BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Scott and Scooter are trash redux
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Nov 14 2019, 11:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Taylor's just posted a statement to social media, detailing yet again how Scott and Scooter are absolute trash. In short, she is unable to perform a medley at the AMAs where she willl receive artist of the decade, and she is unable to use any old music in an upcoming Netflix documentary.

Guys - It’s been announced recently that the American Music Awards will be honoring me with the Artist of the Decade Award at this year’s ceremony. I’ve been planning to perform a medley of my hits throughout the decade on the show. Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun have now said that I’m not allowed to perform my old songs on television because they claim that would be re-recording my music before I’m allowed to next year. Additionally - and this isn’t the way I had planned on telling you this news - Netflix has created a documentary about my life for the past few years. Scott and Scooter have declined the use of my older music or performance footage for this project, even though there is no mention of either of them or Big Machine Records anywhere in the film.
Scott Borchetta told my team that they’ll allow me to use my music only if I do these things: If I agree to not re-record copycat versions of my songs next year (which is something I’m both legally allowed to do and looking forward to) and also told my team that I need to stop talking about him and Scooter Braun.
I feel very strongly that sharing what is happening to me could change the awareness level for other artists and potentially help them avoid a similar fate. The message being sent to me is very clear. Basically, be a good little girl and shut up. Or you’ll be punished.
This is WRONG. Neither of these men had a hand in the writing of those songs. They did nothing to create the relationship I have with my fans. So this is where I’m asking for your help.

Please let Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun know how you feel about this. Scooter also manages several artists who I really believe care about other artists and their work. Please ask them for help with this - I’m hoping that maybe they can talk some sense into the men who are exercising tyrannical control over someone who just wants to play the music she wrote. I’m especially asking for help from The Carlyle Group, who put up money for the sale of my music to these two men.
I just want to be able to perform MY OWN music. That’s it. I’ve tried to work this out privately through my team but have not been able to resolve anything. Right now my performance at the AMA’s, the Netflix documentary and any other recorded events I am planning to play until November of 2020 are a question mark.
I love you guys and I thought you should know what’s been going on.
Taylor
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Nov 15 2019, 12:07 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
It's just f***ing awful, imagine building a legacy like Taylor's that's pretty much unparalleled, writing or co-writing ALL of it and you can't even perform what you want of YOUR art.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 15 2019, 12:33 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
The fact they won't let her perform her own music that she herself wrote because if it's live it will be like she is re-recording the songs is just petty bullshit because in reality, they are two sexist arseholes who just want the girl to "do what we say and shut up"

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 15 2019, 12:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I'm raging rn. I acc can't at this whole situation 😡

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 15 2019, 09:20 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
This is horrific. I feel so, SO bad for her. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 15 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

wub.gif

THIS TEA OMG

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Nov 15 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I'm loving the outpouring of support, but it shouldn't need to happen. Such a horrible situation :/

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 16 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #8
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
We stan Greg james

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Nov 16 2019, 12:32 AM
Post #9
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
The amount of females that are slamming Taylor on twitter is actually disgusting lmao.

It’s horrible how they’re trying to control her the way that they are and I really hope more artists speak out because so many of her “close friends” always seem to remain quiet.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Nov 16 2019, 01:40 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
This is such a wtf kind of story because I just think it’s so wrong that this can actually happen!

I’d understand it if Scott and Scooter had been a part of the writing process but it’s shocking what they’re doing! I hope Taylor can get her rights to her own music back and hopefully she’ll be able to perform at the event too! She deserves to own what she’s creating and a lot of people bashing her don’t understand that she’s a VERY prominent writer / figure in everything she does, she doesn’t rely on others input to get to where she is. One of the smartest women in the business for sure.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 16 2019, 03:06 AM
Post #11
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
People are probably gonna call for my permaban for this but I think this is less of a gender issue (like what people seem to believe it is) and more that there’s ZERO LOGIC in Scott/Scooter’s reasoning + this ideology that higher ups own all of an act’s artistic property. Like she’s performing a medley for god’s Sake. And there’s no confirmation of a studio version ever being recorded for said medley. So I don’t get where the “live performance = you’re re-recording your music” Logic is coming from. There’s no need to be this territorial, like it ain’t that deep drama.gif

And this is the guy who managed Ariana??? does not compute

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Nov 16 2019, 03:48 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
Taylor Swift rep hits back: https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/taylor...cid=mailsignout

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:17 AM