BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How Do You Think Amy Winehouses 3rd album would’ve done?, Just imagine we got it pls :(
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post 18th September 2019, 01:05 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Just thinking here.

Amy never got to release her third studio album.

But let’s just imagine sometime along the line she did.

How do you think it would’ve done?

I think first week sales would’ve been gigantic! Like easy 400K sales in week one if not more. Her lead single would’ve probably been a #1 or at the least a top 3 smash too. I imagine the album would’ve probably come at some point in 2012/2013. She’d probably be due to release album four now (I always felt that had she not passed she’d release albums about as often as Dido tbh long breaks between them).

Longevity wise however it may not have had the chart run of Back to Black but I feel she’d have easily cleared over 1.5m sales (probably without a major tour though).

It’s still so sad and tragic that she only released two albums!

All answers welcome. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 18th September 2019, 07:00 AM
Post #2
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

It's hard to say really. If we got it in the time frame you suggested it more than likely would have been a huge seller. But I'm almost of the belief that even if she was still with us it would've been one of those situations like with Lauryn Hill, where she released 'The Miseducation Of' and just toured erratically without a follow up.

Amy never struck me as the kind to scattergun albums out like you said. Had we finally got a third album from her I reckon anytime in the last two years would be when we got it. Although for me 'Frank' has always been her strongest album, it had such humour and depth to it. 'Back to Black' was a great album but I do revisit it less.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 18th September 2019, 07:06 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

very difficult to say
think she would have at least had one more successful album

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 18th September 2019, 07:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

I think her star was building with each successive release and could have really seen her go pretty much instantly stratospheric

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 18th September 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It's a hard one, I feel like in the final 3-4 years of her life she was probably permanently damaged (significantly) and addled by her addictions that we may have only eventually got a cobbled together album of rough studio sessions which could have just sullied her legacy.

Had things been different and she released a proper follow-up with her being totally switched on by about 2010, that probably would have been ginormous.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:19 AM