Posted November 12, 2025Nov 12 My home country didn't have any official charts, the most popular hitlist was Russian version of MTV top 20, which sadly is not available on Internet. From radio charts the most prestigious and well-known were Europe Plus Top 40 and Maximum Top 20. It's a little bit of personal nostalgia. I was the active follower of Radio Maximum chart in 1999 - 2005 years.I will skip the positions of Russian acts. Edited November 12, 2025Nov 12 by Last Dreamer
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author 9th January 200001. (01) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (7 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1)02. (09) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (3 weeks)05. (02) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (20 weeks)06. (05) Cranberries - Just My Imagination (11 weeks)07. (08) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (29 weeks)08. (NE) Sting - Desert Rose (1 week)11. (NE) Offspring - She's Got Issues (1 week)13. (07) Roxette - Salvation (4 weeks)15. (10) Eurythmics - I Saved The World Today (15 weeks)16. (11) Blink 182 - What's My Age Again? (8 weeks)17. (15) Five - Keep On Movin' (3 weeks)20. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (3 weeks)Future hit ? : Robbie Williams - She's The One Edited November 12, 2025Nov 12 by Last Dreamer
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author 16th January 200002. (02) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (4 weeks)03. (01) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (8 weeks)05. (08) Sting - Desert Rose (2 weeks)06. (05) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (21 weeks)08. (07) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (30 weeks)10. (06) Cranberries - Just My Imagination (12 weeks)12. (11) Offspring - She's Got Issues (2 weeks)15. (13) Roxette - Salvation (5 weeks)16. (16) Blink 182 - What's My Age Again? (9 weeks)17. (17) Five - Keep On Movin' (4 weeks)18. (20) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (4 weeks)19. (NE) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (1 week)Future hit ? : Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy Edited November 12, 2025Nov 12 by Last Dreamer
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author 23rd January 200002. (05) Sting - Desert Rose (3 weeks)03. (02) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (5 weeks)05. (03) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (9 weeks)07. (NE) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (1 week)08. (08) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (31 weeks)09. (12) Offspring - She's Got Issues (3 weeks)11. (06) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (22 weeks)16. (19) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (2 weeks)17. (10) Cranberries - Just My Imagination (13 weeks)18. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (5 weeks)19. (NE) Celine Dion - That's The Way It Is (1 week)20. (NE) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (1 week)Future hit ? : M2M - Don't Say You Love Me Edited November 12, 2025Nov 12 by Last Dreamer
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author 30th January 200002. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (4 weeks)04. (03) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (6 weeks)05. (07) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (2 weeks)08. (05) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (10 weeks) 09. (09) Offspring - She's Got Issues (4 weeks)10. (08) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (32 weeks)11. (16) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (3 weeks)13. (19) Celine Dion - That's The Way It Is (2 weeks)14. (11) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (23 weeks)18. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (6 weeks)20. (20) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (2 weeks)Future hit ? : Madonna - American Pie
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Garbage and Sting doing very well there which is quite surprising! Quite rock heavy but with some pop from britney and Five getting a presence. Interesting!
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author Just now, Popchartfreak said:Garbage and Sting doing very well there which is quite surprising! Quite rock heavy but with some pop from britney and Five getting a presence. Interesting!Garbage - You Look So Fine was # 1 in 1999 Year-End chart with 382 points. (Peak position # 3, 30 weeks in chart).Points system is very simple (20 points for 1st place in weekly chart, 1 point for 20th place).As I know Maximum chart started in 1995 year and was very mainstream. After 1999 year the chart became more rock/indie, you will not see such pure pop acts as Britney in 2001 year.Beside some huge acts (Madonna, Michael Jackson, ABBA) in my country foreign rock\indie music always was much more popular than pop. Pop and rap fans usually prefer Russian language music. Edited November 12, 2025Nov 12 by Last Dreamer
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author 6th February 200002. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (5 weeks)05. (05) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (3 weeks)07. (11) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (4 weeks)08. (08) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (11 weeks) 09. (09) Offspring - She's Got Issues (5 weeks)10. (04) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (7 weeks)11. (10) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (33 weeks)12. (NE) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (1 week)16. (NE) Madonna - American Pie (1 week)18. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (7 weeks)19. (20) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (3 weeks)20. (13) Celine Dion - That's The Way It Is (3 weeks)Out : Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (353 points, 2 weeks at # 1)Future hit ? : Oasis - Go Let It Out
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Author 13th February 200001. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (6 weeks) (1 week at # 1)03. (05) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (4 weeks)05. (16) Madonna - American Pie (2 weeks)07. (12) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (2 weeks)08. (07) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (5 weeks)10. (08) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (12 weeks) 11. (NE) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (1 week)12. (10) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (8 weeks)14. (09) Offspring - She's Got Issues (5 weeks)15. (11) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (34 weeks)17. (NE) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (1 week)20. (19) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (4 weeks)Future hit ? : R.E.M - The Great Beyond
November 13, 2025Nov 13 Author 20th February 200001. (01) Sting - Desert Rose (7 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1)02. (05) Madonna - American Pie (3 weeks)04. (03) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (5 weeks)05. (07) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (3 weeks)08. (11) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (2 weeks)09. (08) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (6 weeks)10. (17) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (2 weeks)11. (10) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (13 weeks)15. (12) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (9 weeks)16. (NE) Eurythmics - 17 Again (1 week)18. (NE) R.E.M - The Great Beyond (1 week)19. (NE) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (1 week)Out : Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (410 points, peak position # 3)Future hit ? : Joe Cocker - My Father's Son Edited November 13, 2025Nov 13 by Last Dreamer
November 13, 2025Nov 13 Author 27th February 200001. (02) Madonna - American Pie (4 weeks) (1 week at # 1)03. (01) Sting - Desert Rose (8 weeks) 04. (10) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (3 weeks)05. (04) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (6 weeks)08. (08) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (3 weeks)09. (11) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (14 weeks)10. (05) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (4 weeks)12. (09) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (7 weeks)13. (16) Eurythmics - 17 Again (2 weeks)14. (15) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (10 weeks)17. (NE) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (1 week) 18. (18) R.E.M - The Great Beyond (2 weeks)19. (19) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (2 weeks)20. (NE) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (1 week) Future hit ? : Richard Ashcroft - A Song For The Lovers
November 13, 2025Nov 13 Britney & Backstreet for some Max Martin popness, and surprise entries from Eurythmics and a late career hit for Joe Cocker, and George Michael's Miss Sarajevo a surprise too! Then a U2 track that wasnt a single here! All very unexpected! Sting and Madonna number ones too!
