Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name one thing politicians do that annoy you most...
BuzzJack Music Forum > General Discussion > News and Politics
vidsanta
1. They tell us how to behave, while ignoring moral standards themselves.

any more?
Pogueschartpeak
Some of them self-serve and lie while pretending to be acting "for the people".
XmasIslandSnake
Refuse to answer a reporter's question and instead comment on something to do with the topic that doesn't answer the question.
Doctor Blind
Start a sentence with the phrase ‘Let me be clear’ and then be anything but.
Houdini
"Brexit means Brexit"
vidsanta
QUOTE(The Snake @ Jan 20 2019, 08:16 PM) *
Refuse to answer a reporter's question and instead comment on something to do with the topic that doesn't answer the question.

That's a good one.
Crazy Chris-tmas
Never giving a simple straight answer to a simple straight question.
CaptainMackxmas
Giving false promise.
Flatcap
When watching Parliament, they always seem to be making noises when a speaker is speaking. Especially when the chamber is packed and during Prime Minister’s Questions. I suspect it is not only the public that has to resort to Hansard’s!
vidsanta
I have another one - they'd rather turn a blind eye to abuse (Rochdale, Rotherham etc.), than risk being called 'racist'. puke.gif
Pogueschartpeak
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 14 2019, 02:49 PM) *
I have another one - they'd rather turn a blind eye to abuse (Rochdale, Rotherham etc.), than risk being called 'racist'. puke.gif

hmmm more the police than politicians. It's not unique to politicians either - turning a blind eye to any sort of abuse is human nature to a very large extent: gas chambers, Saville, phone hacking, the list is endless and goes back as far as humans do. Not everyone turns a blind eye, thankfully, and I'm not excusing politicians who do turn a blind eye - I'm quick to slag them off because it's their job not to, and to make sure systems are in place to stop it - but I would say "how many people would get involved to stop a homeless person being beaten up? Or ring the police?" and I suspect the answer would be "most wouldn't".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.