BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> AF IDOL 2.0 | Mod Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Apr 22 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Hello! So AF IDOL 2.0 will be starting next week.

^^ CLICK THE BANNER TO GET THE HYPE GOING PLEASE ^^

Hello everyone, we hope you are all safe and well.

A little while after teams has finished (next Wed), as you may be aware, we are looking to launch AF IDOL 2.0 cheer.gif

To make it different and so that forums aren't using the same songs in the same order and getting the same results etc.. we've decided to change the format a little. We will be adhering to loose themes, each round. There will be a total of 16 themes and due to us in the AF Inner-Circle coming up with the idea and themes, we thought the only fair way to do this was to announce the rounds in advanced to you guys too, so get planning.

However, we would like some interactivity with your forums with this. So get ideas from your forum members (ultimately you have the final say ofc) and decided amongst yourselves as moderators as to which songs you will be choosing to use. After all, the idea of AFI was to get discussion going in the AF's. We wanna keep the rounds a secret until they're officially revealed. If any posters suggest a song that you think would be used better at a later time, just state that you plan to use that in a later round and that you hope they trust you in this decision etc.. That way, each round is getting discussed in the forums and we'll be getting forum input!

The rounds are:

ROUND 1: FREE CHOICE
> Any song by your artist. <

ROUND 2: A song that started an era
> Self explanatory. The first single from an era. <

ROUND 3: A song without an official music video
> Basically any song, that doesn't have an official music video uploaded to their official Youtube/VEVO channels <

ROUND 4: FREE CHOICE

ROUND 5: Worst single
> An official single that is either bottom 3 of their best sellers (singles released in March 2020 or after are ineligible - example: Little Mix can't use Break Up Song for this round) or it must've come bottom 3 in their singles rates <

ROUND 6: A non-top 75 charting hit
> Any song that didn't chart in the top 75, but charted on the UK charts. This doesn't HAVE to be a single. As long as it charted, but missed the T75 <

ROUND 7: A ballad album track
> SO EMOSH <

ROUND 8: SABOTAGE > This obviously all depends on which forums are left <
> You will be assigned a different forum to choose their entry. SABOTAGE THEM. GET THEM AT THEIR WEAKEST!!! *evil laugh* - I expect this will be a big talking point for your AF's. <

ROUND 9: FREE CHOICE
> Any song by your artist. Get back on your feet after the sabotage round! <

ROUND 10: A remix, bonus track or B-side
> Self explanatory. <

ROUND 11: A collaboration
> Self explanatory.

For collaborations where one artist has collaborated with another artist with an artist forum then the LEAD ARTIST has priority (examples: Britney feat. Madonna, Britney gets it over Madonna, Lady Gaga gets Telephone over Beyonce etc..)

However, if it's a joint credit then unfortunately it's a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis (example: Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss - it's a fight to the death!) <

ROUND 12: FREE CHOICE

ROUND 13: A top 40 hit single
> A single that reached any position from #11 to #40 <

ROUND 14: A song that closed an era
> The final single of an era <

ROUND 15: Should've been a single
> The MISSED opportunity <

ROUND 16: FREE CHOICE
> Any song by your artist. Final round. GO OUT ON A HIGH. <

We are doing AWAY with polls. laugh.gif The idea is that we shall be choosing around half of the candidates and we will be manually adding the scores together (it'll literally just be one point per mention). Also, we are giving Charli XCX, Fifth Harmony, K-Pop & Lana to join in for their last hurrah. So they will need help in the AF-Hub, in choosing their entries!

We've tried to make this as unpredictable and fun as possible. The general morale of the first AF Idol was incredible. One of my absolute favourite moments from the 12 years I've been on this site. Lets just go out and have fun, again! I am SO excited to see the choices and it's going to be so nice seeing Ariana get a fair chance this time! laugh.gif However, artist forums that DON'T give us an entry, the Artist Forum Inner-Circle will be automatically choosing them ourselves for that specific forum. Well, Ariana was screwed over SO badly with this last time, so please take part! biggrin.gif

As always, if you have any questions feel free to either write it in here, or send us a PM biggrin.gif

STAY SAFE AND HAVE FUN.

