BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Favourite Taylor album closer?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Favourite Taylor album closer?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 26 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
After Taylor has given us the iconic love triangle three-way songs on folklore, this weekend coming to the Taylor forum is the three-way poll series! This will consist of:

1) Favourite opening track on Taylor's albums
2) Favourite lead single song + lead single video
3) Best album closer

So here we are finishing with the favourite closing track, I've not linked the songs on here but there all on Spotify for y'all to listen to! <3 I've only included the standard album closers here
(yes we have two songs competing in two of the polls -> and this is the one neither of them are in!)

I hope y'all enjoy, and let alone just voting also comment and discuss!! did each album have the perfect closer for you? would you replace any of these songs with different album closers?

The first poll is your favourite track. However I decided to add a second poll, which is what one of these is the most effective as an album closer for you?

Taylor's Opening Tracks:
Our Song from Taylor Swift
Change from Fearless
Long Live from Speak Now
Begin Again from Red
Clean from 1989
New Year's Day from reputation
Daylight from Lover
hoax from folklore
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 27 2020, 12:02 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Clean is definitely my favourite wub.gif

New Year's Day is most effective though!

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Jul 27 2020, 05:26 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
hoax. wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 28 2020, 02:44 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
favourite:

8) Change
7) Begin Again
6) New Year's Day
5) hoax
4) Clean
3) Our Song
2) Long Live
1) Daylight

damn that was so tough!!!! change is easily last and everything else is +9/10.

honestly all of clean/hoax/NYD/BA could be in a different order if I was in a dif mood, tho I think BA probs is 7th.

again the top 3 are so close (and honestly the 4 behind aren't that far off), I feel all 7 of them would be within about 15-20 places of each other in a Taylor discography ranking for me! I've gone for daylight tho which is an utterly stunning closer with one of her best bridges <3 long live is legit just right behind, incredible song lyrically and our song is such a f***ing bop, I'm gutted it has 0 votes

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 28 2020, 02:47 AM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
album closer:

8) change
7) hoax
6) our song

5) begin again
4) daylight
3) clean
2) New Years day
1) long live

pretty easy bottom 3. Change is a bleh last track, it lowkey feels like a bonus track. The best day should've closed fearless. Hoax is a stunning album closer but part of me thinks peace could've actually worked better as the last song? and our song is a nice round off to the album that started her career but it feels like a first few songs of the album track haha

the top 5 is SO SO close, legit inseparable. begin again, daylight and clean all complete the journeys of their albums beautifully with clear messages. and then it's a deadlock between NYD and Long Live at the top. NYD is such a beautiful, calm closer to reputation + contains one of her best lyrics & is just the perfect end. but long live is so euphoric, so meaningful and really has so much impact as an album closer and listening to it now and seeing what she's achieved, it just works perfectly as the album closer.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:28 AM