Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Step Back in Time ● Chart Topic
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > Kylie and Dannii Minogue
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Medellíam

Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

01 Australia
01 Scotland
01 UK
04 Ireland
05 Spain
09 Belgium (Flanders)
11 Switzerland
15 Germany
21 Austria
21 Hungary
23 Netherlands
25 Belgium (Wallonia)
27 New Zealand
32 Italy
40 Portugal
45 France

Other:

32 US {Sales}

Certifications:
-

Sales:

UK: 32,000 (11/07/19)
World: 55,000 (11/07/19)

New York City

31 Scotland
116 Belgium (Flanders)

Other:

26 UK {Sales}
38 Australia {Downloads}
91 France {Downloads}

Certifications:
-
Sales:
-
Medellíam
Chart Runs
Medellíam
A separate topic to keep track of how Step Back in Time is performing around the world.

Reports are that the album is #1 in Australia and #2 in Ireland - her sixth #1 in Australia.
Feel_The_Fever
Had hoped she might be number 1 here in Ireland but if those rumours are true number 2 is good and equals goldens chart oral here.
___∆___
Can’t wait for the charts to start rolling in - hopefully it gets a few decent positions in Europe.
Medellíam
OCC confirm Ireland's position:

Kylie Minogue scores the highest new entry on the Official Irish Albums Chart.

The Australian star’s new greatest hits collection Step Back In Time – The Definitive Collection debuts at Number 4 following Kylie’s legends slot performance at Glastonbury Festival. Kylie was last on the Irish Top 50 just over a year ago when her fourteenth studio album Golden peaked at Number 2.
Feel_The_Fever
I'm disappointed with number 4 here after the earlier number 2 rumour. Top 5 is still great but I had high Hope's after the number 2 rumour.
edneyguerra
23 in the dutch charts
Feel_The_Fever
Is that good or bad for the Dutch charts
___∆___
QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Jul 5 2019, 03:45 PM) *
Is that good or bad for the Dutch charts

Decent for Kylie over there tbh - Golden reached #18.
___∆___
So far we have the following confirmed -

UK #1
Ireland #4
Belgium (Flemish Chart) #9
Germany #15
The Netherlands #23
New Zealand #27
Canada #DNC
___∆___
QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jul 6 2019, 12:18 AM) *
So far we have the following confirmed -

UK #1
Ireland #4
Belgium (Flanders) #9
Germany #15
The Netherlands #23
New Zealand #27
Canada #DNC

New charts announced - #1 in Australia cheer.gif

UK #1
Australia #1
Ireland #4
Belgium (Flanders) #9
Germany #15
The Netherlands #23
Belgium (Wallonia) #25
New Zealand #27
Italy #32

Feel_The_Fever
Delighted she has another aussie number 1.
___∆___
Not sure when other charts are announced but really pleased with how it’s performed so far across Europe - wondering if she’ll get a boost in Poland and Spain seeing as she performed there this week.
Feel_The_Fever
I really hope the album can have longevity on the charts.
___∆___
Scotland to add to the list wink.gif

UK #1
Australia #1
Scotland #1
Ireland #4
Belgium (Flanders) #9
Germany #15
The Netherlands #23
Belgium (Wallonia) #25
New Zealand #27
Italy #32
SmileyKylie
Her Spotify listeners has gone back over the 4,000,000 per month. Went really high when Santa Baby was out and Christmas then dropped to the 3,500,000 kind of Mark.

Wonder if she will do any more tv show. Voice kids final again? 😂😂
Feel_The_Fever
I'm hoping SBIT will have a better chart run in Ireland this week than golden as golden went 2- 19 on week 2.
pippa
I dont see Kylie taking anything lower than Number 4 this week.
___∆___
Disappointing result in France - enters at #45.
___∆___
And misses the official Top 60 in Sweden but #9 on their vinyl chart.

I hate the fact that Kylie gets so many ‘lost’ sales - So many international fans order from her website and those sales don’t get accounted for anywhere.
pippa
That is a disappointing position for both Sweden and France.
How has the album charted in the U.S?
___∆___
QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 8 2019, 07:18 PM) *
That is a disappointing position for both Sweden and France.
How has the album charted in the U.S?

I think the US charts run on a 2 week cycle (I get confused with how their charts work laugh.gif ) so we should find out next week.

Looks as though it hasn’t made the charts in Japan, Taiwan or South Korea either cry.gif Hopefully it will chart in Spain, Switzerland, Poland and Austria when they are announced.
Feel_The_Fever
Japan is usually a good market for her or maybe that was just the early years.
___∆___
QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Jul 9 2019, 01:55 AM) *
Japan is usually a good market for her or maybe that was just the early years.

