BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Worst soap producers ever?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Aug 9 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Three big soaps and Casualty/Holby are changing producers (although it feels like a reshuffle when most of them are already working on soaps kink.gif) so it’s a pretty turbulent time for them. But what have been the worst producers of all time? ohmy.gif

Stuart Blackburn for sure, he was actually worse at Emmerdale though his Corrie work got the most attention, ED turned into such a dreary show under him. Thank GOD Kate Oates came in after him although her last year was kinda rubbish oops

Bryan Kirkwood too but I’ve got used to HO being like it is and at least it’s the best it’s been in ages atm. Worried he might never leave though :’( Iain MacLeod started out well but there were signs of what to come when the Ashley storyline and maybe the Whites were the only thing holding up the show and those cringeworthy comedy scenes came in (ew) but since Ashley died and ESPECIALLY since Emma died it’s been awful plot driven nonsense apart from Lachlan. I can already see his influence on Corrie, it has seemed weird this week and Sally’s dressing up as a clown next week :’)

I don’t watch EE but from what I’ve seen SOC/John Yorke’s work has been awful as I’m sure y’all will fill me in laugh.gif x
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Aug 9 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Omg look no further than Susan Bower at Neighbours. The show almost died under her rule.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Aug 9 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(Tonya @ Aug 9 2018, 01:46 PM) *
Omg look no further than Susan Bower at Neighbours. The show almost died under her rule.

Omg!! Any producer that brings us Didge f***ing Parker has to be a contender. And Sunny Lee.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Aug 9 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(Andrew. @ Aug 9 2018, 01:51 PM) *
Omg!! Any producer that brings us Didge f***ing Parker has to be a contender. And Sunny Lee.

Where to even start with her? Too focussed on teen storylines (particularly the awful Didge) to the point adults only got screen time if their teen did. Coming up with storylines that actually managed to make me actively dislike the Kennedys. Episodes only having 6 characters in them where they just talk about pie.

The woman was atrocious. Things were happening but it was almost all shit. The only good thing she did was develop Elle and bring Lyn Scully back (who ended up leaving anyway)

+Quote this post
pippa
post Aug 9 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Sean O'Connor was horrific during his time on EastEnders.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Aug 9 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Sean O'Connor and Stuart Blackburn.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Aug 9 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
QUOTE(Jαsє @ Aug 9 2018, 09:20 PM) *
Sean O'Connor and Stuart Blackburn.

I'd agree. Sean O'Connor speaks for himself, he's totally ruined EastEnders and sent it down a shitty path that's gonna need a huge kick up the arse to recover from. Killing Ronnie and Roxy off was the worst thing though. That's irreparable damage to two legacy characters whose actors were committed to the show still. Stupid decision!

Stuart Blackburn seemed to do everything he could to make Corrie as dull as possible. The storylines weren't gripping and the new characters he introduced weren't likeable enough. Kate Oates has done an incredible job of taking those characters and giving them life (and on Emmerdale too, although I don't recall having any particular negative feelings about Stuart Blackburn on that). I'm hoping she can do the same at EastEnders.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Aug 9 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
Lorraine Newman for EastEnders! Bringing Ava and Dexter (hu?) and sacking off Syed, Christian, Ben (initially), Derek blink.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Aug 28 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Sean O'Connor for me.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Aug 28 2018, 12:38 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Hollyoaks had a fair few; especially after the first Brian Kirkwood stint. Emma Smithwick in particular for introducing those sixth formers and Maddie the 40 year old looking teenager.

Kirkwood on EastEnders was awful... especially killing off Pat.

Who was producer during the awful Fererrai kidney storyline that took centre stage? that was dire!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Aug 28 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Aug 28 2018, 01:38 PM) *
Hollyoaks had a fair few; especially after the first Brian Kirkwood stint. Emma Smithwick in particular for introducing those sixth formers and Maddie the 40 year old looking teenager.

Kirkwood on EastEnders was awful... especially killing off Pat.

Who was producer during the awful Fererrai kidney storyline that took centre stage? that was dire!

I think that was Louise Berridge, that was awful. There were six of them weren't they?

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Aug 28 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
The Ferreira family just didn't work at all for Louise but she did bring us Stacey, Jane and Chrissie Watts as well as some iconic remembered storylines like Janine's departure (initially), Den's return, Kat and Alfie getting together

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:46 AM