Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How populist are you?
BuzzJack Music Forum > General Discussion > News and Politics
Brett-Butler
The Guardian have got this quiz on their website that compared how populist you are, and compares which populist, either on the left or right, that you are most similar to. I present it to you with the usual caveats about this sort of quizzes, that slightly differing responses could yield largely differing results, and don't decide your political persuasion from a ruddy quiz, it's just a bit of fun.

According to the quiz, I am just very slightly on the non-populist right, and I am most similar to Emanuel Macron. And now I want to burn this survey with fire.

Least similar to Bernie Sanders, which I can somewhat understand.
December Dong
You're most similar to:
Bernie Sanders
US senator
Bernie Sanders is a leftwing independent senator for Vermont. He caucuses with the Democrats and in 2016 sought the Democratic nomination for the presidential election. He has a vociferous grassroots following.

You're least similar to:
Donald Trump
US president
Donald Trump is the president of the US. He has repeatedly failed to condemn radical rightwing activists, and for a time employed Steve Bannon on his presidential team.

Oh.
Suedehead2
Most similar to Bernie Sanders. Least similar to the orange thing.
Chez WreathBow
Another least similar to Trump, if that's not validation then nothing is.

I'm fairly safely within Populist left and most similar to AMLO, the new Mexican president, yassss go stop that wall.
5 Silas Frřkner
I obviously am on the left side of things, in the populist box. Closest to Pablo Iglesias and furthest from the tangoed f***trumpet.
ChristmaSteve201
Same as Silas for me!
vidsanta
Most similsr : Evo Morales
Least similar : Pablo Iglesias
Doctor Blind
You're most similar to:
Barack Obama
Former US president

Non-populist slightly left of centre.

Thankfully I'm...
You're least similar to:
Donald Trump
US president
Qween
Most similar to: Emanuel Macron
Less similar to: Trump

Fairly deep into the left wing non populist box
Atonement
You're most similar to:
AMLO
Mexican president
Andrés Manuel López Obrador was elected earlier this year on pledges to fight corruption, moderate the 'war' on drugs, and champion 'the forgotten people'.

You're least similar to:
Donald Trump
US president
Donald Trump is the president of the US. He has repeatedly failed to condemn radical rightwing activists, and for a time employed Steve Bannon on his presidential team.

I don't even know the one I'm most similar to laugh.gif.
My score is on the left-wing side which I didn't expect.
Dextmas Lights
You're most similar to:
Barack Obama
Former US president
Barack Obama was the first person of colour to serve as president of the US, over two terms between 2008 and 2016. Although mostly moderate in rhetoric, he pushed hard for healthcare for poorer Americans.

You're least similar to:
Donald Trump
US president

smile.gif
December Dong
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 22 2018, 06:35 AM) *

Oh dear
December Dong
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 22 2018, 06:35 AM) *

Oh dear
Pogueschartpeak
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Nov 22 2018, 07:19 AM) *
You're most similar to:
Barack Obama
Former US president

Non-populist slightly left of centre.

Thankfully I'm...
You're least similar to:
Donald Trump
US president

Same here. Given I think Obama is one of the greatest national leaders of my lifetime I'd say that was surprisingly accurate!
vidsanta
QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 22 2018, 11:32 AM) *
Oh dear

What - it's not like it came up with Donald Trump! huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.