BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Is Rihanna the black Madonna?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 26th May 2020, 11:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Rihanna has spoken many times about her love for Madonna and not only that, she’s said how she wants to be known as the black Madge ohmy.gif Does she, or rather CAN SHE live up to this?

Rih’s 15 years into her career, and she’s got an album coming this year (fingers crossed) which has an abundance of hype and excitement. I don’t know as much of Madonna’s back catalogue as I should sad.gif But I do know that 15 years into her career she re-invented herself with Ray Of Light. I mean that’s just basic gay knowledge xx If Rihanna’s new album lives up to the hype after a gap like this, the comparison between Rihanna and Madonna would be strengthened imo. She’s already at that stage where no matter what she releases, she’s a legend who’ll be remembered WELL for ever, she’s the 21st most listened to artist on Spotify with no music in four years but can she possibly compare to Madonna in the future, at all?

Interested to see what Madonna stans think!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 26th May 2020, 12:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

As a massive fan of both artists I really don’t see Rihanna in any way to be similar to Madonna so I’d say no.

I think they’re both versatile enough to have albums what sound absolutely nothing like one another but I think Madonna is a lot more focused on creating her music herself. Rihanna is getting to that point now but it wasn’t always the case for her.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 26th May 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I mean I understand the point of all that... but can't she just be 'Rihanna'? We don't need "black Madonna" just as much as we don't need "white Rihanna" laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 26th May 2020, 05:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

QUOTE(Dexton @ May 26 2020, 03:39 PM) *
I mean I understand the point of all that... but can't she just be 'Rihanna'? We don't need "black Madonna" just as much as we don't need "white Rihanna" laugh.gif

I get you but the reason I started this thread was that she’d specifically said she wanted to be the black Madonna kink.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 27th May 2020, 04:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

QUOTE(Andrew. @ May 27 2020, 01:08 AM) *
I get you but the reason I started this thread was that she’d specifically said she wanted to be the black Madonna kink.gif

Oh yeah I know, I mean if it’s what she wants then sure go ahead Rih you’ve earned it but you’ve also earned a legacy of your own already! wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:06 AM