BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Are Gordon Brown's days numbered?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
brian91
post 4th May 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
You are a child of the universe
User: 78

He seems to be stumbling from one crisis to another, whether it is losing the Gurkhas vote, or the expenses for MP's, or cabinet colleagues stabbing him in the back, or ex home secretaries trying to undermine him. After last week's PM questions he got up to leave forgetting he was meant to make a speech on Afghanistan, and had to be told to come back. If Labour has disastrous results at the upcoming local/euro elections will the men in the grey coats ask him to step aside like they did to Maggie, or will the guys in white coats come to drag him away kicking and screaming?

And have you seen the crazy grin on his you tube video......hilarious laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 5th May 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

I think when Labour do very badly in the 4th June elections then there'll be a challenge. There's talk of Alan Johnson being installed as leader.

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 5th May 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #3
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

That will be a near-impossible for Gordon to finish what he needs to do. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 5th May 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

Another undemocratically chosen PM cheer.gif On the plus side the General can solve that problem next year. Although Cameron scares me sad.gif

+Quote this post
I ❤ JustinBieber
post 5th May 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,934

Brown should call a general election

It is quite clear that the country wants a tory government so Brown is defying the will of the people by clinging onto power, if he is so sure that he is wanted by the country then he has nothing to fear by calling a general election

Brown clinging to power is damaging the economy too, businesses have to make key investment decisions and with Cameron taking office next year they are going to hold off investing till Cameron's policies on business take effect

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 5th May 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(B.A Baracus @ May 5 2009, 01:39 PM) *
Brown should call a general election

He won't call an election because even he knows that he'd lose right now. He's wanted to be PM since he was a teenager so won't give it up now until he has to. Would you? He's secretly hoping something good might happen to boost his fortunes.

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 5th May 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

It is quite clear that the country wants a tory government

nonsense .... they / we want a credible government, one that has support, policies and the wherewithall to implement them... the tories do not fit that bill.

+Quote this post
I ❤ JustinBieber
post 5th May 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,934

QUOTE(Mushymanrob @ May 5 2009, 02:52 PM) *
nonsense .... they / we want a credible government, one that has support, policies and the wherewithall to implement them... the tories do not fit that bill.

We have a 19 point lead in the polls atm though, yes that is more down to the failings of Labour as opposed to any policies of ours but way things are going Labour is going to be the 3rd party after the next election

This post has been edited by B.A Baracus: 5th May 2009, 02:06 PM

+Quote this post
lynda
post 5th May 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #9
Group icon
New Entry
User: 8,781

I like Gordon Brown he has a sexy voice when he speaks.

lynda. heart.gif

+Quote this post
richie
post 6th May 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

Now, now, have Labour learned nothing from Newcastle United? Short-term shots in the hot seat for former heroes doesn't work - unfortunately they'll have to accept relegation, cut the $h!te from their organisation and come back stronger in a few years.

But please, not Alan Johnston, he'd make things even worse.

It's just a massive shame that nobody with a true Labour vision has put themselves forward (i.e. not distanced themselves from the job).

+Quote this post
Mushymanrob
post 6th May 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon
im all clares!
User: 5

QUOTE(B.A Baracus @ May 5 2009, 03:06 PM) *
We have a 19 point lead in the polls atm though, yes that is more down to the failings of Labour as opposed to any policies of ours but way things are going Labour is going to be the 3rd party after the next election

no they wont... 3rd? laugh.gif

poll leads mean nothing, after all, wasnt labour supposed to have trounced the tories in 92 according to the polls? laugh.gif

i think when push comes to shove, most people will stick with labour. what they tell an idle ballot researcher and how they actually vote are often two different things.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 6th May 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Hopefully a year tomorrow we'll get this lot out and a great new Government in led by David Cameron. I shall stay up and crack open a bottle of champagne the moment he has a majority of one.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 6th May 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Why exactly Chris? laugh.gif Under a Tory government you wouldn't be able to afford that bottle of champagne...or really much else aside from basic subsistence. What reasons do you have exactly for supporting the Conservatives policy-wise other than them not being Labour...who've done a f***-load for you anyway! sleep.gif In any case, if it is a case of them not being Labour, why not support the Lib Dems? And don't give me that $h!te excuse about nobody else voting for them/wasted vote etc., because everyone's saying that but at the same time saying that they're choosing the Tories as the 'lesser of two evils' manson.gif It's clear that if enough people actually THOUGHT about things, the Lib Dems would probably sweep the next election...

