Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ZAYN - Icarus Falls
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > One Direction and Solo
JosephAvery
Not much news on this yet beyond the two singles but Zayn confirmed on Radio 1 earlier that he's got a collaboration with Nicki Minaj on the album, think it's been rumoured for a while but good to know it's coming, intrigued by that!
AdamAloud
Really excited for this! Love both 'Still Got Time' and 'Dusk Till Dawn' and the Nicki Minaj collab sounds brilliant! ohmy.gif
Calum
Really excited for a Nicki collab, that should be amazing heart.gif I feel like this is going to be very different to Mind of Mine considering some of the comments he's made, but I've no doubts it will be just as good, or better.
Andrew.
Not too keen on what we've heard from this album so far but if the overall quality is the same as 'Mind Of Mine' (not using that weird ass title ;o) with a few gems then it should be fine. A Nicki collab sounds amazing heart.gif
Theonix
When are they going to announce this album? I was assuming it'd be released before Christmas but at this rate it'll be next year 😬 Pretty silly to delay again although "Dusk Till Dawn" doesn't feel that big even after four weeks and counting in the top 10.
Theonix
He responded to a fan on Instagram yesterday saying that the album is complete and he is working on the music videos.

About time!
Hayzayy
Can't wait to hear the material !
Sarahwill
I am so excited for this. I can never get enough of Zaynís songs. Sometimes when I hear some of his tracks for the first time, I get the feeling that they are not really good. Then, I listen to it again and they are excellent. This was the case for ďDusk Till DawnĒ.
Theonix
Also,

@zaynmalik . @iamcardib Yo Iíve gotta a sick tune if you wanna jump on it lemme know 🤘🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Dead *_*
JosephAvery
PLEASE
Theonix
Zayn has released a cover of "Allah Duhai Hai" for his fans:

It's already got more views on YouTube than "No Candle No Light"! A really inspired choice and I think I actually quite like it, although it doesn't sound much like him. It'll be interesting to see if this takes off at all.
Lukuzz
Is it going to be released anywhere?
JosephAvery
Album pre-order out at midnight, it's called Icarus Falls and is out 14th December. It has TWENTY SEVEN songs on it mellow.gif including every single since Let Me, and a new track called Rainberry will come out with the pre-order.

1 Let Me
16 Sour Diesel
19 Entertainer
23 Rainberry
25 No Candle No Light (feat. Nicki Minaj)
26 Fingers
27 Too Much (feat. Timbaland)

Everything else is TBA at the moment. Not sure if the artwork is a placeholder or not right now but time will tell.

Klimawechsel
So not including Dusk After Dawn or Still Got Time which would be the two tracks most people care about? Q4 release so close to Christmas with an album this long? They must be planning a flop...
Wall
messT.
Theonix
WHAT?!
Tawdry Hepburn
I think this album could potentially be the flop of the year.
Algernon Monqueef
Makes Cheryl's career crisis look like a career bump.
Juan Carlos
QUOTE(Klumpkin @ Nov 29 2018, 07:03 AM) *
So not including Dusk After Dawn or Still Got Time which would be the two tracks most people care about?
They are included in the Japanese edition of the album and judging by the tracklisting ("Dusk After Dawn" is track #14, while "Still Got Time" is track #29), I assume they are the last songs in a double-disc album if it's physically released, of course.
tommie
His first album did "meh" and his singles run since then have been splotchy at best and he thinks it's a good idea to release a 27 song album?

Will this even go top 40?
danG
Is the album title intentionally an analogy of his solo career then?
Calum
27 tracks? drama.gif laugh.gif

Excited to hear the new songs nonetheless and I wasn't expecting the album so soon, so let's see what happens I guess...
Conanderella
'Too Much' indeed

like wtf 27 tracks, it's not going to be good
dannjohn
instead of 27 random soundcloud demos, he could just do a nice 11 track album and promote it.
Rafael x
Rainberry

iTunes:
#2 United Arab Emirates
#8 Peru
#19 India
#30 Philippines
#46 Mexico
#52 Singapore
#68 Turkey
#70 Netherlands
Theonix
He's just released a second grat track, "Good Years"

Theonix
Looks like this is the official artwork:

He's also released a final grat track:

Scene
Not been a fan of a lot of Zayn's output since Pillowtalk/It's You but I'm quite loving There You Are on first listen. Overly sentimental but enjoying the melodrama of it all. laugh.gif Would like to see this do well. Has Zayn actually released a single?
Calum
Good Years and There You Are are both incredible. heart.gif Hopefully this is a good representation of everything else on the album that we haven't already heard.
Cqmerqn
According to Billboard, this is set to debut with 3,000 - 5,000 pure sales in the US.

