Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ZAYN feat. Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > One Direction and Solo
Calum
Zayn has posted on Instagram a teaser image for presumably the second single from the second album, with a date of 7 September!

Living for a Sia feature, sounds incredible to me! heart.gif
AdamAloud

YAASSSSS
JosephAvery
Sia ohmy.gif actually pretty intrigued by that!
Calum
Cannot wait to hear this wub.gif Hopefully it is an improvement on SGT (which I like, but wasn't one of his best!)
J▲hq
I loved Still Got Time and that teaser image plus the Sia features feels like they're going all out to make this one a hit, rather excited!!
Theonix
Jemima Kirke from Girls?! Is she singing or just going to be featured in the video? Looking forward to this anyway, "Still got Time" is one of my fave songs of the year, I can't believe it missed the top twenty cry.gif
TMD_24Quavo
Well this sounds promising going by this:
https://twitter.com/SykeOnAir/status/902002310003511296

‏ @SykeOnAir I've heard the new #Zayn track and it's absolute ��. You're all gonna love it. His best work yet.
Regina
Well it won't be hard to be his best yet.....

TMD_24Quavo
Video premieres on Thursday at 1pm on MTV UK & MTV Music.
lewistgreen
Scott Mills has first play of the song on Radio 1 tomorrow
TMD_24Quavo
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Sep 6 2017, 03:58 PM) *
Scott Mills has first play of the song on Radio 1 tomorrow

Oooh I hope he gives this the pop emergency treatment!
lewistgreen
On Radio 1 now!
lewistgreen
Josh!
A bit wail-y? Not keen on the really long note at 1:40 in the video above laugh.gif... The rest of the song is a bit dull, especially the verses.

Really disappointed actually as I loved the sound he had going with Still Got Time and Pillow Talk remains my favourite solo 1D song so far.
AdamAloud
I absolutely adore his voice which is just drowned out by Sia on the chorus, I don't think she is necessary on this? I do love the song though.

What a fantastic video though, easily his best yet. heart.gif
Love Zayn's parts. Solid on a first listen, hopefully it'll grow.
Dexton
I'm not at all sure what to think of this yet, is it from a movie or something? Sounds more like a soundtrack song than a single from his next album.
Ryan.
This is decent on first listen but it's easily going to be a massive hit! I've never really been a fan of ZAYN's solo stuff, only I Don't Wanna Live Forever but this is definitely one of his best.
Regina
Was wondering how they would sound together, but hearing them both with their terrible diciton, it makes sense now.
Song is really boring, Sia drowns him out whenever she sings which is good I guess.
HarryEzra
I quite like this on first listen, I mean I didnt like his first album stuff much but this and the Taylor collab (and still got time) have all been good.
J▲hq
The verses give me slight Labrinth/"Beneath Your Beautiful" sorta vibes and the chorus delivers exactly what I'd hope from a Zayn and Sia collab. Love Love Love.

Since the solo rate results don't appear to have started, maybe there's a chance to slip this in. I have a new nine or ten to dish out..
Calum
Adore this on first listen. The chorus is a moment! heart.gif
JosephAvery
OK this is actually pretty fab, quite possibly his best since PILLOWTALK!
Theonix
This is huge! Incredible chorus, that VOX from Zayn (who knew?!) and a stunning video to go with it - it really sells the song. Kudos to him!
Cameron
Is he purposely doing a James Arthur impression on this?
Cameron
The chorus is very Fire Meet Gasoline
Tawdry Hepburn
It's so incredibly average, it feels like it's been done a million times before.

Good video though.
Jay ☆
First listen and I can't say I'm particularly impressed by it, it kind of just plods along. I don't remember any lyrics, just the sound of their warbling. Maybe it'll require a few more listens. D:
Court
This song is so incredibly boring. Its very difficult to understand what either of them are saying on the verses and the chorus would be better if I didn't feel like I've heard it 100 times already. The verses paired with the chorus seem like Zayn wrote a song and then had Sia write a chorus and feature on the track so that it would stand a better chance of being a hit after Still Got Time underperformed.
dannjohn
This is literally a Sia leftover, isn't it? Like I like it but its nothing sonically new for her...
mdh
LOVE this - that chorus is incredible! wub.gif
Theonix
Zayn's on Scott's show today at 3:30pm. Really loving this now!
Liаm
THe chorus is good but it's the same old same old from Sia, I feel lije once you've heard the 1000 Forms Of Fear singles you've heard anything she's done since then with the exception of This Is Acting. That was writing for other artists so it actually felt different and exciting. Back to Zayn, Pillow Talk remains unbothered.

ElectroBoy
Really liking this.

Still Got Time grew on me massively; however this was very instant for me. Hopefully it does well
Theonix
#5 in the UK chart this week! biggrin.gif Higher next week pls x

He posted a version of the trailer for this film with "Dusk Till Dawn" as the soundtrack on his Insta recently:

UltraME!
The chorus is utterly incredible and fab but I'm finding the rest of the song paling significantly in comparison to the chorus so I hope the verses grow!
dannjohn
Him & Sia are perfect collab partners really. Maybe she can stand at the back of the stage singing whilst heís offstage.
jakee
it’s a song that shows zayn for his unremarkableness...sia totally swallows him up and makes it her own; he’s a dreadful solo artist, no presence, character...nothing.

sia needs to put out a proper solo album again...she continues to be a QoL ��
Jonjo
As generic as it is, this song is so good. But I agree with Jake in regards to Zayn himself. So bland and just... there.
JosephAvery
I think both Zayn and Sia really complement each other actually, one doesn't shine more than the other imo. Zayn sounds great, surprised people are so negative about his section but complimentary about Sia's when she's basically a backing vocalist kink.gif
Riser
This has finally hit me, it's SO beautiful 😭 It's a great vocal effort from Zayn, especially his falsetto at the end of the chorus. I could listen to that on a loop. Sia's barely even there lmao, I thought she'd at least get her own verse. But still an amazing collab, way better than his last two singles!
This did really well in the end didnít it?!
Jay ☆
Indeed! In most territories at least. It's not quite got going in the US, has it?

Maybe with time it'll become his second biggest hit in the UK? It's achieving a better chart run than I Don't Wanna Live Forever, but it has a way to go to selling as much as it.

Btw, this really grew on me in the end after being initially underwhelmed by it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.