BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> All the Lovers ● 10 years on, ❤️🏳️‍🌈
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 2nd June 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

This month marks 10 years since Kylie released 'All the Lovers' as the lead single to her eleventh studio album Aphrodite. The glistening electro-pop/disco production is the perfect backdrop for Kylie's celebratory message of embracing love, heightened by the euphoric, hands-in-the-air chorus and explosive, middle-8 breakdown - it's quintessential Kylie!

The music video shows a flash mob of couples building a pyramid of love-making in which Kylie erupts from as the Goddess of Love. It's a saucy concept but is executed with such sensitivity and allows the beauty of love and affection to shine. Director Joseph Kahn revealed that requests were made to remove any same-sex contact. Kylie refused.

10 years on, what are your thoughts on the single now?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 2nd June 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Kylie was the dream artist to work with. First as a specimen of female, she is a joy to photograph. The camera can do no wrong. Her eyes always twinkle. But on top of that, she is extraordinarily collaborative and supportive. She really loves and understand directors, and once she understands the vision, she completely nurtures you to go for it. The craziest thing was she never watched herself on playback! That’s brilliant. Instead of cosmetics, she’s performing from a pure emotional core. Very few artists trust that instinct or have that ability.

When I turned in the edit, someone at the label wanted to recut the whole video. He just didn’t understand it, nor was he willing to listen to me or anyone else. The re-edit was going to be a disaster. But Kylie stepped in and shut that weirdo down COMPLETELY.

This is one of my favorite videos I did last year, and one of my favorites ever really. The message Kylie wanted to say with this video is important, and I am lucky to have worked with her on it.
- Director Joseph Kahn

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 2nd June 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

It sounds as good today as it did 10 years ago.loved this from the sec I heard it and still do.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 2nd June 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

All the lovers is a complete triumph and one of her best songs ever!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd June 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
User: 13,007

This was such a moment at Brighton Pride last year! The entire park was in awe, I was in tears. What a beautiful song and one that seems to get better with age (or maybe that's because I become more aware of its beauty as I get older, i'm not sure). Either way, pure love heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 2nd June 2020, 06:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I’m a casual fan of Kylie but this song is stunning wub.gif

One of her very best for me

+Quote this post
vibe
post 2nd June 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

In my top 3

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 2nd June 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392

Such a great song and video, can’t believe it’s ten years ago since we first heard it. Still fresh.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd June 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

My favourite Kylie song and one of my favourite songs of the last decade. Absolutely sublime. I get chills whenever I listen to it and just love reveling in all it's euphoria and joy!

Sensational wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 2nd June 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

So much love in this thread! wub.gif

I still remember the first time hearing a 30 second preview in the album announcement video which was of the post-middle 8 breakdown and thinking it was the most euphoric piece of music I had ever heard! The complete song, the video, the promotion - everything was so uplifting and joyous which really resonated with me, even more so with this being the first Kylie single I had properly followed the unveiling and promotional campaign for. It soundtracked my summer 2010 and remains so fresh today, which is quite remarkable considering how most of 2010's music has dated.

It was a huge highlight on the Golden Tour - the moment the confetti cannons fire at the breakdown was incredible, like I was in my own little bubble of happiness and nothing could touch it.

I was listening to it today as part of the Buzzjack Pride playlist in The Lounge and with that context in mind it really moved me. It's such an important song. heart.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 2nd June 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

I really like the song, it’s sounds amazing live and has connected with the general public and one which most people seem to know and like - it really was a high point for Kylie.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 2nd June 2020, 10:50 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Great to see so many other fans of all the lovers. I agree it's amazing live and it always connects strongly when she sings it.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 3rd June 2020, 09:52 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It was a proud moment to be a Kylie fan, it felt like she'd really transcended outside her traditional fanbase with something. Shame it was her last properly big chart hit.

I'm not sure where I'd rank it in her singles discography, but it becomes more and more special over time for me. So euphoric.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 3rd June 2020, 10:03 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

I am a big Kylie fan, but this song for me is most definitely the highlight of her back catalogue, what an amazing song. It has such a euphoric and joyful vibe, I love the instrumental part in the middle and it still gives me so much pleasure.

The video is also fantastic, what a way to start an era.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 3rd June 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jun 3 2020, 11:03 AM) *
I am a big Kylie fan, but this song for me is most definitely the highlight of her back catalogue, what an amazing song. It has such a euphoric and joyful vibe, I love the instrumental part in the middle and it still gives me so much pleasure.

The video is also fantastic, what a way to start an era.

This echoes my own feelings towards All The Lovers.
A massive standout moment in Kylie's career.
The song has aged like a fine wine and remains ever so refreshing 10 years on from its release.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd June 2020, 12:41 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It's an all round very popular song and kylie always nails the song when performing it live, she really gets into the song.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 3rd June 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Perhaps her career highlight. What a beautiful song. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd June 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Its def one of her very high career highlight for me, i really love some of the live versions of it more than the actual studio version.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 3rd June 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

That performance is such a stellar performance of a Kylie great.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd June 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

so many great performances of all the lovers that i love

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »