BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> k bye for now (swt live) • Live Album, 23rd December 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Dec 11 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
I thought this deserved its own thread now as a track list has materialised on Ari's instagram and the album is available to pre-save now ohmy.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 11 2019, 08:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
So excited to relive tour memories wub.gif her vocals really were the highlight of it all, so this seems like a great move. My only qualm about the track list is that I wish 'One Last Time' had been included from the early shows that it was performed at! The rumours about a Sweetener tour movie/documentary have gone a bit quiet now, maybe there'll be another disc on the album for a documentary or something? a bit like Little Mix's 'Glory Days: The Platinum Edition'. I hope so anyway!

Soooo happy that the interludes are going to be there too.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 11 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I thought the documentary/tour thing was a Netflix thing? ohmy.gif Maybe I'm making it up laugh.gif

Excited. Her vocals blew me away when I saw her. I obviously knew she was good, but I didn't realise just HOW good.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 11 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Dec 11 2019, 10:48 PM) *
I thought the documentary/tour thing was a Netflix thing? ohmy.gif Maybe I'm making it up laugh.gif

Excited. Her vocals blew me away when I saw her. I obviously knew she was good, but I didn't realise just HOW good.

Oh is it? ohmy.gif that has somehow completely passed me by if so! I remember her being rumoured for 'The Prom' which will be a Netflix thing, but didn't know much about the documentary, except people at concerts saying that some sort of filming was going on. Let me finally get Netflix if so kink.gif

Yeah same, from 'raindrops (an angel cried)' alone I knew I was in for a stellar night wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 12 2019, 12:58 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Im not sure lmao. I feel like I may have made it up in my head and mixed it with someone else doing a Netflix special aha.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 23 2019, 07:22 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Oh okay it looks like she’s dropped this now to coincide with the tour just ending ohmy.gif and it’s called ‘k bye for now (swt live)’ laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 23 2019, 07:46 AM
Post #7
Group icon
!!!

THREE PROJECTS IN A CALENDAR YEAR.

WE STAN!! LMAO.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 23 2019, 11:39 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Alone and wounded
^ GAH I know right Jonjo?! What an insane year it has been for her! I was NOT ready for this to drop, was fully expecting her to stick to the 2020 release. But the surprise has brightened up my Monday morning for sure. A lovely parting gift ahead of what I hope will be a lengthy break for her - she deserves it.

I must admit that I did a double take when I saw the title laugh.gif but thinking about it more, it's clearly a gift for the fans and this is exactly the kind of thing she'd say to fans on Twitter. Plus it feels appropriate as closure for the 'thank u, next' era. I'm definitely ready for capital letters next era though kink.gif

Anyway, I decided to listen to this in the background at work already! It felt so good to relive tour memories and listen to her vocals sounding so impeccable throughout. It'll be a nice treat for fans who weren't able to attend a live show too. Random thoughts:

- She refers to London during both 'bad idea' and 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' wub.gif so that felt pretty special, as the date I attended was one of the London ones. She jumps between random places for each song though so that was pretty amusing laugh.gif
- Those vocals thouuuugh! It took me just 2 songs to be completely floored all over again and this was of course the high note in 'God is a woman'. SO GOOD. 'everytime' was a massive vocal highlight for me too. I've seen nothing but praise online for her vox so far (as it should be!), with some people saying that some of these versions sound even better than the studio ones. This project really does show off her talent so well. The main criticism that I've seen is that background vocalists would've been welcomed, which I get as that would've helped to flesh out the more quiet moments. Maybe an idea for next tour.
- I loved getting to hear more of the crowd interaction/comments from her that weren't at my show - particular highlights were "where my 'make up' stans at?" and "oh he's gay!" in response to Childish Gambino's G-A-Y verse in 'Break Your Heart Right Back' - her delivery of that was brilliant :')
- I'm still obsessed with her version of 'my heart belongs to daddy' - so grateful that it made the cut as not all of the interludes are there. Classy queen. It also goes without saying that 'no tears left to cry' live is everything. We have a version of it with the ethereal intro (a la the music video) on Spotify now people!!
- 'thank u, next' is a fantastic closer, proud fan moment to be reminded of the song that resulted in her stratospheric rise

Shall definitely treasure this album during this gap between eras! Very happy with it.

~~~

Links if you guys want to listen:

SPOTIFY

APPLE MUSIC

YOUTUBE PLAYLIST

~~~

UK iTunes Albums: ne.gif 2. Ariana Grande - k bye for now (swt live)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 23 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Im hyped to listen to it and relive it too! Thank you for the run down and your comments biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Dec 23 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

I am crying!!!!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Dec 23 2019, 04:20 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Just listened to this and it's so beautiful. wub.gif

I forgot just how good R.E.M sounded during the tour.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 23 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
Listening now, her live performances are so are on point and special! I LOVE bad idea live.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 27 2019, 10:52 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Alone and wounded
This missed the top 100 but it was released on a Monday and with no physicals so I'm not surprised! Top 20 in the download chart though laugh.gif *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jan 2 2020, 11:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Alone and wounded
The way she sings "we'd be good, we'd be greeeeat togetherrr" on 'goodnight n go' is the latest thing to hit me from this album <3

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jan 4 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Dec 11 2019, 10:48 PM) *

Looks like you might be right ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Jan 4 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I so hope that's true!!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jan 5 2020, 06:15 AM
Post #17
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I hope so too, would be fantastic to relive this concert wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Apr 7 2021, 05:13 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Alone and wounded
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56660523

A vinyl for this is out for Record Store Day UK 2021! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post May 20 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Emailed my local independent record store about the Record Store Day pressing and they said:

A quick heads up on the Ariana Grande, we ordered loads of it but I've just been informed that we've been cut back to seven copies so it'll be worth getting here early for that one as I'd like to see you getting a copy. It's been requested a few times which usually means there are more people after it as well, cheers, Chris.

drama.gif hopefully I can get my hands on it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jun 7 2021, 04:03 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Looking forward to finally owning this on Saturday hopefully heart.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:49 AM