BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nobody Else - Front Cover
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
nirvanamusic
post Jul 2 2020, 09:42 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,950
   No Gallery Pics

What are other thoughts on this?

It is my favourite 90s album from them, due to the maturity and deeper songwriting from Gary, in my opinion.

However now as an adult, I feel the front cover featuring the dolls and child like items, Teddy, crayon etc, does album a disservice to an older and new potential audience.

Even though they are very much brooding and on complete other end of spectrum, less fun more serious on US album cover. I feel I like this image as a front cover more, you don't know what to epect from the album. The dolls cover seems a bit juvenile perhaps and doesn't represent depth of album to a non fan.

As fans we know it is a great album, thoughts?

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Jul 2 2020, 09:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 3 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I dont like the cover all that much as it doesn't tie in with the mature sound on the album from their previous 2 albums. Until wonderland came along nobody else was my least fave album from them but it's now my 2nd least although never forget is one of their best ever singles. I know sure went number 1 so I'm prob wrong in saying it should never have been the lead single but i think never forget or back for good should have been the lead single and the album would have sold more. I think sure is one of their most forgettable singles.

+Quote Post
nirvanamusic
post Jul 3 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 16,950
   No Gallery Pics

I agree for the tone and progression, even if fans wanted pure pop still, cover mis-represents maturity. They should have flipped pictures in booklet had the pensive all 5, black background as cover and dolls image inside cover of booklet.

I don't like the version of Never Forget on the album. The Jim Steinman single remix, globally known, is far superior for me and money well spent. There is no way the single would be as iconic or mark TT out as different without the Steinman boombast.

Take That & Party is my least favourite album, it sounds like a big confusion of ideas, production, vocals and lack of identity. Again, Could It Be Magic and Why Can't I Wake Up With You would have gone nowhere without the remixes, in my opinion.

It Only Takes a Minute, A Million Love Songs, Promises and Give Good Feeling, I feel being only songs which have stood test of time. Take That and Party also holds a certain charm still also.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Jul 3 2020, 03:08 PM

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jul 5 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The album version of Never Forgets comes no where near the magic of the single version that we now love.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:16 AM