BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Uhsting's Top 50: Week 40 (7/10/18-13/10/18), Non-mainstream songs all-around, including new releases!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 9th October 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Uhsting's Top 50 Songs

Uhsting's Top 50

Crownnote: http://crownnote.com/charts/uhsting/uhstings-chart-top-50-songs-14

Top 10:
no1.jpg arrow left.gif [1] Villagers - Again (1-1) (WOC: 2)
#2 arrow up.gif [4] ZiBBZ - Undun (4-2) (WOC: 2)
#3 arrow up.gif [25] CLOVES - One Big Nothing (25-3) (WOC: 2)
#4 arrow down.gif [2] LOVE SICK - Fever (2-4) (WOC: 2)
#5 arrow up.gif [6] Amy Macdonald - Woman of the World (6-5) (WOC: 2)
#6 arrow up.gif [9] Call Me Loop - Cut and Run (9-6) (WOC: 2)
#7 arrow down.gif [3] Max Giesinger - Legenden (3-7) (WOC: 2)
#8 arrow up.gif [13] Lauren Daigle - This Girl (13-8) (WOC: 2)
#9 arrow down.gif [5] Arlissa - We Won't Move (5-9) (WOC: 2)
#10 arrow up.gif [24] Kovic - Give It All (24-10) (WOC: 2)
#11 arrow down.gif [8] Noah Kahan - False Confidence (8-11) (WOC: 2)
#12 arrow down.gif [11] Nick Jonas, Robin Schulz - Right Now (11-12) (WOC: 2)
#13 arrow up.gif [15] Bruno Major - Places We Won't Walk (15-13) (WOC: 2)
#14 arrow down.gif [12] Katelyn Tarver - Never Fade (12-14) (WOC: 2)
#15 arrow down.gif [7] Alice Merton - Why So Serious (7-15) (WOC: 2)
#16 arrow up.gif [22] Tom Odell ft. Alice Merton - Half As Good As You (22-16) (WOC: 2)
#17 arrow up.gif [21] KRANE ft. CXLOE, Khamsin - Feel It (Vincent Remix) (21-17) (WOC: 2)
#18 arrow down.gif [10] Walk Off The Earth - Fifth Avenue (10-18) (WOC: 2)
#19 arrow up.gif [26] CYN - Alright (26-19) (WOC: 2)
#20 ne.gif [NE] WILD - Just Begun (20) (DEBUT)
#21 arrow up.gif [30] for KING & COUNTRY - burn the ships (30-21) (WOC: 2)
#22 arrow down.gif [19] Anjos - Eternos (19-22) (WOC: 2)
#23 arrow up.gif [27] AURORA - Queendom (27-23) (WOC: 2)
#24 arrow up.gif [29] Louis Berry - Stumbling (29-24) (WOC: 2)
#25 arrow down.gif [17] Lucas & Steve - Where Have You Gone (Anywhere) (17-25) (WOC: 2)
#26 arrow up.gif [37] Kylie Minogue - A Lifetime to Repair (37-26) (WOC: 2)
#27 arrow up.gif [31] Valerio Scanu - Ed io (31-27) (WOC: 2)
#28 arrow left.gif [28] Elisa - Se Piovesse Il Tuo Nome (28-28) (WOC: 2)
#29 ne.gif [NE] KSHMR ft. Jake Reese - Carry Me Home (29) (DEBUT)
#30 arrow up.gif [41] Andrea Bocelli, Matteo Bocelli - Fall On Me (41-30) (WOC: 2)
#31 arrow up.gif [32] Pusher, Caroline Kole - BTDT (32-31) (WOC: 2)
#32 arrow up.gif [33] Aisha Badru - Splintered (33-32) (WOC: 2)
#33 ne.gif [NE] Conrad Sewell - Changing (33) (WOC: 2)
#34 ne.gif [NE] MARUV, Boosin - Drunk Groove (34) (WOC: 2)
#35 arrow up.gif [42] Ina Wroldsen ft. Alok - Favela (42-35) (WOC: 2)
#36 arrow down.gif [34] The Struts ft. Kesha - Body Talks (34-36) (WOC: 2)
#37 arrow up.gif [46] Lights & Motion - We Are Infinite (46-37) (WOC: 2)
#38 arrow up.gif [44] Rhys ft. Felix Sandman - Starfish (44-38) (WOC: 2)
#39 arrow down.gif [35] Mřrland - Leo (35-39) (WOC: 2)
#40 arrow up.gif [45] Rick Astley - Try (45-40) (WOC: 2)
#41 arrow down.gif [38] Franck Barré - Eternity (38-41) (WOC: 2)
#42 ne.gif [NE] Ólafur Arnalds - re:member (42) (DEBUT)
#43 ne.gif [NE] Tom Odell - You're Gonna Break My Heart Tonight (43) (DEBUT)
#44 arrow down.gif [43] Barbra Streisand - Don't Lie to Me (43-44) (WOC: 2)
#45 arrow up.gif [47] K-391 ft. Alan Walker, Julia Bergan, SEUNGRI - Ignite (47-45) (WOC: 2)
#46 arrow up.gif [49] Michael Schulte - Never Let You Down (49-46) (WOC: 2)
#47 arrow up.gif [48] Alex Aiono - Big Mistake (48-47) (WOC: 2)
#48 ne.gif [NE] Lanberry - Heart of Gasoline (48) (DEBUT)
#49 arrow up.gif [50] Panic! at the Disco - High Hopes (50-49) (WOC: 2)
#50 ne.gif [NE] Eberson - Something New (50) (DEBUT)

