Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBTory Bias
BuzzJack Music Forum > General Discussion > News and Politics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
December Dong
A thread for egregious examples of pro government BBTory bias. We can't list every example as it never ends.

This week: Bojo got booed out of a hospital. BBTory buried the story. Corbyn was greeted at a hospital. BBTory: Corbyn is politicising the nhs. Sigh. I guess it's only not politicising it when you're privatising it. Complaining about privatisation is politicisation.
Holly and Izzy
Well, I posted this in the Labour thread but to rejoice in this thread let's put it here:

Corbyn hasn’t even been safe from the ‘bastion of independent journalism’ the BBC. The London Economic reported news that one of Britain’s leading barristers has evidence of BBC bias against Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. Jolyon Maugham QC, director of the Good Law Project alleged that the BBC has indulged in showing “coded negative imagery” of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn since his election in 2015. Even this week, BBC Panorama produced what is widely regarded as a hatchet job on Jeremy Corbyn and anti-Semitism within the Labour party.

Oh, and by the way: the first person to respond with the 'well if both the right-wing and the left-wing complain about the BBC it must be in the middle' gets a VERY withering look.

December Dong
Remember the Russian hat gate? BBTory cleared itself over it, and that is part of the problem! It dismisses criticism.
December Dong
https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-pr...ZpQ9JG-6C3fOYX4

Labour wants to completely reform it. BBTory have brought this on themselves!
December Dong
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brea..._virpyLxLqwcqes

BbTory protecting Bojo again and also not reporting on the fact that Congress is talking about him as compromised by russian agents.
Botchia
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 8 2019, 08:46 AM) *
https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-pr...ZpQ9JG-6C3fOYX4

Labour wants to completely reform it. BBTory have brought this on themselves!

All decent suggestions tbf
blacksquare
Very normal.

December Dong
Oh my GOD. The state propaganda news channel has to go.
Holly and Izzy
Relevant Guardian opinion article: The Tories can't win without the right-wing press - This isn't how democracy works

It is the challenge of the left not simply to bemoan the power of the rightwing press, but to circumnavigate it. It is a bit like complaining about the right being better funded, or wealthy people buying access. It’s incontestable but it’s not going to change any time soon. It is as baked into the analysis of the system as privilege is baked into the system itself.

Sharing it because it's an interesting read about how devoid of democratic process our press is, but also to make a point that we need to be fighting back rather than just moaning about it. Grassroots campaigning and new media (from online print publications to a rise of video makers, we can share and drown out the noise of the reality-devoid right-wing points.
December Dong
Labour has complained to Ofcom about the pro-Tory bias at Murdoch's Sky News!

It is hard ro fight against the anti-democratic FLOODS of misinformation and propaganda (and their ignoring of Tory gaffes/ problems). It takes over the discourse and brainwashes the simple-minded, thr gullible, and people who don't even have access to the internet to see our videos and left media in the first place! Look at common sense! He's completely far gone. Completely brainwashed.
Brett-Butler
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 16 2019, 12:15 PM) *

Rupert Murdoch doesn't own Sky News. Fox sold its share in Sky last year.
December Dong
I didn't know that. They haven't changed stance much though!!

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-trol...p;r=US&IR=T

This is what a Russian troll revealed about the troll farms. Umm has anyone checked common sense's ip location?? rotf.gif
Crazy Chris-tmas
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 16 2019, 11:15 AM) *

It is hard ro fight against the anti-democratic FLOODS of misinformation and propaganda (and their ignoring of Tory gaffes/ problems). It takes over the discourse and brainwashes the simple-minded, thr gullible, and people who don't even have access to the internet to see our videos and left media in the first place! Look at common sense! He's completely far gone. Completely brainwashed.

Did someone mention me? biggrin.gif
Crazy Chris-tmas
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 16 2019, 11:51 AM) *
I didn't know that. They haven't changed stance much though!!

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-trol...p;r=US&IR=T

This is what a Russian troll revealed about the troll farms. Umm has anyone checked common sense's ip location?? rotf.gif

Okay time to come clean. I'm a RUSSIAN. ohmy.gif
blacksquare

Absolutely no bias in this reporting at all — the tone is completely impartial.
December Dong
The utter bias!! You can tell she's a Tory.
blacksquare
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 18 2019, 12:37 PM) *
The utter bias!! You can tell she's a Tory.

It really is tiring.
Doctor Blind
I don't watch BBC News anymore - Channel 4 News is a lot better plus they give an hour for the news which means that they can cover it in much more depth/detail.
December Dong
People are asking C4 to investigate BBTory bias. It's bad. We have a state propaganda channel, just likr Russia, Iran and North Korea.
blacksquare

She's not even pretending anymore, and the story linked doesn't actually mention any Tory candidate. He was suspended over alleged anti-semitic comments about the Holocaust. Is that not worth mentioning because it doesn't fit a particular narrative?

This, and the Peter Oborne article, go hand-in-hand.
Tawdry Hepburn
Bloody hell.

I didn't quite realise just how much of a nasty piece of work Laura Kuennsberg was until recently, but it really has become apparent with such crystal clarity.

