Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Special
BuzzJack Music Forum > Entertainment > TV Shows
Jack

New LGBT series featuring a gay man with cerebral palsy is on Netflix and it is EVERYTHING. Well written, hilarious and really touching at points too. Unfortunately the episodes are only 15 minutes long which is really frustrating. It seems to have received to little to no promotion by Netflix as well which is disappointing.

I'd urge everyone to watch this, it's so feel good and such an easy watch! wub.gif
Jay ☆
Watched all of this last night and really enjoyed! wub.gif Despite the short episode lengths, I thought the characters were very instantly appealing. Ryan’s friend/colleague Kim is a scene stealer! I felt bad for the mother, she couldn’t do right for doing wrong despite being so selfless and caring. cry.gif

It’s great to see a show that shines a spotlight on navigating life with a disability, and I also appreciated it for being a positive portrayal of being LGBT.

Would definitely recommend, I’m glad you enjoyed it too Jack! wub.gif
Jack
Glad to see someone else likes it!! I agree the other characters were so good and well thought out, Kim especially was a absolute icon throughout. I'm hoping it picks up another series and gets an extended episode length next time, it's too good to just be a one off!
Calum
Watched this last night after seeing you post the thread and it was amazing! wub.gif Pretty much agree with everything you've both said already, and like Jay said I couldn't help but feel sorry for the mum so much. cry.gif I kinda started to dislike him towards the end. Kim is iconic though!

Agreed that it definitely needs a second season, and bumping the episodes up to 45 minutes (or even half an hour) would be great.
lewistgreen
Loved this! Watched it all in one go. Hopefully it gets another series and they extend the episodes. Kim is friend goals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.