Jump to content

Dante77

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dante77

  1. My thoughts on 'Music' are pretty straight-forward; a pretty decent follow-up to Ray of Light, lighter, more fun (love Mirawais) but with some sublime tracks on it too, and the ballads are untouchable. Happy Memories for me associated with this project; I got to see the promo @ Brixton Academy and I met M for the first time at The Next Best Thing aftershow party, so I'm really fond of this era - the only downside I associate with it, is her marriage to Guy - it always seemed that he dimmed her light. Impressive Instant would have been a brilliant single - M wanted it, but WEA (yet again, got it wrong) and it was sadly never a single. Love it though. My fav tracks in order are: 1. Don’t Tell Me 2. Gone 3. I Deserve It 4. Impressive Instant 5. Paradise Not For Me 6. Runaway Lover 7. Nobody's Perfect 8. Music 9. Amazing 10. What It Feels Like For A Girl 11. American Pie
  2. I know right?!!! I just don't love LAP like everyone else. And I really like her raw vocal at the end of Love Song....
  3. Madonna - The first album still rocks for me. I love it; I love the original album artwork and the songs are so NYC and of their time, and most still stand up really well; far, far better than newer albums. I put 'Think of Me' on in a crowded gym a few years back, and everybody loved it. I love M from this era, hungry, defiant, and ready to take on the World.... 1. Physical Attraction 2. Holiday 3. Borderline 4. I Know It 5. Think Of Me 6. Lucky Star 7. Burning Up 8. Everybody
  4. Just a sublime album, full of perfect pop songs. A lot of these songs are nearly 40 years old, but I still listen to many of them. Not my favorite M album, but some of the tracks on here are just sublime. 1. Stay ( I love the '81 version from Pre-Madonna much much better) 2. Shoo-Bee-Doo 3. Angel 4. Over And Over 5. Love Don't Live Here Anymore 6. Pretender 7. Dress You Up 8. Like A Virgin 9. Material Girl
  5. Where to begin with this album? So much to love so much to just say meh to....I was so excited for this era, looking forward to the World Music vibes that were coming from the recording sessions. I loved Medellin (but the video was such a missed opportunity). The album promo was just awful, culminating in the disaster of Eurovision. Some great tracks though, and ranking this album is pretty easy for me. 1. Medellín (with Maluma) 2. God Control 3. Come Alive 4. Crazy 5. Looking For Mercy 6. I Don't Search I Find 7. Crave 8. Dark Ballet 9. Killers Who Are Partying 10.Batuka 11.Ciao Bella 12.Extreme Occident Sadly, I don't like the below tracks at all... and skip them. 13. Funana 14. Back That Up to the Beat 15. Future (with Quavo) 16. I Rise 17. Faz Gostoso (featuring Anitta) 18. Bitch I'm Loca (with Maluma)
  6. For me, her last near-perfect album, containing two of my favorite M songs ever; Get Together and Jump. I loved this era; the looks, the Hung-Up video, the tour, and the music. Stuart Price is a genius and I'm sad she's not really worked with him again. 1. Get Together 2. Jump 3. Future Lovers 4. Hung Up 5. Forbidden Love 6. Isaac 7. Push 8. How High 9. I Love New York 10 Let It Will Be 11.Sorry 12 Like It or Not
  7. Possibly my favorite Madonna album ever, certainly top three. Raw, lyrically brilliant, jazzy, and just so personal. Love, love, love. And I loved her working with Shep. I also love that this album is so often overlooked by so many. 1. Waiting 2. Where Life Begins 3. Erotica 4. In This Life 5. Thief of Hearts 6. Why's it so Hard 7. Secret Garden 8. Bad Girl 9. Deeper And Deeper 10. Bye Bye Baby 11.Rain 12. Words 13. Did You Do It? 14. Fever
  8. Such a brilliant pop album (and surely the greatest of Madonna's album covers) - this was the album that I first heard when I was a little boy. The love I have for La Isla never really went away. My top 5 are near-perfect pop songs... 1. La Isla Bonita 2. Live To Tell 3. Papa Don't Preach 4. True Blue 5 Open Your Heart 6. Jimmy Jimmy 7. Love Makes The World Go Round 8 Where's The Party 9 White Heat
  9. Just a bloody brilliant album...so hard to rank this in any order for me... Really appreciate Candy Perfume Girl much more than I used to. 1. Sky Fits Heaven 2. Frozen 3 The Power of Goodbye 4. Skin 5. Drowned World / Substitute for Love 6. Ray of Light 7. Candy Perfume Girl 8. Nothing Really Matters 9. To Have and Not to Hold 10 Swim 11. Little Star 12. Mer Girl 13 Shanti / Ashtangi
  10. I'm late to the Party, but for what it's worth, here's my rundown with Spanish Eyes as my favorite track. I never really loved Like A Prayer; I enjoy it, but it never gets me. 1. Pray For Spanish Eyes 2. Express Yourself 3. Oh Father 4. Till Death Do Us Part 5. Dear Jessie 6. Promise To Try 7. Love Song 8. Like A Prayer 9. Cherish 10. Keep It Together 11. Act of Contrition
  11. 06 The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love 03 David Bowie - Life On Mars? 09 Tears For Fears - Mad World 06 Toto - Africa 01 Michael Jackson - Beat It 07 Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time 10 Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy 08 Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It 05 Giorgio Moroder with Philip Oakey - Together In Electric Dreams 10 Madonna - Like A Virgin 07 Madonna - Material Girl 11 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill 08 Heart - Alone 05 Aztec Camera - Somewhere In My Heart 05 New Order - Blue Monday 1988 08 Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance 06 Roxette - It Must Have Been Love 04 Enigma - Return To Innocence 08 Youssou N'Dour and Neneh Cherry - 7 Seconds 01 Oasis - Whatever 04 Everything But The Girl - Missing 04 Jamiroquai- Virtual Insanity 08 Faithless - Insomnia 01 Robert Miles featuring Maria Nayler - One & One 03 Radiohead - Paranoid Android 01 Bryan Adams featuring Melanie C - When You're Gone 03 TLC - No Scrubs 03 Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much 07 The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl 05 Darude - Sandstorm 05 Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan - Silence 01 Ian Van Dahl - Castles In The Sky 06 Riva featuring Dannii Minogue - Who Do You Love Now? 05 Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes 08 Junior Senior - Move Your Feet 02 Outkast - Hey Ya! 04 Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out 05 Keane - Somewhere Only We Know 02 Anastacia - Left Outside Alone 01 Green Day - American Idiot 10 The Killers - Somebody Told Me 06 The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize 07 Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine - Doctor Pressure 02 Rihanna - S&M 03 The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris 03 Loreen - Euphoria 04 George Ezra - Budapest 03 The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face 04 Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted 07 Dua Lipa - Physical