BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your Rihanna collection, CDs, merchandise~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 28th June 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

What Rihanna items do you own? *.*

This week I won a promo CD of Princess of China on eBay! I've wanted to own it since 2012, but it was always highly sought after and the prices skyrocketed quickly. I had long since resigned myself to never owning it, so I'm very pleased that I finally have it - and it only cost £15 with postage! wub.gif The cheapest copy on Discogs at the moment is £65! ohmy.gif Anyway, receiving this CD made me feel like looking at my collection of Rihanna CDs. I had forgotten that I had so many! ohmy.gif

Here's a list of everything I have. Unless I've said otherwise, it's a UK item!

Albums - CD
Music of the Sun
A Girl Like Me
Good Girl Gone Bad [2xCD with Bonus Dance Remixes disc, Digipak case - European]
Good Girl Gone Bad [Super jewel box case] (The hype sticker says: "Move over Beyoncé" tearsmile.gif )
Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded [Super jewel box case] (It only says 'Reloaded' on the hype sticker - and unlike the digital version cover with the green background, the CD background is grey)
Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded [Standard jewel case] (Bar the difference in plastic case, it's the same as the above release)
Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded [CD/DVD, Super jewel box case, card sleeve with alternative artwork]
Good Girl Gone Bad: The Remixes [Standard jewel case] (previously available as a Super jewel box case, but I don't have that)
Rated R
Rated R [HMV Slipcase, Limited Edition] (it's essentially a black card case with simply the 'R' logo on the front)
Loud [Deluxe CD/DVD]
Talk That Talk [Standard CD]
Talk That Talk [Deluxe CD]
Unapologetic [Deluxe CD/DVD, with slipcase - exclusive to Ticketmaster, possibly] (it's literally the normal artwork on the slipcase, kind of pointless)
ANTI [Deluxe CD]

^ I'm not sure why I ended up with so many different copies of Good Girl Gone Bad! The obsession!

Singles - CD
Pon De Replay [CD1]
Pon De Replay [CD2]
If It's Lovin' That You Want
SOS
Unfaithful
We Ride
Umbrella
Shut Up and Drive
Hate That I Love You
Don't Stop the Music [Australia] (I can't remember why I didn't just get the UK CD!)
Take a Bow
If I Never See Your Face Again [Australia]
Disturbia [Australia]
Live Your Life
Rehab [Germany]
Run This Town [Germany]
Russian Roulette [Australia]
Rude Boy [Germany]
Te Amo [Germany]
Love the Way You Lie [Germany] (At least I'm fairly certain this was released in Germany, but it could have been released throughout Europe)
Only Girl (In the World)
Only Girl (In the World) [Germany] (This has the Extended Club Remix as its 2nd track, whereas the UK version's 2nd track is the Instrumental)
What's My Name? [Germany]
Who's That Chick? [Germany]
S&M [Germany]
California King Bed [Germany]
Fly [Promo CD]
We Found Love [Germany]
You Da One [Germany]
Talk That Talk [France]
Princess of China [Promo CD]
Where Have You Been [Germany]
Diamonds [Germany]
Stay [Germany]
Right Now [Germany]
The Monster [Germany]
Can't Remember to Forget You [Germany]
FourFiveSeconds [Germany]
Love on the Brain [Germany]
Wild Thoughts [Germany]

...I probably should have said "Unless I've said otherwise, it's a German item!" laugh.gif I love that Germany continued with CD singles for way longer than the UK, but sadly they've cut down on the number of releases in recent years, as you can see from the ANTI era only getting Love on the Brain on CD (how random). By the way, I have a friend who lives in Germany who bought all those releases for me wub.gif

Vinyl
Rihanna [Box Set of her 8 studio albums]

DVD
Good Girl Gone Bad Live
Loud Tour Live at The O2

+ I have the tour programmes for her 2007 and 2013 tours.

I think that's everything I have! Typing that up made me think about how old the majority of those releases are, like 8-15 years old. Geri.png

Regarding the singles: that's pretty close to owning every single of hers that actually has a CD format (at least those that have a sleeve and a proper CD. I'm not fussed about CD-R releases, for example Rockstar, because it's sometimes hard to tell whether they're official or fake - they can be easy for eBay sellers to fake). I browsed through her Discogs pages, and it seems the only single of hers with a CD single that I don't own is 'Roll It'. I'm not sure if I've actually ever heard that song! laugh.gif

As a fan of hers and someone who liked to buy CD singles, it was a shame that her label shied away from releasing them in the UK quite early on, after Take a Bow. Randomly Only Girl in the World came out on CD here after nothing for the Rated R era, and then nothing after that. When it comes to her more recently released singles, I'm still surprised that This Is What You Came For and Work weren't released on CD in Germany. Otherwise Lemon has a 7" vinyl, but honestly I don't like that song enough to own it on vinyl. kink.gif

When it comes to albums, for some reason I've never got around to buying Rated R - Remixed.

I should take a picture of my collection at some point!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 28th June 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Mines quite tame compared to yours!

I’ve got

1x physical copy of Music Of The Sun plus an iTunes copy
1x copy of A Girl Like Me
1x copy of GGGB standard and then the re release on CD
3x Rated R on cd
3x physicals of Loud plus a digital copy
1x TTT standard and 1x deluxe both on cd
1x Unapologetic deluxe on cd
1x ANTI deluxe on CD plus a digital copy

Singles wise I have or had on CD

SOS
Umbrella
Disturbia

I bought
Russian Roulette
Rude Boy
Te Amo
Only Girl
Whats My Name
S&M
We Found Love
Diamonds

As singles on iTunes

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 28th June 2020, 03:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

You got the Vinyl boxset Jay cheeseblock.png I’ve always NEEDED that but it’s got too expensive, on Amazon I think it’s actually cheaper to buy all 8 vinyls separately which I’m hoping to have by Christmas.

Imma seem like such a flop fan lmao laugh.gif

I have:
- Talk That Talk Standard CD [From Ireland on a residential trip in 2016]
- ANTI Standard CD

- Music Of The Sun Vinyl
- Unapologetic Vinyl
- ANTI Vinyl

I may have a few more CDs kicking around somewhere but I took so little care of my CD collection until this year :’( Half of them are in a dusty box under my bed, I actually took about 30 of them out and cleaned them the other week. I don’t really listen to CDs but I’ll play my vinyl like once a week laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:56 PM