BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How familiar are you with ORA?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jun 23 2020, 10:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Okay, let's own up. I'm sure most of the regular visitors to this forum will have heard Phoenix (and if not, why not??? ohmy.gif), but how many of you guys have heard Rita's debut album? Do you know it especially well? When did you last listen to it? What are your favourite songs from it? ohmy.gif

I listened when it came out and really enjoyed it! It's absolutely rough around the edges but it showed a lot of promise, and I remember saying at the time that I was confident Rita would improve with a second album. If only I knew how long it would take to arrive! laugh.gif I've not heard it in full in AGES, I only really go back to the singles now but there were some good album tracks too - Uneasy, Been Lying and Hello Hi Goodbye are all pretty solid.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 23 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
The only songs I know are Hot Right Now and R.I.P, idek the other #1 single tearsmile.gif I loved Phoenix and I love Rita so I really SHOULD check it out.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 23 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 23 2020, 11:51 PM) *
The only songs I know are Hot Right Now and R.I.P, idek the other #1 single tearsmile.gif I loved Phoenix and I love Rita so I really SHOULD check it out.

What??? ohmy.gif It's my favourite from this album!! A brilliant, carefree pop track.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 23 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 23 2020, 11:53 PM) *
What??? ohmy.gif It's my favourite from this album!! A brilliant, carefree pop track.

I'm sure it is, I've just never heard it for some reason! Although this album sold well I think Phoenix will go down as her most remembered era with the GP, the only song I ever hear in public from ORA is R.I.P.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Jun 23 2020, 11:09 PM
Post #5
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 23 2020, 11:55 PM) *
I'm sure it is, I've just never heard it for some reason! Although this album sold well I think Phoenix will go down as her most remembered era with the GP, the only song I ever hear in public from ORA is R.I.P.

Don’t bother with How We Do, Radioactive however!!!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 24 2020, 12:13 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Hot Right Now remains her best chart topper in the UK but aside form that It’s just an ok album.

Rough round the edges is a fitting description tbh.

Been Lying and Hello Hi Goodbye are cute and Love and War is also good too but she really stepped up after this era for me not just Phoenix but what we got before Phoenix too.

The other singles from this though RIP, How We Do, Shine Ya Light and Radioactive don’t do much for me how. I’d say Radioactive is the best of those in 2020. I did used to love R.I.P though I remember I seen the trend on Twitter back in 2012 and I legit thought she’d died before she even released an album but it was just the hashtag for the single laugh.gif laugh.gif

It’s one of those albums where it’s like because it’s a debut album you can be a bit more lenient towards it and look at it fondly in a way like it shows promise but it’s not there yet. But yeah hopefully this will remain her weakest solo album laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post Jun 24 2020, 06:29 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 72,030
I remember hearing the singles on the radio, but have never listened to the album, oops. I only really got deep into music in 2015 so missed her first era. I really enjoyed Phoenix so should probs go and give it a listen.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post Jun 24 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392
I have listened few times the album, but nothing has stood me as did tracks from Phoenix. I know singles very well and that's all.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 25 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I only know the singles and it's a dreadful era (aside from 'Radioactive' which is OK if you're drunk).

Thankfully she's improved leaps and bounds since then.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Dec 20 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 25 2020, 08:42 PM) *
I only know the singles and it's a dreadful era (aside from 'Radioactive' which is OK if you're drunk).

Thankfully she's improved leaps and bounds since then.

I actually really liked Radioactive at the time it was #1 in my personal chart for a few weeks. I thought the chorus was rather epic. I liked Shine Ya Light, and RIP, so all the singles I liked apart from how We Do (Party) which I found a bit cheesy and too poppy.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:20 AM