+Quote this post
Danny
post 6th May 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 457

QUOTE(Mushymanrob @ May 6 2009, 02:57 PM) *
no they wont... 3rd? laugh.gif

poll leads mean nothing, after all, wasnt labour supposed to have trounced the tories in 92 according to the polls? laugh.gif

i think when push comes to shove, most people will stick with labour. what they tell an idle ballot researcher and how they actually vote are often two different things.

Labour aren't going to be the 3rd party, but what is indisputable is that if an election was held tomorrow, the Conservatives would easily win. Polls can't always be taken for granted, but a poll for a national election simply wouldn't be out by more than 15 points. Of course, things could turn around for Labour in the next year, but it would be pretty unprecedented for a government who are seen to have led us into a recession to win an election... so unless the economy has made a dramatic recovery this time next year (still very unlikely), the Tories will probably win.

I just hope, whichever of the two main parties gets the most seats, they need to form a coalition with the Lib Dems, by far the best party right now.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 6th May 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I can't see it being a hung parliament as some polls seem to suggest now. Some predict a majority of about 30 too but I think it'll be a Tory landslide like 1997 or at least well over a hundred mjority.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 6th May 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #16
Group icon
DROTTNING!

When it comes to it there aren't enough people who like the Tories enough for them to get anything resembling a landslide...it'll either be a hung parliament, a narrow Tory majority, or a three-way race between the big three if the public has any sense...

And you still haven't answered my question Chris wink.gif

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 6th May 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

In my post before yours I didn't say I'd be voting Tory! I'll celebrate if anyone but Labour wins. I may vote Lib-Dem but to be honest it's a wasted vote as they've no chance of ever forming a Govt. I probably won't bother to vote at all as here in Newham it's rock-solid Labour, like where I'm from, Barnsley, so my vote's useless really. I wish I lived in a very marginal constituency where it could make a difference.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 6th May 2009, 03:20 PM

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 6th May 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #18
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Which is why it would be better to vote Lib Dem, as they're the only major party standing for proportional representation - the only policy that would actually open up the political system and stop the whole damn election being dependent on what a brain-dead housewife in Basildon thinks...

+Quote this post
lynda
post 6th May 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #19
Group icon
New Entry
User: 8,781

I wouldn't say no to David Cemeroon either. naughty.gif

lynda. heart.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 9th May 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

It is quite clear that the country wants a tory government

Sod that.... The Tories would be just as bad, if not worse, than Nu Labor, the boy Cameron is a public school prat with bugger all to say frankly..... What the country NEEDS is change, real change, in every area of the political and economic system.... Personally, I would say the best chances of any real changes to the system would result out of a Hung Parliament.... I'm planning on voting Lib Dem at the next election in order to help achieve this, and I would urge others to vote in a similar tactical way also.... A coalition govt would see the end of dogmatic leadership, which, if you ask me, has been the whole problem in the UK the past 30 years - first it was the dogma of Thatcher, which led this country to ruin and a whole generation of young people put on the dole and the creation of "dole culture"; and now the dogma of B-liar/Broon which saw us enter into an illegal war resulting in suicide bombers on the streets of London and Glasgow, and economic/financial chaos...... A coalition govt would see the Lib Dems more powerful and in a far better position to affect the changes that this country needs.... Getting rid of this country's totally archaic voting system which allows for dogmatic leadership should be the first order of business....

+Quote this post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 06:12 PM