BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Champion jockey Oisin Murphy positive drugs test
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Oct 1 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Champion jockey Oisin Murphy has tested positive for cocaine and says he will "fight to clear my name".

The 25-year-old Irishman denies taking the drug and says he is awaiting the result of a B sample following the test in France in July.

Murphy, who is number one jockey for Qatar Racing and on course to retain his championship, faces a six-month ban if he is found to have taken the drug.

He said subsequent hair tests have found no trace of the substance.

"I have never taken cocaine in my life and I will do everything that I can to prove that I have not taken cocaine," he said.

"I want to thank those who are supporting me and in the meantime I want to keep riding winners and focus on my career."

The jockey enjoyed a landmark success in June when winning the 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket aboard Kameko, trained by Andrew Balding.

He returned the positive test in a urine sample at Chantilly Racecourse on 19 July but has been allowed to continue riding while further investigations take place.

After being informed on 19 August by France Galop that his A sample had metabolites of cocaine, he organised for an independent laboratory to undertake hair tests, which were negative.

Murphy, who is due to have four rides at Chelmsford's evening meeting on Thursday, leads the 2020 Flat Jockeys Championship with 111 winners - 13 ahead of nearest rival William Buick.

I'm quite shocked about the news of this.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Nov 27 2020, 03:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Champion jockey Oisin Murphy has been banned for 3 months after testing positive for cocaine. The 25-year-old has always denied taking the drug + appeared before a disciplinary hearing on Wednesday. France Galop report: "The duration of the ban will be set at 3 months"

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Nov 30 2020, 02:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Murphy testified that he had sex with a woman on the eve of racing and later discovered she was an occasional cocaine user.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Nov 30 2020, 02:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Haha what a way to have to deny culpability laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:02 AM