BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Freedom 90' vs. 'Express Yourself'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
'Freedom 90' vs. 'Express Yourself'
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Liam.k.
post Nov 2 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

The long-awaited re-release of George Michael's Listen Without Prejudice has reached #1 in the UK. To celebrate, we put arguably the most remembered and loved song from the album against a similar Madonna classic.

George Michael and Madonna are two of the most influential artists in the music industry. Both are treasured for their catchy, joyous pop anthems, for recognising and appreciating the importance of escapism in music and for using their work as a means to present important messages. 'Freedom '90' is possibly the most well-known from Listen Without Prejudice. It refers to relieving himself of the superficial elements of his 80s success, stating his intention to no longer play by the rules and just make music that makes him and his fans happy. 'Express Yourself' is similarly a call for freedom. It urges women to reject stereotypical roles and not to be caught up in materialism; instead they should embrace who they are, following their dreams and ambitions and making themselves feel good.

Both are joyful, empowering songs that represent the best of George and Madonna's music, but which is your pride and joy and which is second best? ;o

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 4 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
Express Yourself for me but I am a fan of Freedom too obviously!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 4 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
This is actually quite hard. Maybe it's because I've been listening to Listen Without Prejudice a lot this past couple of weeks (WHAT an album! wub.gif) but I'm leaning towards 'Freedom'. I love the way it progresses and gets more joyful; it stops the 6 minute time length dragging and makes every moment worth it. I think I'll hold off voting for now because 'Express Yourself' is such a belter too.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Nov 5 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Went for 'Freedom' in the end!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:19 AM