BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Uhsting's Top 50: Week 14 (3/4), The chart is back! Chart history can be viewed on Crownnote
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 4th April 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Uhsting's Top 50

After almost half a year of hiatus due to real-life issues when I am super busy with university and other stuff, I'm finally back with writing forum posts on my chart! I still listen to music during the busy times on a reduced playlist but there are still a lot of great findings. If you want to look back at all the weeks of Uhsting's Chart while I was away, head over to Crownnote and keep clicking the "Previous Chart" button.

Unfortunately, I have no time to create video charts since they take up a lot of time and the copyright issues on YouTube would not provide good viewing experience, hence I think it will be better to write more in the forum posts to introduce different not-so-frequently-heard songs in the chart!

gold.gif LANKS - The Silence

Taking the first place this week is LANKS's The Silence. LANKS previously reached no. 1 at the last week of 2020 with KING and The Silence is his second song in the chart, which is a great achievement! I love the mellowness of the song, coupled with emotional melody and lyrics. It flows and progresses well. The Silence is co-written by LANKS and RY X. It talks about how they need to "break away from each other" in a consuming love relationship.

Chart history: 22-14-9-6-2-1

newup.png 2. Gjon's Tears - Tout l'univers

Rising one position is Gjon's Tears heartfelt Tout l'univers. The progression and instrumentation of this song are very strong and it makes me feel quite emotional. This song also showcases Gjon's Tears strong vocals, especially that high note in the final chorus! It is a strong contender for winning Eurovision this year and I hope he does win it for Switzerland! The song is about staying strong despite the difficult circumstances. "With love, friendship, strength and courage, we can rebuild our future."

Chart history: 4-3-2

newup.png 3. Noirκve ft. Giulia Foddai - Summer Don't Go

Debutted at no. 10 last week, this song breaks into the top 3 with a different type of ballad you are seeing in the top 10. It doesn't sound as grandiose as others in this chart, but certainly the minimal vibe it has is captivating in its own right, particularly the haunting repeating piano chords. Summer Don't Go is actually the first track of Noirκve since her hiatus in 2018.

Chart history: 10-3

newdown.png 4. Jamala - Like a Hero

Dropping from the first place is Jamala's Like a Hero, I am pleasantly surprised upon the first listen of this song. This is spectacularly produced and she definitely nailed those extremely high notes. The melody is haunting and strong, especially coupled with her vocals. This song is included in her latest album МИ.

Chart history: 2-1-4

newup.png 5. Destiny - Je me casse

After the top 4 is dominated by ballads, Je me casse wrapped up the top 5 as a banger. I really like the style and instrumentation of the song, and the chorus is very catchy. This reminds me of Fifth Harmony back in the days but this is more modern as well. This song is about women are powerful and independent, and "to never give up on themselves and feel comfortable in their own skin".

Chart history: 14-5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
newright.png 6. Max Richter ft. Mari Samuelsen, Robert Ziegler – Follower (17-6-6)

Follower stays at no. 6. Max Richter is a contemporary classical composer and is currently releasing tracks from Voices 2, his upcoming album. This track is hauntingly beautiful, driven by the downward D natural minor scale in the bass.

newdown.png 7. Shamir – Ocean Eyes (17-20-14-5-7)

Shamir has its own rendition of Billie Eilish's Ocean Eyes. The arrangement is quite different from the original song with a lot more synths. Shamir is noted for his androgynous countertenor voice and his vocals are very strong in this song and I really enjoy that in this song.

newright.png 8. VICTORIA – imaginary friend (11-2-1-7-8-8)

The arguably more popular potential song to represent Bulgaria in Eurovision stays in the top 10 at the same position. The lyrics relate a lot to me and the instrumentation also gets me too. I'm sure this song will do as well for her if it were to represent Bulgaria.

newup.png 9. Charles – He Knows (11-9)

Breaking into the top 10 is Charles's He Knows. This is by far the most successful single from her in the chart, as it became the highest charted song under her name. The structure is special and I really like the later half of the song where the song builds up with the inclusion of more instruments and a different effect applied to her vocal. This is thoughtfully produced.

newdown.png 10. Isyana Sarasvati – IL SOGNO (11-7-10)

