrong, I've loved all of Election, Nebraska and The Descendants by him so I have really high hopes for this!

Shame we have to wait about two weeks for the full trailer sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 12 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This looks SO good! I love all of the stars, the plot looks really interesting, the humour looks funny (I liked the giant Vodka gag laugh.gif). I'm VERY excited for this and I have high hopes because Alexander Payne is always pretty great from the films of his that I've seen wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 12 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
This looks so random but really intriguing!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Oct 8 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
Very intriguing premise and the trailer is very funny! Not out in the UK until January (!) - any idea if it's available already online? 😏

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 27 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
a good cast and intriguing idea largely wasted. The science of it is very very silly, but if you treat it like a fantasy film it could have been very good, but wasn't. The first half could have been condensed into 10 minutes as it bore no relevance much to the second half. It wasn't quite amusing, not quite dramatic, not quite The Truman Show, not quite The Borrowers, and not really an ending with a satisfying conclusion. 6 out of 10 being generous, thanks to the cast.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jan 30 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Absolutely diabolical. SO boring and no real purpose.

The only thing I can say that was good of it was the idea? But that's largely forgotten about for most of the film!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Feb 1 2018, 07:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I can see the issues that some people are raising but I still rather enjoyed it tbh. I liked the set-up and then Hong Chau was the highlight of the entire thing so she saved the latter part of the movie, she was hilarious (I'm not really in a position to say that she deserved an Oscar nomination though, because Supporting Actress is the acting category where I haven't seen any of the nominees so far)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:19 AM