THE AF INNER-CIRCLE FORUM MODERATORS.
Just thought I'd start a thread for us so that we can talk about potential entries and use this to decide which track we want to go for, for each round.

The rounds are SECRET. They'll be revealed one by one every time we open up rounds. So please don't mention any of this until they have been announced in the Artist Forum Hub! biggrin.gif

I'm so excited to get into this, this time. We've got to play carefully!

Sabotage might screw us over though! But tbf, any forum could be screwed with this one! So we shall see!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Apr 25 2020, 08:54 AM
Post #2
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
My choices!

For You

Your Song

> Basically any song, that doesn't have an official music video uploaded to their official Youtube/VEVO channels <
First Time High

Black Widow

> An official single that is either bottom 3 of their best sellers (singles released in March 2020 or after are ineligible - example: Little Mix can't use Break Up Song for this round) or it must've come bottom 3 in their singles rates <
Shine Ya Light [This seems a bit safer than going with Lay Down Your Weapons or New York Raining, in terms of being recognisable?

> Any song that didn't chart in the top 75, but charted on the UK charts. This doesn't HAVE to be a single. As long as it charted, but missed the T75 <
[We only have two options here - 'Better than You' which reached #105, which is Conor Maynard feat. Rita Ora, or 'Love and War' from her debut album, which peaked at #193. I've not heard either!]

> SO EMOSH <
Soul Survivor [This counts as a ballad, right? Nothing else jumped out at me from Phoenix, and I've never heard ORA to know which songs are the ballads, oop!]

> You will be assigned a different forum to choose their entry. SABOTAGE THEM. GET THEM AT THEIR WEAKEST!!! *evil laugh* - I expect this will be a big talking point for your AF's. <

Let Me Love You

> Self explanatory. <
Cashmere [Again, having not heard ORA I'm not sure if there is something more suitable from it... but I noticed that 'Young, Single & Sexy' charted at #54 and that's a deluxe track from ORA]

> Self explanatory. <
Lonely Together [I assume this isn't cheating? I guess most will consider collaborations that have two or more singers, but production is still collaborating...! While Lonely Together did very well in Rita's rate, 4th, I am mindful of the fact that a few people aren't keen on her vocals on it. If we wanted to go with "Rita and another singer" songs, 'Doing It' with Charli XCX did the best in her rate.]

I Will Never Let You Down

Ritual [Was a #24 hit last year and did surprisingly well in her rate - 5th place]

Only Want You [While Radioactive was a bigger hit, I assume Only Want You is more popular on BuzzJack, and it benefits from being quite recent]

New Look

Anywhere

Interestingly I've disregarded three of Rita's four UK #1s... Hot Right Now, R.I.P. and How We Do (Party)... should they be used somewhere?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 26 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
My choices!

Lonely Together or Hot Right Now < Whichever we don't use, I think the other could be just as strong later on for collaboration.

Your Song < AGREED

First Time High < AGREED

Black Widow or R.I.P. < Not sure which would be better off here. I think BW feels more popular but R.I.P. will appeal to more of the casual voters.

Shine Ya Light < AGREED

Better Than You < Go for this then out of the 2. It IS the better song too and a bop.

> SO EMOSH <
Soul Survivor or Hello, Hi, Goodbye < Not sure which to go for exactly. I'd say the former would be more popular (especially as 'Phoenix' feels a lot more favoured than 'ORA' on here). But definitely one to get feedback on from forum members I think.

Let Me Love You < AGREED

> Self explanatory. <
Cashmere or Young, Single & Sexy < YS&S is a B O P. However, I'm not sure how well known it is on the forum despite peaking so high! Maybe go for YS&S, but either way, we'll need forum feedback for sure.