This is probably the most unique song in the top 10 this week. It combines the elements of opera singing and metal music brilliantly. Isyana Sarasvati was named the "Best Composer of the Year" by MAMA Awards back in 2017 and her arrangement and composition are strong and well-connected in this song.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
newup.png 11. Kyns – I can never be (26-18-21-11)
newup.png 12. Hana Oceans – Austers (19-15-12)
newup.png 13. Dean Lewis – Falling Up (18-23-33-13)
newup.png 14. iRO – Yesterday’s News (40-16-14)
newup.png 15. salem ilese – (L)only Child (39-15)

Joint biggest jump alongside Stray, (L)only Child grew a lot due to the memorable and catchy instrumental hook. This song is also concise and packs the usual ABABCB structure in 2 minutes and 29 seconds, which is remarkable! I think the other song did that was mags's music doesn't even help, which is another good song.

newup.png 16. Senhit – Adrenalina (29-19-16)
newdown.png 17. VICTORIA – growing up is getting old (13-4-2-1-12-17)
newdown.png 18. Cmqmartina – se mi pieghi non mi spezzi (30-18)
newup.png 19. Mark Clennon, Rainer + Grimm – Stray (43-19)

This grew on me a lot in the last few days. I got into the style and the arrangement of this song is special. The melody is introspective and the instrumentation is neat too. The vocals of Mark Clennon are strong and emotional as well.
newup.png 20. Primo – Do It Again (27-32-20)

newdown.png 21. Nathalie Brydolf – Fingerprints (5-3-3-4-21)
newup.png 22. Cassyette – Dear Goth (37-24-22)
newup.png 23. La rappresentante di lista – Amare (27-12-26-23)
newup.png 24. Black Honey – Disinfect (34-31-28-35-24)
newup.png 25. Hidden Citizens, Katie Herzig – I Follow (38-25)
newup.png 26. Manizha – RUSSIAN WOMAN (47-26)
newdown.png 27. Paul Rey – The Missing Piece (26-34-31-16-27)
newright.png 28. Anxhela Peristeri – Karma (28-28)
newup.png 29. CΙLINE – Hotel (15-XX-42-29)
newne.png 30. Shalisa – Karma (30)

Although this song is the lowest ranked highest new entry in a while, this song is a banger! The chorus is very catchy. Even though I don't understand Dutch at all, I could feel the music flowing!
newne.png 31. Ilse DeLange – I Will Help You (31)
newdown.png 32. Irama – La genesi del tuo colore (47-20-18-32)
newup.png 33. LP – One Last Time (44-33)
newdown.png 34. Lilith Czar, Juliet Simms – King (23-12-6-5-9-34)
newne.png 35. Tayler Buono – IFHU (35)

Tayler Buono was once a mainstay in my chart half a decade ago and this is a great banger from her. Her style in this song is very different to what I know and I really like this new style!
newdown.png 36. Rone, Yael Naim – Breathe In (27-36)
newne.png 37. Motez ft. The Kite String Tangle – Give Me Space (37)
newdown.png 38. Winning Team – Where I Belong (36-38)
newne.png 39. Architects, Mike Kerr – Little Wonder (39)
newdown.png 40. Confetti – Rush (8-10-29-40)
newne.png 41. Reiley – Let It Ring (41)
newne.png 42. Florian Kunstler – Halbe Liebe (42)
newne.png 43. KOKO, Nina Chuba, Dillistone – 22s (43)
newdown.png 44. Natalia Gordienko – Sugar (29-36-25-44)
newdown.png 45. ABREU – 20 Ave Mariaa (12-35-22-45)
newdown.png 46. Mεneskin – ZITTI E BUONI (33-23-46)
newne.png 47. Lil Nas X – MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) (47)
newdown.png 48. George Glew – Satellites (45-48)
newne.png 49. Stealth, Aslove – So So Young (49)

This just made the top 50 but it's extremely catchy!
newdown.png 50. ROSIE – Retail Therapy (19-18-20-4-8-34-50)

