Everything posted by slowdown73
-
Friday Chart Predictions
One Republic continuing to climb…will this end up in the T5 soon?!?
-
Energy costs set to increase by 54%
Well labour have said they would scrap the energy cap price rise in October and extend the windfall tax against energy companies. It will be interesting to see what the Tories do now given they were initially opposed against the idea of a windfall tax when labour first announced it. Pressure is certainly going to build on the government and measley tax cuts is not enough to resolve this issue.
-
Energy costs set to increase by 54%
All of the problems you have highlighted are associated with having a 12 year Tory government who have focused on austerity, cuts, Brexit, undermining workers rights and promoting self-interest/greed of corporate companies like the energy firms. Things are unlikely to improve because both Sunak & Truss are advocating tax cuts but our services already don’t have enough money to function fully and further tax cuts will only mean a smaller welfare state.
-
Steps - 'Platinum Collection'
I wonder if we will get any other special releases to tie in with the greatest hits? After tears on the dance floor, we got a nice box set of CD singles including lots of remixes. I’d love a remixes album including their newer stuff.
-
Sophie Ellis-Bextor & Wuh Oh - Hypnotized
I downloaded the extended mix today but it’s only 30 seconds longer. Why couldn’t they have done a proper extended version like 5-6 minutes!
-
OneRepublic - Artificial Paradise
Well it’s now no9 in this weeks midweeks don’t continuing to build. I prefer the acoustic version.
-
What Kind of Fool (Heard All That Before) ● 30 years on
Her performance on TOTP was awful and didn’t help the chart position but it’s one of her songs which I do like. Yes, it’s not as good as some of her other PWL stuff but it deserved to do better than it actually did.
-
Energy costs set to increase by 54%
The government will have to do something in addition to the package already offered - failure to do so will lead to millions either starving, freezing to death or crippled with debt they are unable to repay.
-
Energy costs set to increase by 54%
Of course the Tories won’t do it. But things are looking extremely dire with latest predictions of the price cap rising to £4200 in January and £4400 in April. The Tories will have to do something but as always, their policies seem to be more about protecting the interests of energy suppliers and the rich rather than helping people on lower incomes who are most at need.
-
Energy costs set to increase by 54%
Ed Davey has said today the government should scrap the energy price cap rise and fund the proposed increase themselves to prevent millions who will struggle to afford to heat their homes this winter. It would be predicted to cost 36m but it’s the best idea I’ve heard from any politician and likely to help people alot more than a tax cut.
-
Elton John & Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer
A strange collaboration!
-
Mario Kart 8
The best of wave 2 are sky high sundae, Sydney sprint and kalimari desert.
-
Kylie Top-100 Spotify Update
Some surprising positions - what do I have to do @ only 77 but Sexercize is above it @ 64. Put yourself in my place @ only 71.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Interesting that especially for you has recharted following neighbours finale. Hope it can stay in the T40 but probably unlikely.
-
Kylie Top-100 Spotify Update
I’m surprised both shocked and wouldn’t change a thing weren’t in the T100 tbh.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - Beach House
It’s better than the first single but not really feeling it.
-
OneRepublic - Artificial Paradise
I’m surprised how well I ain’t worried has done. It’s not one of my favourite songs of theirs but can’t wait for a new album!
-
Ed Sheeran's = moves ahead of Adele's 30 in 2020s rankings
The new Adele album is quite dull apart from the first single. I prefer Ed’s new music overall and think he will continue to do well.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - Beach House
It’s on Uk iTunes now (available via her album).
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time
Beach house is better than western wind but I’m not really feeling it with either songs.
-
Who should be the next PM
I think most of the British electorate prefer Sunak than Truss as he appears to be the lesser of the two evils but the problem is the vote is in the hands of Conservative party members who seem to prefer Truss to benefit their own interests.
-
Who should be the next PM
There is no way the Tories will win an outright majority at the next election, whether that be in the next 6 months, 12 months or over the next 2 years. Inflation is predicted to rise to 15% next year and the lack of any real credible policies to address the energy crisis and cost of living situation will be crippling for many people and their businesses. I predict we will see a wave of strikes right across the public sector just like in the 1970s and possibly worse. There will also be a huge rise in bankruptcies and local authorities will be overwhelmed by dealing with the impact of the cost of living crisis as many families feel the strain. Parts of the NHS will collapse under pressure from being unable to keep up with demand which is already starting to happen with the ambulance service . There will also be a profound realisation by then that Brexit has actually compounded many of the problems we are facing. Whoever becomes the next Tory leader will not last much longer than two years. The bigger question will be who will form the next government and I suspect it will be a coalition made up of several smaller parties with labour likely to be the biggest party but with no overall majority.
-
Ranking of the lead singles!
1. Scared of the dark 2. Loves got a hold of my heart 3. Stomp 4. Take me for a ride 5. Light up the world 6. 5,6,7,8 7. What The Future Holds 8. Chain Reaction 9. Hard to forget
-
Kylie Albums Sound Clash,
Not a hard choice - Light Years wins!
-
Soundtrack singles ● survivor round 1
I’ve never been a big fan of American Pie so that’s one of the tracks I voted for alongside Argentina and hanky panky.