> Self explanatory. <
Lonely Together or Hot Right Now Whichever we don't use during round 1. I'm not confident in For You at all! sad.gif

I Will Never Let You Down < AGREED

Ritual < AGREED

Only Want You < AGREED

New Look < AGREED - Although I'd rather First Time High was here, but I can't think of a better song to replace FTH for song without a music video... sad.gif New Look irritatingly got a video! LMAO

Anywhere < AGREED

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 1 2020, 06:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
I'd start with Lonely Together out of those, Hot Right Now has quite a lot of casual support which could be a big help!

For "worst single"... we could refer to Rita's bottom 3 sellers and send R.I.P. 2.0? Do we think that stands a better chance than Shine Ya Light? I'm not actually sure!

Cashmere for bonus track, Soul Survivor for ballad, Better Than You for non top 75!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 1 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #5
Group icon
As you both know (or at least I should hope you do laugh.gif) we have updated the collaboration rules a lil.

> Self explanatory.

For collaborations where one artist has collaborated with another artist with an artist forum then the LEAD ARTIST has priority (examples: Britney feat. Madonna, Britney gets it over Madonna, Lady Gaga gets Telephone over Beyonce etc..)

However, if it's a joint credit then unfortunately it's a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis (example: Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss - it's a fight to the death!) <
Doesn't impact us anyway!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 3 2020, 02:05 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Do we have any final thoughts on this? People are suggesting Poison but I do kinda worry about that :')

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 3 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I don't feel safe with 'Poison' either :')

I think we should try and push the incentive that judging by the categories, HRN/LT would be better off in this round.

I'd love to be optimistic about 'Poison' but I can't lmao!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 3 2020, 03:01 PM
Post #8
Group icon
We get the final say anyway tbf so if we want Lonely Together or HRN, we can overrule! kink.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 3 2020, 04:57 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Just gonna wait for Jay to confirm he's with us and send one of those two.

I'm really concerned that 'Poison' won't do much sad.gif

I'd opt for HRN out of the two though?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 3 2020, 05:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I think HRN has the better chance later down the line with the casual audience, so I'd say Lonely Together now!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 3 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #11
Group icon
True. But I always get so surprised by HOW popular LT is. LMAO. But the sooner we get rid of that the better for me lmao oop

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 3 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I'm :') at all the people suggesting Poison! Maybe they want us to be in the triple elimination kink.gif

I'd be happier with Lonely Together as a first choice!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 3 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Okay are we happy with LT? *.*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 3 2020, 07:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Yep. Will add it later biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 3 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #15
Group icon
cheer.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post May 3 2020, 07:40 PM
Post #16
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
looking at some of the ppl suggesting poison and their suggestions across other artists, don't pay much attention tbh kink.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 3 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #17
Group icon
People trying to sabotage AFs by suggesting dud choices? cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
lotita
post May 3 2020, 08:43 PM
Post #18
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
i am QUESTIONING cameron telling ariana to send into you for ROUND ONE frankie.png hence why i'm not taking the poison suggestion seriously x

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 6 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Round 8 is no longer Sabotage.

ROUND 8: ALBUM CLOSER
> An ALBUM TRACK that closed either a standard OR deluxe version of the album. NO singles (example: One Direction can't send 'History' but can instead send 'I Want to Write You A Song' from that album if they wish to do so). <
Our options are: (I'm ignoring remixes + going by Wiki)

ORA:
- Hello, Hi, Goodbye
- Meet Ya [Digital & Japanese Deluxe Edition]

Phoenix:
- Hell Of A Life
- Soul Survivor [Deluxe Edition]

---

Not many choices to choose from.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 6 2020, 07:14 PM
Post #20
Group icon
None of them are my favourites. I think SS would be best, but I believe we're using that in another round, right?

I suggested HHG for ballad album track round, so maybe use that and then use SS later on? I'm really not confident in HHG tbh. FFS RITA! RELEASE AN EPIC BALLAD ON AN ALBUM FFS.

How do we think 'Falling To Pieces' would fair as a ballad track?

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:52 PM