BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 6th September 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 6th September 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Good afternoon people, time to bring you my personal top 20 singles this week. Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello have been at number one for three weeks now. But will the might of big new singles from Andy Brown, James Blunt and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds prove a challenge for them? Here's your answer...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 6th September 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (1) MARK RONSON FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Find U Again
2. (5) CRAIG DAVID - Do You Miss Me Much
3. (HNE) ANDY BROWN - John Travolta
4. (2) KATY PERRY - Small Talk
5. (4) PAIGE CAVELL - Figure It Out
6. (3) SHAWN MENDES FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Senőrita
7. (NE) JAMES BLUNT - Cold
8. (NE) NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS - This Is The Place

9. (6) CALL ME LOOP - Self Love
10. (8) OSCAR SCHELLER FEAT. LILY ALLEN - 1%

11. (7) HIMESH PATEL - Yesterday
12. (NE) JACK PEŃATE - Prayer
13. (10) LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY - Blue Sky In Your Head
14. (9) OLLY MURS - Talking To Yourself / That Girl (Remix)
15. (11) LÉON - Falling
16. (12) LOUIS YORK - Don't You Forget
17. (13) NATASHA BEDINGFIELD - Kick It
18. (15) P!NK - Can We Pretend
19. (NE) KEANE - Love Too Much
20. (18) JP COOPER FEAT. ASTRID S - Sing It With Me

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello keep hold of our number one spot for a fourth week this week with 'Find U Again'. That they did is commendable really, given they were challenged all week by both Craig David - who climbs three to #2 with 'Do You Miss Me Much' - as well as this week's highest new entry.

Andy Brown was last on our chart in June when 'If I'd Known', the fifth single from his debut solo album 'Cedarmont' debuted and peaked at #19 before falling fast. He's back to top 3 ways this week though, with the first single from an as yet untitled second solo album. 'John Travolta' is incidentally the highest placed single taking it's title from a famous namesake on my chart since Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor were at the top of our chart exactly four years ago with 'Marvin Gaye'.

With Katy Perry and Paige Cavell still occupying positions inside the top 5, it means that 'Senőrita' finally dips out the top 3 in its ninth week for Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello. The track has just now become the third biggest single on my chart this year - and all this without ever reaching number one. In fact, it's now stayed longer in the top 10 than either of the two singles that kept it off the top by Himesh Patel and Olly Murs. Given the performance of Camila's single with Mark Ronson though, the victory is likely to be short lived, as 'Find U Again' looks as if it will move into the top 5 singles of 2019 by the end next week.

Next to play at #7 is a welcome return to our chart for James Blunt. 'Cold' is the first single to be lifted from his new album 'Once Upon A Mind' out at the end of next month. It's now his sixth top 10 hit since his debut in 2005, and first since 'Bonfire Heart' made #6 back in 2013.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds enjoy a second consecutive top 10 hit - and third overall - this week. 'This Is The Place' debuts at #8 and is the name of the former Oasis star's band's new EP, out at the end of this month, following the #6 success of 'Black Star Dancing' back in June.

Cast your minds back if you will to twelve years ago. Back in 2007, Jack Peńate was the big name to drop in the indie dominated charts of the mid 00s. His debut album 'Matinee' produced three hit singles including two top 10 hits with 'Torn on the Platform' and 'Second, Minute or Hour'. A follow up album in 2009 produced two more top 20 hits but all has laid quiet since then. Until now, as new single 'Prayer' enters at this week's #12 to give him a sixth consecutive top 20 hit.

And finally, speaking of big indie names from the mid 00s, Keane return with a brand new album later this month - their first in fact, since they split in 2013 - titled 'Cause and Effect'. 'Love Too Much' is its first single and returns them to my top 20 at #19, but you suspect other singles will have to do better than this for it be a comeback worth talking about.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2018: All Saints were at number one for a third week with 'After All', plus hits from Dennis Lloyd, Andy Brown and Jess Glynne

1. (1) ALL SAINTS - After All

2. (2) DENNIS LLOYD - Nevermind
3. (HNE) ANDY BROWN - About Last Night
4. (7) JESS GLYNNE - All I Am
5. (8) CLAIRE RICHARDS - On My Own
6. (3) GEORGE EZRA - Shotgun
7. (4) SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR - Love Is You
8. (NE) MABEL - One Shot
9. (5) KYLIE MINOGUE - A Lifetime To Repair
10. (NE) MNEK - Correct
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post