She's being paid her £250k salary for what is supposed to be an "impartial" political commentator role, but she's essentially Boris Johnson's mouthpiece and she's ramping it up atm. Grim.
December Dong
100% agreed. Grim is thr word. BBTory news just needs axing at this point. We don't need it, and this vile evil authoritarian proto-fascist Tory gkvernment has shown just how easily an authoritarian government can co-opt it and turn it into pro-government state propaganda. In the sea!
XmasIslandSnake
So a lot of us here now prefer ITV equivalent Robert Peston (who a lot of people find annoying, a bit unfairly imo) to the BBC's Laura Kuennsberg. laugh.gif Never would have thought that in a million years!

She's not even pretending anymore, and the story linked doesn't actually mention any Tory candidate.

Where is the link for this story? unsure.gif

blacksquare
QUOTE(TheSnake @ Nov 19 2019, 02:26 PM) *
Where is the link for this story? unsure.gif

December Dong
Imagine if that were a Labour candidate!! BbTory would never stop. The Tories under Bojo have lurched so far right, these bnp nutjobs have joined - and their chickens have come home to roost.
XmasIslandSnake
QUOTE(blacksquare @ Nov 19 2019, 02:50 PM) *

Oh it wasn't showing up on my computer for some reason before...thanks for reposting.
blacksquare
QUOTE(TheSnake @ Nov 19 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Oh it wasn't showing up on my computer for some reason before...thanks for reposting.

Oh, no, you hadn’t missed it.

Laura Kuennsberg didn’t post a story about it, just one about Labour.
blacksquare

Laura Kuenssberg finds it ‘daft’ that people have an issue with the Tories rebranding themselves as ‘FactCheck UK’ during the debate. BBCRealityCheck are the only fact checker that haven’t responded. The other factcheckers condemned it as an attempt to mislead voters.

Fortunately, someone has been doing their job at the BBC.
5 Silas Frøkner
It’s refreshing to see people waking up to the walking propaganda outfit that is BBC News. We’ve been dismissed as being loons or cybernats for years now for correctly pointing out that BBC is a unionist Tory propaganda outfit and nothing more. BBC Scotland especially horrendous to the point that it’s now completely unwatchable. Thank god for STV
December Dong
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Nov 20 2019, 06:52 PM) *
It’s refreshing to see people waking up to the walking propaganda outfit that is BBC News. We’ve been dismissed as being loons or cybernats for years now for correctly pointing out that BBC is a unionist Tory propaganda outfit and nothing more. BBC Scotland especially horrendous to the point that it’s now completely unwatchable. Thank god for STV

THIS!! It's state propaganda.

BBTory has been quoting a FAKE YOUTORY POLL THAT WAS RELEASED AN HOUR BEFORE THE DEBATES THAT CLAIMED BOJO WON, WITH A SAMPLE SIZE OF 100!!!!! Every other poll, with samples up to 30k each, have been massive victories for Corbyn, 70%, etc. YouTory published a fake poll and it's the only one BBTory used to inform their 'coverage'. Dystopian nightmare.
Doctor Blind
Can I just say how much I am enjoying 'Woke Oborne'? His article in the Guardian yesterday was class, and the rant at Kuenssberg's blatant bias on R2 the other week brilliant.

YES to Woke Oborne. biggrin.gif
Suedehead2
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 20 2019, 07:56 PM) *
THIS!! It's state propaganda.

BBTory has been quoting a FAKE YOUTORY POLL THAT WAS RELEASED AN HOUR BEFORE THE DEBATES THAT CLAIMED BOJO WON, WITH A SAMPLE SIZE OF 100!!!!! Every other poll, with samples up to 30k each, have been massive victories for Corbyn, 70%, etc. YouTory published a fake poll and it's the only one BBTory used to inform their 'coverage'. Dystopian nightmare.

Do you have sources for these assertions?

I saw some claims last night about the YouGov poll results supposedly being released before the debate had even started. I saw nothing that convinced me that the alleged tweet was actually put out at the time claimed. Even if it was, it could still have been a cock-up. It is likely that YouGov will have prepared a tweet for at least three possible outcomes of their poll - a near 50-50 split, a clear Corbyn win and a clear Johnson win. You cannot rule out the possibility that one of them was released in error. Similar things have happened before

Where did the sample size of 100 come from? YouGov, along with other major pollsters, are signed up to a code of conduct. Among other things, that should forbid claiming that a reliable result can be obtained from a sample as small as 100. Can you provide links to these other polls?

vidsanta
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Nov 20 2019, 06:52 PM) *

I'm assuming you are not referring to a voting system here? unsure.gif
5 Silas Frøkner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STV_(TV_channel)

The independent holder of the ITV franchise in North & Central Scotland (notably not the tory leaning border region which is lumped in with Cumbria in ITV Borders) and is the only part of the Channel 3 network not owned and operated by ITV Plc. It carries a lot of ITV content but the news and current affairs are all programmed locally.
vidsanta
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Nov 21 2019, 07:37 AM) *
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STV_(TV_channel)

The independent holder of the ITV franchise in North & Central Scotland (notably not the tory leaning border region which is lumped in with Cumbria in ITV Borders) and is the only part of the Channel 3 network not owned and operated by ITV Plc. It carries a lot of ITV content but the news and current affairs are all programmed locally.