Best New Releases from New Music Friday

Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/1282835616/playlist/6T88uH9FAOyhFrvBH2UEHw?si=MuO_q7rDRa2gkJcW8JOAJQ

Personal thoughts:
Starting off is Jack in Water's "Ophelia", this song features only acoustic guitar and classic piano creating a melancholic vibe also hinted by the use of minor tonality. According to the artist, this song is based on the painting of the same title by Millais and then exploring the idea of pleasing people. It contains a deep message and I like the atmosphere this song creates. Up next is "I Need a Win" by The Blizzards V and Tebi Rex. This song quite suits my present situation right now as I am binge-playing computer games at the moment and what keeps me playing is that I keep losing. In the end, I am desperate in need of a win and this song, though sounding quite "fast-foodish", resonates. After that we have Tom Odell with "You're Gonna Break My Heart Tonight". I would say it is a typical song by Tom Odell - a grand piano as the main instrument of the song, backed by a "choir" in the chorus, bringing the epicness to his songs (similar to the arrangement of "Somehow", another Tom Odell's song). I quite like the voice of Tom Odell and the depressing atmosphere the song creates but at the same time relaxing to an extent. And then we have LACES with "someday is not tonight". It is a carefree song, emphasized in the chorus as you get almost no main melody in the vocal part at all. What I quite like is the instrumentation and the arrangement there. It is soothing but catchy, creating an atmosphere which suits what the artist is trying to convey in this song: "a celebration of vulnerability; a full and uninhibited unraveling of the self."

It will then be followed by a satricial fast-food pop song "Profil" by De Vet Du (if you still remember them in Melodifestivalen with their iconic taxi, you are in luck). I admit I mainly love the arrangement and melody of this song rather than the message behind. I don't know anything about Swedish so if anyone knows what it is talking about, please do tell me, but from the looks of the music video, it is being sarcastic about the norm of narcissistic behavior among people. "Starting Over" by Niykee Heaton is next, where the singer hasn't released a song for quite a while. In her new upcoming EP, she talks about her relationship drama and her recent life. In particular this song is about her inner struggle on whether she should make up with her ex-lover, though a toxic one. Not a lot of instrumentation going on but I like her voice in this song. The Icelandic Axel Flovent will provide you with "Slow & Steady", well as what the name suggests is a slow-tempo song (I just wrote gibberish, yay!). No I mean seriously, the mood and the tempo exactly bring up the theme: his slow healing process of fear and anxiety. I like the sound of this song which showcases a struggling style.

Eberson will be next with "Something New". This Norwegian artist is trying "something new" with the style and structure of a normal short-length song. Usually you would hear ABABCB form in most music but you might find it difficult to identify the verses and choruses in this song, which is unique, together with the way the piano is played - repeated two notes throughout the music (though pitch changes with time) and a long pedal note creating mystical ambience. Up next is Wingtip's uplifting "Take Me With You". What I love most in this song is the iconic trumpet in the instrumental break (or the "drop"). Together with great melody and the soothing sound, this song is refreshing and different. You all know Lady Gaga is starred in a new popular film "A Star is Born" and I picked "I'll Never Love Again" to feature in this week's New Music Friday. This song really showcases the fabulously powerful voice of Lady Gaga without much artificial elements in it (though I admit autotune is kinda strong in this one). To wrap it up is Lanberry's "Heart Of Gasoline", The Cashmans's "City of God" and WILD's "Just Begun". I'm pretty impressed with WILD's new song, particularly they made some subtle change to their usual style: more syncopated rhythms and a groovy instrumental break. Their recent songs have been almost the same style - homophonic voice parts, regular drum beats and short enough guitar-strumming duration to resonate the whole song to create an atmosphere - and it kinda gets boring at some point. I'm glad they took a subtle change to their usual style and it works well.

Please give me your opinions about the chart and you are welcome to suggest songs and vote for your top 10 so I could include them in the next video!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 10th October 2018, 05:38 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sven10
post 11th October 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,108

Hallo Uhsting,

Welcome on personal charts welcome.gif !!

You have a lot of unknown tracks for The Netherlands in your International chart!
But i like most of them biggrin.gif .
Love the 15 minute chart clip!

Great to see Barbra Streisand in the chart. Hope she will climb next week.
Other favourites; Nick Jonas, Lucas & Steve, Kylie Minogue, Andre Bocello, Rick Astley and Alex Aiono.
Best new entries: KSHMR & Jake Reese, Conrad Sewell and Tom Odell.

Hope to see you every week on personal charts!?!?

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 11th October 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hello Uhsting!
I really like "Legenden" in the top 10 and the debut for "Drunk Groove"!
Also how can I suggest songs or vote for my top 10?
Great chart!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 11th October 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Oct 11 2018, 08:59 PM) *
Hello Uhsting!
I really like "Legenden" in the top 10 and the debut for "Drunk Groove"!
Also how can I suggest songs or vote for my top 10?
Great chart!

You could vote here or in the YouTube video smile.gif

This post has been edited by uhsting: 11th October 2018, 11:15 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:33 AM