BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The girls on Attitude, Covers and interview
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post Nov 8 2018, 10:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

The girls all look FIERCE *.* (and the boys don't look too bad either kink.gif )

'It's really important to us' - Little Mix on their promise to be LGBT Pop Allies

Jesy, Jade, Leigh-Anne and Perrie talk sexual acceptance in our new December issue.

In 2018, pop stars saying they love their gay fans is no rare thing - and rightly so.

But a global pop band with a young fanbase consistently incorporating LGBT themes in their work and using their platform to promote love, acceptance and gay equality? Well, that's still sadly less common.

Since forming on The X Factor in 2011, Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock have used their platform as pop superstars to champion LGBT+ equality at every turn.

From delivering a bona fide LGBT+ anthem in 2015's 'Secret Love Song' - which they later dedicated to the victims or the Orlando Pulse massacre during their world tour - to shutting down homophobic bigotry on social media, Little Mix have never shied away supporting for their LGBT+ fans on their journey to becoming the world's biggest girlband.

As they pose for an exclusive shoot and interview in the December issue of Attitude - available to download and to order globally - they open up about their commitment to the cause, which saw them named the winners of the Honourary Gay Award at the Attitude Awards last month.

"We're absolutely GAGGED! " Jade says of the girls' first cover shoot for an LGBT+ publication.

"We’ve wanted to be on the cover, or at least part of Attitude for years. It’s a dream come true."

Bandmate Jesy adds: "We had a field day."

Jade, who serves as an ambassador for LGBT+ rights charity Stonewall, goes on:"To be recognised as LGBT+ allies, that’s amazing. Obviously, we have a massive gay fan base and so to be given that award is just… [smiles].

"The majority of our friends, especially in London, are LGBT+. I didn’t want to be that person who was like, ‘I love going to gay bars and I have a gay friend.’ I actually wanted to back that up as an ally.

"I wanted to educate myself and learn how to combat homophobia, or know what to say when our LGBT+ fans message or send tweets: 'I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to come out to my parents.'

"All these things. It was about learning what to say to be able to help them.

"We have so many LGBT+ fans. If we’re going to benefit from them as a fan base, the least we can do is give them something back.

"It’s really important to us."

Hopefully someone can be so kind as to upload the full article? teresa.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post Nov 8 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I LOVE these. The group/Perrie ones are my favourites. Obsessed with Leigh Anne's jacket, too.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 8 2018, 11:06 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I really love them for the fact they're so committed as LGBT allies. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Nov 8 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608
Perrie's cover. *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post Nov 8 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Really striking covers from all of them *.* haven’t seen the full article but the snippet in the OP is already heartwarming heart.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 8 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
The covers are SOOOO good. Love that there's 4 covers too!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:00 AM