51. Nohanna – Aidinaidin raivolla
52. BATHSHEBA – LALA
53. Mathieu Des Longchamps – Mademoiselle Tomovic
54. Saint Nomad – Stay
55. TWIN XL – Slow Heart
56. Shadowkey, Britt Lari – Next One
57. Wild Youth – Can’t Say No
58. Andreas Moss – Real Love
59. Imagine Dragons – Follow You
60. Daughtry – Heavy Is The Crown
61. Loney Dear – Mute / All things pass
62. Lola Young – Ruin My Make Up
63. Kings Elliot – Bitter Tonic
64. Sofi Bonde – On Fire
65. Seori – Lovers In The Night
66. Airmow, Silent Child – Now I’m Just A Ghost
67. Alessia Labate, R I V I E R A – Conversations with Myself
68. BANNERS – If I Didn’t Have You
69. INGEBORG – Hjertebank
70. Newfamiliar – Here For You
71. Mimi Webb – Good Without
72. Ruben – Running
73. Pola Rise, Andy Ward – Don’t You Love Me
74. AJ Mitchell – CAMERAS ON
75. Dubdogz, Ida Corr, HEDEGAARD – Hotel Fellatio
76. Klingande ft. Rogelio – Better Man
77. Redondo, Voost ft. SHELLS – Love Like You
78. June – Something To Lose
79. James Newman – Embers
80. Monolink – The Prey
81. Franka – Bolji Ljudi
82. IMERIKA – I Can’t Escape
83. NEEV – Dancing In The Stars
84. The Horrors – Lout
85. Gaudiano – Polvere da sparo
86. Tom Gregory – River
87. Shaun Frank, Ryland James – Save Me
88. Samira Manners – Friend of Mine

All listed songs are available in this playlist (updated weekly):

This post has been edited by uhsting: 4th April 2021, 02:24 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post 5th April 2021, 06:24 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Hello! hi.gif

(L)onely Child is fantastic. I'm glad to see this appear on someone's chart!
Yay for Do It Again appearing here as well. This is my favourite of my BJSC entries in a long time.
Montero wub.gif fantastic video for a good song. I don't quite think the actual song is #1 worthy officially but the video more than makes up for it.

Nice chart! jump.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 5th April 2021, 10:22 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(JSG @ Apr 5 2021, 07:24 AM) *
Hello! hi.gif

(L)onely Child is fantastic. I'm glad to see this appear on someone's chart!
Yay for Do It Again appearing here as well. This is my favourite of my BJSC entries in a long time.
Montero wub.gif fantastic video for a good song. I don't quite think the actual song is #1 worthy officially but the video more than makes up for it.

Nice chart! jump.gif

Very shocked not to see (L)only Child somewhere else because it sure is hella catchy and memorable! BJSC always has nice discoveries to be unearthed and I'm glad Do It Again is one of them! MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) is honestly not the type of music I would usually draw to (and to some extent dislike), but the message behind is something I really agree on and totally relate to, and the music video is very controversial but delivers the message well.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th April 2021, 12:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hey there uhsting hi.gif heart.gif

So happy to see 'MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)' debuting here wub.gif I'm so in love with both the song and video. Bring on the album!

Not heard the Eurovision songs yet but excited for this year's contest after the standard of the cancelled one last year!

Great chart happy.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 5th April 2021, 04:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Hi Uhsting!

Hope all the studying paid off! Glad to have you back, and thanks for the resume of some I don;t know, looks like Eurovision might be a goodie. I havent heard any of them to date!

LP is always good. My cruel friend likes to say I look like her laugh.gif I say he looks like Susan Boyle in reply laugh.gif

I find the Lil Nas X track interesting and the video is amazing, but less sweary would convince me more smile.gif

Imagine Dragons and James Newman Ive paid good money to buy, and there's quite a few interesting tracks in your list!

welcome back! cool.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 10th April 2021, 10:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 5 2021, 01:59 PM) *
Hey there uhsting hi.gif heart.gif

So happy to see 'MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)' debuting here wub.gif I'm so in love with both the song and video. Bring on the album!

Not heard the Eurovision songs yet but excited for this year's contest after the standard of the cancelled one last year!

Great chart happy.gif

The standard of this year's Eurovision is extremely high and I think it is the best Eurovision in years! MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) is growing on me a lot so expect that to jump a lot higher! Thanks Jade!

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 5 2021, 05:50 PM) *
Hi Uhsting!

Hope all the studying paid off! Glad to have you back, and thanks for the resume of some I don;t know, looks like Eurovision might be a goodie. I havent heard any of them to date!

LP is always good. My cruel friend likes to say I look like her laugh.gif I say he looks like Susan Boyle in reply laugh.gif

I find the Lil Nas X track interesting and the video is amazing, but less sweary would convince me more smile.gif

Imagine Dragons and James Newman Ive paid good money to buy, and there's quite a few interesting tracks in your list!

welcome back! cool.gif

Interesting exchange between your friend! One Last Time still has the LP vibe to it but it is a lot more relaxed compared to her previous single. Thought MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) is not as sweary as other hip-hop songs haha but both Imagine Dragons and James Newman have shown great standard. Thanks John!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:31 PM