BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> A record is broken in the Swiss singles chart
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bobiloko
post Aug 10 2018, 09:17 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,532
I remember back in 2002 when "Whenever, Wherever" by Shakira spent 17 weeks at number 1 in the Swiss singles chart, thus breaking the record for most weeks at the top. Then in 2014 "Prayer In C" by Lilly Wood and The Prick equalled the record, also spending 17 weeks at the top.
The big developments started in 2017. First the record was broken by "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, which spent 20 weeks at number 1. Later the record was equalled - "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran also spent 20 weeks at the top.
In March 2018 "Perfect" was replaced at the top by "079" by the Swiss duet Lo & Leduc. "079" has been at number 1 ever since. This week it broke the record, now spending 21 weeks at number 1 in the Swiss singles chart!
Up until this week, the song didn't even have an official video. Here it is, finally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Xv7MKigYo

This is Lo & Leduc's first chart-topper. I have listened to some other songs of theirs and I'm not sure what makes "079" somehow more remarkable...
Is there anyone (probably someone from Switzerland) who knows what is so special about "079" that it has achieved this impressive record?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
bobiloko
post Aug 17 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,532
Well, immediately after breaking the record, "079" by Lo & Leduc is replaced at the top...
21 weeks at number 1 in the Swiss singles chart!
...And isn't this number perfect?! When "079" first reached the top back in March, it climbed exactly from number 21!!!
But it gets even more impressive. Since the Swiss singles chart is a Top 100...

100-21=079!!!!!!

This must be something more than a coincidence...
Hopefully someday someone who knows why "079" had this achievement will read this and explain everything... Otherwise I'll never find out...

+Quote this post
Riser
post Aug 18 2018, 02:34 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
That's amazing, I would also like to know more! I'm not even sure what their singles chart consists of, if it's sales + streaming or something else.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:47 AM