November 13, 2025Nov 13 Author 5th March 200001. (01) Madonna - American Pie (5 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1)03. (04) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (4 weeks)05. (03) Sting - Desert Rose (9 weeks) 06. (05) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (7 weeks)08. (08) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (4 weeks)09. (09) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (15 weeks)11. (10) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (5 weeks)12. (14) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (11 weeks)13. (17) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (2 weeks) 14. (20) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (2 weeks) 15. (12) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (8 weeks)16. (13) Eurythmics - 17 Again (3 weeks)18. (19) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (3 weeks)19. (RE) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (8 weeks)20. (18) R.E.M - The Great Beyond (3 weeks)Future hit ? : Filter - Take A Picture
November 13, 2025Nov 13 Author 2 hours ago, Popchartfreak said:Britney & Backstreet for some Max Martin popness, and surprise entries from Eurythmics and a late career hit for Joe Cocker, and George Michael's Miss Sarajevo a surprise too! Then a U2 track that wasnt a single here! All very unexpected! Sting and Madonna number ones too!This chart was based on peoples voting, firstly by telephone and SMS, after it on their website. Usually 4-5 new tracks were added on each week. Don't know how radio station selected them, especially if we talk about pure pop songs/acts in 1999-2001 years. Edited November 13, 2025Nov 13 by Last Dreamer
November 14, 2025Nov 14 Author 12th March 200001. (03) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (5 weeks) (1 week at # 1)02. (01) Madonna - American Pie (6 weeks)05. (05) Sting - Desert Rose (10 weeks)06. (06) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (8 weeks)07. (08) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (5 weeks)08. (09) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (16 weeks)09. (11) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (6 weeks)11. (13) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (3 weeks)12. (14) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (3 weeks)14. (16) Eurythmics - 17 Again (4 weeks)15. (NE) Filter - Take A Picture (1 week)16. (12) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (12 weeks)17. (NE) AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip (1 week)18. (19) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (9 weeks)20. (15) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (9 weeks)Future hit ? : Len - Steal My Sunshine Edited November 14, 2025Nov 14 by Last Dreamer
November 14, 2025Nov 14 Author 19th March 200001. (01) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (6 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1)02. (05) Sting - Desert Rose (11 weeks) 04. (02) Madonna - American Pie (7 weeks) 06. (NE) Savage Garden - Crash And Burn (1 week)07. (06) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (9 weeks)08. (09) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (7 weeks)09. (11) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (4 weeks) 10. (07) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (6 weeks)11. (08) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (17 weeks)12. (16) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (13 weeks)14. (12) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (4 weeks)15. (15) Filter - Take A Picture (2 weeks)17. (NE) Richard Ashcroft - A Song For The Lovers (1 week)20. (17) AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip (2 weeks)Future hit ? : No Doubt - Ex-Girlfriend
November 14, 2025Nov 14 Author 26th March 200002. (01) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (7 weeks) 03. (04) Madonna - American Pie (8 weeks) 05. (06) Savage Garden - Crash And Burn (2 weeks)06. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (12 weeks) 08. (08) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (8 weeks)09. (09) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (5 weeks) 10. (NE) No Doubt - Ex-Girlfriend (1 week)11. (10) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (7 weeks)12. (07) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (10 weeks)13. (11) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (18 weeks)14. (14) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (5 weeks)15. (12) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (14 weeks)16. (15) Filter - Take A Picture (3 weeks)17. (17) Richard Ashcroft - A Song For The Lovers (2 weeks)18. (20) AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip (3 weeks)20. (RE) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (4 weeks)Future hit ? : Ricky Martin and Meja - Private Emotion
November 14, 2025Nov 14 Did M2M's Don't Say You Love Me do nothing after being predicted as a future hit on the January 23rd edition?
Create an account or sign in to comment