OK, thank you for the clarification.
blacksquare

Well, well.
Santa Klaus
Reality Check is good and all but it’s nowhere near as prominent as it needs to be. It was there during the referendum and I’m sure (although don’t want to state this as a fact) that the BBC themselves were critical of the level of exposing false information in the referendum.

Just look at the most recent example with the man saying more than 50% of people in the UK earn more than £80,000 as I put in the other thread. The Reality Check has rightly stated he is in the Top 5%

However, how worthwhile is it posting this information 12 hours after the actual event, which was broadcast to potentially millions of viewers and then the clip was uploaded on their Twitter account without any statement that what he was saying was wrong, on a secondary account that may or may not be retweeted by the BBC News account. Particularly when all the information from reality check appears to be uploaded on social media accounts rather than broadcast on the TV.

There needs to be a reality check team on all political TV shows to immediately call out any false information.
Holly and Izzy
It may be a silly thing, but the name of Reality Check itself feels wrong. Too authoritative and paternalistic, which I feel puts people on the defensive when checking it - don't underestimate people's willingness to disagree with reality. They themselves can be okay but as shown today, often too late.

Full Fact is for my money a far superior fact checker.

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Nov 22 2019, 10:22 AM) *

Well, well.

Disturbing. That's the JOB of the supposed neutral news - to correctly say 'this person is lying', when they are - and, when they continually do so, to call them a liar. Indicative in that statement is that they would have to call Johnson at least a liar along with everyone else on the right perpetuating fake news, and they're not willing to do that.

God, imagine a universe where Johnson, or any future chancer, puts out a dodgy claim and in reporting on it, the BBC directly said after it 'Johnson has lied X times about similar subjects, you might find these links relevant'.
Suedehead2
It is being alleged that the person who asked the first question on Thursday's Question Time (standard edition, not the leaders' show last night) was a Tory councillor. Yet, only the previous week, the chair of Brighton and Hove Lib Dems was told she couldn't be in the audience because local party officers were barred from the show in election campaigns. Of course, the likelihood is that the person involved failed to declare that he was a councillor, in which case this should perhaps be in the Tory lies thread.
blacksquare

Managed to keep the applause, though.
5 Silas Frøkner
There needs to be a root and branch review of the BBC from the top down. This is what I expect from the media in Russia, China and North Korea. Not a functioning democracy
December Dong
Our democracy has failed. Once you let the Tories in, they'll never get out. They have turned the BBTory into state propaganda.
December Dong
They edited this and they edited the memorial day footage to protect him. Absolutely vile. Axe the BBTory!! Give Doc Who and Esstenders to ITV. They'll do a better job with them anyway.
Crazy Chris-tmas
Don't see anything wrong with editing booing out. It's disrespectful to boo our newly elected PM so the BBC was right imo to edit it out. Nothing to see here folks.
Crazy Chris-tmas
QUOTE(Big Boobs Vjay! @ Nov 23 2019, 05:25 PM) *
They edited this and they edited the memorial day footage to protect him. Absolutely vile. Axe the BBTory!! Give Doc Who and Esstenders to ITV. They'll do a better job with them anyway.

The memorial day editing was a genuine mistake and we've moved on since then.
coi
I watched both of these clips again from the programmes where they were broadcast, the BBC News broadcast at 1pm is only a 12 minute programme and they would have only edited it to reduce the length of the clip - they cut out the bit where Johnson was stuttering and repeating himself so they can get straight to his answer, and they would have cut out the applause as well if the applause wasn't still going on when his full sentence started. They did the same for the applause after a question to Jo Swinson (cutting it out to get straight from the question to the answer), so I doubt it's bias but rather just clipping the video to fit in their short broadcast time.
Santa Klaus
QUOTE(common sense @ Nov 23 2019, 05:42 PM) *
Don't see anything wrong with editing booing out. It's disrespectful to boo our newly elected PM so the BBC was right imo to edit it out. Nothing to see here folks.

laugh.gif You’re the perfect pawn to live in a dictatorship.
December Dong
An unelected oaf not fit for office who doesn't deserve any respect. At all. Enjoy your dictatorship x The BBTory has shown with this that what happened with the memorial footage was NOT a mistake, not that it ever COULD have been one, seeing as they had to delve deep into the archives for it.
Crazy Chris-tmas
QUOTE(coi @ Nov 23 2019, 05:48 PM) *
I watched both of these clips again from the programmes where they were broadcast, the BBC News broadcast at 1pm is only a 12 minute programme and they would have only edited it to reduce the length of the clip - they cut out the bit where Johnson was stuttering and repeating himself so they can get straight to his answer, and they would have cut out the applause as well if the applause wasn't still going on when his full sentence started. They did the same for the applause after a question to Jo Swinson (cutting it out to get straight from the question to the answer), so I doubt it's bias but rather just clipping the video to fit in their short broadcast time.

See folks. The real explanation. Have just watched them again too and coi is spot on. The fact Jo was edited too means there was no bias and am sure the BBC will point that out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.