BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Most hyped movie of November 2017?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
November 2017
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
J❄️hq
post Oct 31 2017, 12:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
mellow.gif If I could find the time, I have some interest in checking out ALL of these!

A Bad Moms Christmas: follow-up to the 2016 comedy with a Christmas twist and added Grandmothers (Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Christine Baranski)

Murder on the Orient Express: fourth adaptation of the famous Agatha Christie novel (Kenneth Branagh, Johnny Depp, Judi Dench + many, many others)

The Killing of a Sacred Deer: 'psychological horror-thriller' from the director of The Lobster (Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman)

Paddington 2: sequel to the 2014 hit, another adventure following the famous Paddington bear (Ben Whishaw, Sally Hawkins, Hugh Bonneville)

Only The Brave: true story about a group of heroic firefighters (Josh Brolin, Miles Teller, Jeff Bridges)

Thank You For Your Service: a group of soldiers try to integrate back into civilian life (Miles Teller, Haley Bennett, Amy Schumer...apparently, don't remember her being included in the trailer)

Professor Martson & The Wonder Woman: in the same month as Justice League is released, find out about the creation of Wonder Woman! (Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall)

The Florida Project: some drama about a kid that's really recommended by our Sam (Willem Dafoe)

Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool: no, Manchester By The Sea was not about our Manchester. Yes, this one is referring to our Liverpool. Based on the final years of actress Gloria Grahame and yes I do want a trend to emerge and for a 2019 Oscar contender to namecheck Bristol (Annette Bening, Jamie Bell)

Justice League: Thor not satisfying your superhero cravings? Well here's the next installment of the DC franchise, bringing together Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and more (Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Ezra Miller)

Ingrid Goes West: some social media inspired comedy-drama (Aubrey Plaza, Elizabeth Olsen)

Suburbicon: a home invasion shakes up a quaint 50s neighbourhood in this crime comedy written by the Coen brothers and directed by George Clooney (Matt Damon, Julianne Moore, Oscar Isaac)

Daddy's Home 2: because this month needs a sequel to a 2016, 2014 and now a 2015 movie too. And more grandparents! (Mark Wahlberg, Will Ferrell, Mel Gibson)

Battle of the Sexes: tennis movie about Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs (Emma Stone, Steve Carell)

Now breathe
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Oct 31 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
All shet except Christmas Moms, which should really br Mean Girls mom but Tina Fey!!! and Murder.

Ooh might check em both oot

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 31 2017, 01:30 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Murder On the Orient Express is my top pick.

Looking forward to all of these to a degree though! Especially Paddington 2 considering the amazing reviews and after I really enjoyed the first one a lot more than I thought I would.

Also, super excited for Battle of the Sexes, due to the cast mainly!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 31 2017, 01:35 AM
Post #4
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Damn, Miles Teller is everywhere now! Like the Anna Kendrick of the Divergent trilogy!

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Oct 31 2017, 07:58 AM
Post #5
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
Really hyped to see loads of these (‘Murder on the Orient Express’, ‘Paddington 2’, ‘Suburbicon’, ‘A Bad Moms Christmas’) but it’s all about ‘The Killing of a Sacred Deer’ for me. ‘The Lobster’ is my favourite film from the last few years so I can’t wait to see this.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 31 2017, 09:04 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Compared to October which had lots of releases I wanna see (and still haven't) I'm now only excited about 4 releases..

4. Suburbicon
Apparently underwhelming but it looks interesting nonetheless. Could be good,

3. Thank You For Your Service
Saw the trailer at the cinema the other day and this looks like it could be really good. Miles looks different from what we've been used to see him like (in a good way), could be his breakthrough. Not excited about his other entry though. Is Amy Schumer really in this? Not sure how I feel about that lol.

2. A Bad Moms Christmas
The original Bad Moms was a surprise hit. This could be great but it could also be really bad. Hoping for the first.

1. Justice League
Honestly I'm not in love with this whole DC universe thing but since it's filmed partly in Iceland AND my sister is in this I'm very very excited to see it.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Nov 2 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Murder On The Orient Express, Wonder and Justice League have caught my eye

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Nov 2 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
I like the look of The Killing Of A Sacred Deer.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 3 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I've voted Paddington 2 because the first one was a complete surprise and I absolutely adored the British-ness of it. The trailers look just as cosy and charming as the first instalment so I have high hopes for it.

I really want to see loads of these this month though so I'm going to have a tough time fitting everything in. Next on my most hyped list would have to be Orient Express, Sacred Deer and Daddy's Home 2! EDIT: Oh and Justice League, of course!! Mainly for more Wonder Woman though *.*

I've seen The Florida Project already and I'd really urge you to go and see it. Sam was not being hyperbolic at all with her rave review!! heehee.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Nov 3 2017, 11:01 AM
Post #10
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Justice League been hyped up for this since the beginning of the year.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Nov 3 2017, 02:31 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
When is Pitch oot?

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 3 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 3 2017, 02:31 PM) *
When is Pitch oot?

22nd December in the UK! Not sure how it'll do up against Star Wars but I guess it could be good counter-programming for those not interested in those movies?! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 3 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(Josh! @ Nov 3 2017, 04:36 PM) *
22nd December in the UK! Not sure how it'll do up against Star Wars but I guess it could be good counter-programming for those not interested in those movies?! ohmy.gif

Hopefully! I've not talked it over with them yet but I've already made plans in my head to see it with my parents on Christmas Eve

I was mulling this over for ages as there's so much choice but in the end this morning I voted for Paddington 2. Taking the sequels released this month, I enjoyed the first Paddington more than Bad Moms and Daddy's Home, so I voted based on that, although A Bad Moms Christmas had my favourite trailer out of them.

Those three, Orient Express, The Florida Project, Sacred Deer, Battle of the Sexes and Justice League are all absolute essentials for me. I can see myself passing on Professor Martson, but I do have nine days in a row off work later this month so I'll be trying to fit in as much as possible heehee.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 4 2017, 02:00 AM
Post #14
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Won't see in cinemas, not that hyped for:
14) The Florida Project - on the basis I've already seen it so its hard to be hyped for something I've seen already! SO SO good though, highly recommend <3 <3
13) The Killing of a Sacred Deer - The kind of film I'm not interested enough to go out to see in cinemas and will just watch when it comes to streaming services
12) Only The Brave - see Sacred Deer
11) Professor Marston & The Wonder Woman - see Sacred Deer

Quite hyped for:
10) Suburbicon - It looks messy/crap af but I might see it in cinemas so I just put it in this category
09) Daddy's Home 2 - I loved the first one but I think this will underwhelm
08) Thank You For Your Service - Not convinced I'll get a chance to see this in cinemas but I love the cast
07) Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool - Looks quite good & has a fab cast *.*
06) Ingrid Goes West - This looks incredible but no one ik wants to see this sad.gif

Definitely seeing:
05) Justice League - Hopefully this is good!
04) Murder on the Orient Express - Let's pretend this list was made before I actually saw the film
03) Paddington 2 - The first was family fun and this looks to be more of the same
02) A Bad Moms Christmas - Adored the first one and I love the trailers + the new cast additions
01) Battle of the Sexes - Cast + Trailer + Story = win win situation. SO HYPED. <3

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:35 PM