BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dangerous Woman: 5 Years On, 11th March 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Mar 11 2021, 12:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
UK chart-run: 17-25-25-24-25-24-28-21-17-24-19-25-37-44-51-60-65-68-75-69-74

Today marks five years since Ariana kicked off her 'Dangerous Woman' era! Uncertainty was in the air after 'Focus' was chucked out and then 'Moonlight' was whispered as an album title. But 'Focus' would turn out to be a standalone single and 'Moonlight' relegated to the title of the opening track on Ariana's 3rd studio album. Instead, this record would boldly be called 'Dangerous Woman' and the lead would go by the same name. A now 22-year-old Ariana was ready for a more grown up image. 'Dangerous Woman' was a slight shift in sound as it incorporated rock elements on top of her usual pop and R&B. It has an arena rock style chorus and even a guitar solo during the middle 8. Ariana gives an extremely powerful vocal performance following this portion. 'Dangerous Woman' charted at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #17 here in the United Kingdom. This lowly peak is made up for by a lengthy run and healthy sales - especially aided by the streaming ratio at the time. It is a platinum selling single here with over 700,000 sales to its name. The glamorous music video is her tenth most watched with over 600 million views.

How do you feel about 'Dangerous Woman' 5 years on?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Mar 11 2021, 12:00 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
I remember not being entirely fussed about this at the time although an improvement on 'Focus'. However, it has massively grown on me over the years. I really appreciate the rock elements and the incredible vocal performance she gives. I think hearing her tackle it live really cemented a newfound love for it. THIS ERA <3

Such a low peak for an Ariana lead but the song doesn't really sound like a smash in the way 'Into You' (robbed!) and 'Side To Side' did. 13 weeks top 40 and a platinum certification were great achievements for it. The chart trajectory for this era was interesting with the peaks improving each time from first to third single.

it's blowing my mind that this was 5 years ago drama.gif definitely reminds me of my first year of Uni and 4Music spamming it during the early days of my meet-ups with Bray laugh.gif

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Mar 11 2021, 12:04 AM
Post #3
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 11 2021, 12:00 AM) *
I remember not being entirely fussed about this at the time although an improvement on 'Focus'. However, it has massively grown on me over the years. I really appreciate the rock elements and the incredible vocal performance she gives. I think hearing her tackle it live really cemented a newfound love for it. THIS ERA <3

Such a low peak for an Ariana lead but the song doesn't really sound like a smash in the way 'Into You' (robbed!) and 'Side To Side' did. 13 weeks top 40 and a platinum certification were great achievements for it. The chart trajectory for this era was interesting with the peaks improving each time from first to third single.

it's blowing my mind that this was 5 years ago drama.gif definitely reminds me of my first year of Uni and 4Music spamming it during the early days of my meet-ups with Bray laugh.gif

I'm shocked seeing it's chart position!

side to side was my first ari song to make me notice her so love this album by proxy

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 11 2021, 12:48 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Such an underrated song, I think. I feel like it isn't loved as much as it should be! So mature and so... BIG in it's sound. It was quite a risk, but I think she pulled it off incredibly. Probably her best in terms of all out vocals. A powerhouse in vocal performance.

...and of course:

114m+ views. Extraordinary heart.gif (The guitar solo part is adorable!)

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Mar 11 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
It definitely proved to be a grower from the first listen, that second verse is wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post Mar 11 2021, 03:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Alone and wounded
QUOTE(Tafty @ Mar 11 2021, 12:48 AM) *

114m+ views. Extraordinary heart.gif (The guitar solo part is adorable!)

Didn't realise that had so many views ohmy.gif deserved, what a phenomenal vocalist wub.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Mar 11 2021, 04:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
HALF A DECADE?! This song is so phenomenal, It should have been as huge as 'Skyfall', it gives me that 'Bond Theme' kind of thing and I second what others have said that I wasn't too fussed at first, but now I'm upset with myself how low it is on my most played Ariana songs, it falls @ #15 one space BELOW 'Focus'. HOW?!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Mar 11 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
One of my all-time favourites of hers heart.gif Her performances of it on tour are always stand out moments. It still hurts that it peaked so low in the chaft.

I just watched that A capella video again before and her vocals are insane wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Mar 11 2021, 09:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I never really warmed to this. Probs because I prefer Focus and am petty.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:23 AM