BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #2, been a liar, been a thief
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jan 15 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
After a slight delay due to me being hospitalized (long story) here's the chart for the second week of Jan. 2018. Eminem and Ed ascend to #1 gaining a first and second chart topper respectively for me, although Em has been close a few times before with tracks like Beautiful Pain, Rap God, and Kings Never Die. Last week's leader from Inna drops to #2, while Femme En Fourrure's Ride surges to #3 along with Lily Allen and Lana close behind. Em's lyrics are at his best for a few years on River, it's one I really can't get enough of right now.

Highest new entry this week goes to Grey featuring Skott with the acoustic version of their track Crime. It's Grey's first top 10 and Skott's second, since her debut in a BJSC last year where I first discovered her thanks to Hushkanukia. There's a large number of new entries this week as we move into 2018 and lose some of 2017's holdovers, debuts this week come from Demi Lovato, Chris Lane and Tori Kelly, Foster the People, the XX, Charli XCX and David Guetta, GoldLink, A$AP Ferg and Nicki Minaj and a bunch more. New entries will be linked a bit later on in the week to save you hunting for them, so check back to see those, and feel free to peek at my (linked) weekly playlists in the meantime.

And with all that out of the way, here's this week's top 40 list:

01 Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran - River [14-1]
02 Inna - Nirvana [36-4-1-2]
03 Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari - Ride [34-3]
04 Lily Allen ft. Giggs - Trigger Bang [16-5-5-4]
05 Lana Del Rey - Change [12-5]
06 Grey ft. Skott - Crime (Acoustic) [N]
07 Inna - My Dreams [10-6-4-7]
08 Preatures - Something New [5-4-4-1-7-8]
09 Kimbra - Everybody Knows [27-9]
10 Kim Lee ft. Lil Debbie - Boss Bitch [20-8-6-10]
11 WDL ft. Pauline Kamusewu - Redline [15-10-17-11]
12 Chris Lane ft. Tori Kelly - Take Back Home Girl [N]
13 Tom Redwood - I've Fallen For You (Remix) [28-13]
14 Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me [N]
15 The XX - Say Something Loving [re]
16 Foster the People - Static Space Lover [N]
17 Little Big Town - The Breaker [17-15-17]
18 Martin Garrix ft. Jamie Scott + Romy Dya - So Far Away [10-1-2-2-18]
19 Fergie - Save it Til Morning [34-1-2-3-3-19]
20 GoldLink ft. Shy Glizzy + Brent Faiyaz - Crew [N]
21 A$AP Ferg ft. Nicki Minaj - Plain Jane Remix [N]
22 Pat Benatar - Dancing Through the Wreckage [20-22]
23 RKCB ft. Nate Fox - Reasons [N]
24 Starley - Been Meaning to Tell You [11-24]
25 Left. - Thank Me Later [29-25]
26 Charli XCX ft. M0 - Porsche [28-24-26]
27 Reign - The Last Time [N]
28 DRAM ft. Cardi B - Cute Remix [N]
29 Peking Duk ft. Icona Pop - Let You Down [N]
30 Little Dragon ft. Faith Evans - Peace of Mind [N]
31 David Guetta ft. Afrojack, French Montana + Charli XCX - Dirty Sexy Money [re]
32 Paramore - Forgiveness [N]
33 LeToya ft. Ludacris - Grey [26-33]
34 Wolfie ft. Renz - Maintain [N]
35 Alt-J - Hares on the Mountain [N]
36 Kiri T - Roll Deep in the Feels [N]
37 MGMT - When You Die [39-37-37]
38 The Maine - Winter Means Nothing (Without You) [N]
39 U2 - Get Out of Your Own Way [39-39]
40 Migos ft. Nicki Minaj + Cardi B - MotorSport [36-25-18-X1-33-40]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Jan 15 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hello Jupiter!
I feel sorry that you were hospitalized. Hope you are feeling better!
Nice to see Eminem with Ed Sheeran at #1 and Lana Del Rey in the Top 10!
Also great debuts for Demi Lovato and Paramore!
Great chart overall!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jan 18 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Eighteen new entries and re-entries this week, nearly half the entire chart, means I'll be splitting the video links in two this week, so look out for the second batch a bit later in the week. From going a few days basically without music at all last week due to being hospitalized, being housebound this week has seen me going through a whole lot more than usual, reflected in the big clearout of the old and in with the new, and will probably be similar next week too. A bunch of new entries this week are older songs that have only just resonated with me or feel 'right' for the time and year more so than when they first came out, that's the case for Tell Me You Love Me, Let You Down, Dirty Sexy Money and Say Something Loving, the latter two of which find themselves re-peaking this week from their 2017 peaks.

Hares on the Mountain gives Alt-J a fourth charter from their most recent era, although like its compatriots it only manages a low 30s entry and may not peak much higher, a far cry from Alt-J's fortunes with their second album on my charts. Foster the People's Static Space Lover follows a similar model; the indie band's third album is unfortunately a little underwhelming compared to their sophomore release Supermodel, delivering no top tens as yet compared to the three that era managed for me.

Paramore's Forgiveness was a standout for me from the off, retaining some shades of their old sound. It gives the band a fourth charter around the 30s mark from After Laughter, and a fifth charter overall when adding in top ten Grudges. Little Dragon's Peace of Mind lands at a similar spot, unfortunately their latest releases are much less instant than previous album Nabuma Rubberband which featured a stadium indie party sound, switching to a jazzy lounge sound on this one but striding more decisively into far alternative throughout most recent album Season High.

while RKCB and Wolfie are acts with decent previous success on my charts, and here land with their latest successes just outside and just inside the top 20 respectively. I'm tentatively hoping for more - maybe even some more mainstream - success for both in 2018, this feels like it will be a year where we will be seeing some soundshifts and the rise of some different genres and styles, that I would hope some of my indie faves could capitalise on.

And that's that for this section for now. Those who have commented already, thanks, I really appreciate that people like reading what I have to say! For those considering commenting, please do smile.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jan 18 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #4
Group icon
QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Jan 15 2018, 12:31 PM) *
Hello Jupiter!
I feel sorry that you were hospitalized. Hope you are feeling better!
Nice to see Eminem with Ed Sheeran at #1 and Lana Del Rey in the Top 10!
Also great debuts for Demi Lovato and Paramore!
Great chart overall!

Thanks for commenting this was nice to read smile.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:51 AM