Japan/Asia used to be massive markets for Kylie that have finished over the years - partly I’m sure due to lack of visibility/promo over there.
pippa
Kylie's PWL days were huge in Japan but it has declined drastically over the years.
Monzo
US

Sales: 32
Current: 29
Independent: 06

Billboard 200: no
Dance/Electronic: not counted like some previous albums. US indie yes, UK indie no, no idea why.
___∆___
QUOTE(Monzo @ Jul 9 2019, 06:31 PM) *
US

Sales: 29
Current: 32

Dance/Electronic: not counted like some previous albums. US indie yes, UK indie no, no idea why.

So disappointing for the US to miss the official Top 200 after achieving #29 on sales nocheer.gif
pippa
That is disappointing but once again showcases how much Kylie is suffering due to streaming.
In general what would a sales position of Number 29 equate to in sales in the US.
Feel_The_Fever
Streaming is such a curse for kylie and sadly its the same for so many established acts like kylie. In actual sales kylie is still doing well but gets pulled down by streaming.
Medellíam
QUOTE(Monzo @ Jul 9 2019, 06:31 PM) *
US

Sales: 29
Current: 32

It was actually #32 on sales and #29 out of the current albums. Apparently ~4k sold.

#5 in Spain and #11 in Switzerland. In Australia, it sold 3,380 copies to be #1 (790 downloads, 1,443 vinyl, 1,067 CDs and 80 streams).
SmileyKylie
So it must be on about 50k world wide after week one?
Tawdry Hepburn
I thought 4K would be enough for top 200 in the US these days.
Medellíam
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 10 2019, 09:10 AM) *
I thought 4K would be enough for top 200 in the US these days.

That's what I thought too. Kylie's sales must be about right though because Lil Nas X sold 4k in pure sales the week before which placed him at #25 on the sales chart (he was #2 on the Billboard Top 200 though! drama.gif).
Red Blooded Man
QUOTE(Medellíam @ Jul 10 2019, 03:32 PM) *
In Australia, it sold 3,380 copies to be #1 (790 downloads, 1,443 vinyl, 1,067 CDs and 80 streams).

3380? That's quite low there for a No.1 album
Monzo
Some bonus from the US:

Tastemakers: 23
Internet: 13
pippa
QUOTE(Monzo @ Jul 10 2019, 12:20 PM) *
Some bonus from the US:

Tastemakers: 23
Internet: 13

I don't understand what this means, are they different charts in the US?

Vinyl outsold the cd in Australia, that is a magnificent result for her vinyl sales there.
Medellíam
Tastemakers: "top-selling albums based on an influential panel of stores comprised of independent retailer coalitions and smaller regional chains"
Internet: "physical albums ordered through Internet merchants"

I thought that was an impressive number of vinyl too! 43% of the Australian total compared to 18% of the UK total.
___∆___
Enters at #11 in Switzerland cheer.gif
pippa
Switzerland now one of the best results coming through.
Kylie is officially Number 2 in the midweek update with 8458 sales so far, 10k plus is certain now.

1 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent (12,101)
2 Kylie Minogue - Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection (8,458)
3 Lighthouse Family - Blue Sky In Your Head (8,041) *
5 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (5,461)
4 The Killers - Direct Hits (5,148)
___∆___
Really pleased to see this going Top 10 in UK, Ireland, Australia, Scotland, Spain and Belgium - shame it just missed it in Switzerland.

Hopefully a few more positions to come in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Austria & Poland.
pippa
Switzerland was so close for another Top 10 placement, unless it can climb in the future.
GLOBALFUNQ 👣
#21 Austria
pippa
Missing out on Top 10 by 1 place in Switzerland and 1 place from the Top 20 in Austria.
Feel_The_Fever
QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 10 2019, 09:59 PM) *
Missing out on Top 10 by 1 place in Switzerland and 1 place from the Top 20 in Austria.

So close but so far but good position in Switzerland. Sales are good for work 2 in the UK thank God and fingers crossed it wont fall bug in Ireland this week either.
pippa
It would be good if it can hold up in Ireland and other countries like it has in the UK.
How did Golden fair in the Australian chart on its second week?
___∆___
QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 11 2019, 02:09 PM) *
It would be good if it can hold up in Ireland and other countries like it has in the UK.
How did Golden fair in the Australian chart on its second week?

From memory ‘Golden’ only stayed in the Australian charts for 5-6 weeks in total.
pippa
That is a very short chart run for a Number 1 album.
___∆___
#2 and 9.4k in today’s update - hopefully will go silver within its first 4 weeks cheer.gif
Feel_The_Fever
If it can stay steady and fall slowly it should do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.