Yikes..
Wall
Oh wow
Jack
'There You Are' is the best thing he's done in ages! Should've been the follow up to 'Dusk Till Dawn' really.
Rooney
Who handled this mess of a release strategy? Absolutely bonkers. He's massively marketable and totally agree 'There You Are' is an absolutely massive song, why the hell wasn't this pushed at some point!?
Stray Cody
It really is a chore to listen through, I just donít have the patience to listen to an hour and a half of an album. Note to Zaynís team: less is more.
tommie
QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 17 2018, 06:19 PM) *
It really is a chore to listen through, I just donít have the patience to listen to an hour and a half of an album. Note to Zaynís team: less is more.

It just seems like they decided to push out what he recorded and just call it a day. it's obvious his label doesn't care about it and after pushing out eight (!) tracks from it to try and get the project going you can't really blame them. I'd be surprised if he has a record contract by January 1st, 2019.
Calum
While I do love the album, you can definitely tell it's two albums (maybe even three) all hastily thrown together. Echoing the comments about There You Are - it's definitely one of the best songs of his career, and should have been in a campaign led by Dusk Till Dawn and following another single.

I'm not really sure any of the releases from throughout this year add much to the album at all, so those could be gone and it'd make no difference to the album. All of those (plus Dusk Till Dawn, Still Got Time and any other covers as potential bonus material should have been on an album of their own released earlier in the year).
tommie
I think he has writing credits on most, if not all, the tracks so they might have not been able to recycle these tracks for other artists.

Oh well. Enjoy it Zayn fans, I guess. *shrug*
Rossco
Itís in the 60s in the mids......awkward.
pippa
Misses the Top 75.
Number 77 debut, truly a very poor result.
Stray Cody
Icarus Flops
Jay ☆
There You Are is great! (Thanks Bal x). Still, I find 27 tracks so daunting... I'll try and get around to it laugh.gif
Spiceboy
Where did this debut in the US?
JosephAvery
#61 :')
HausofTove
This album is a REVELATION. Filled with so much goodness (and yes unfortunately a few filler tracks, which is a given considering the length).

Still, i'm going to make a ~18 track playlist from it because when it's good, it's AMAZING. I am so impressed, did not expect this from him.
dannjohn
there's absolutely no reason why this bombed... sure the GP didn't care, but where were the zayn / 1d fans? yet again proving their 'success' truly is something of a 'in the moment', like youtubers who can't sell a 2000 capacity venue yet get millions of views per video.
Rooney
QUOTE(dannjohn @ Dec 31 2018, 10:35 AM) *
there's absolutely no reason why this bombed... sure the GP didn't care, but where were the zayn / 1d fans? yet again proving their 'success' truly is something of a 'in the moment', like youtubers who can't sell a 2000 capacity venue yet get millions of views per video.

Isn't it just that times are different now? I'm not sure a lot of 1D's success would have been the same in the streaming era. But also all of their solo material is just not 1D. None of their solo material is anything like what 1D produced. Plus for Zayn, I suspect it's probably RCA just cutting their losses. Every article I've read recently with Zayn, he just basically slags off being famous and seems miserable. How can you market an artist when they don't want to do any promotion? It's next to impossible.

All of them have tried to distance themselves from what made them blow up worldwide in the first place, with the exception of maybe Liam. I did think I read an article with all the good writers who would constantly want to work with 1D, but as a solo artist they are a much harder sell.
Spiceboy
Solo artists is always a different concept to as a band. Also I think they will all have diminished success as they go on. Young fans grow up and move on, or get annoyed waiting for more solo material. They've done really well considering they've had #1 albums in the UK and USA and hits on both sides of the continent, but let's be real it was never going to last, unless you're Robbie or George Michael etc it never does...
WhoOdyssey
Videos have been released randomly in the last few days for Stand Still and Sour Diesel:

tommie
LOL, why?

I guess these could've been filmed before the album bombed though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.