Jump to content

Dante77

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dante77

  1. I don't hate it. The production is decent, there's a good tune in there (although hugely unoriginal). My issue is Olly, he's like marmite - people either respond to him or he turns them off. I hope it does well, but I don't think it'll win or come close. Still, anything is better than last year's total car crash!
  2. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I find the argument so lame that it's ok to separate the Artist's actions in their personal/public lives from their art/music. I disagree, for me it's not ok. I've not listened to a Kayne or a Michael Jackson (amongst many others) record for years, and I really loved Kayne's early stuff. For me, to listen to their records, to buy or stream them, would be to condone their lifestyle choices, their opinions etc.
  3. 25 Madonna- The Power of Goodbye/Little Star 24 Laura Branigan - Gloria 23 Felix - Don't You Want Me 22 ABBA - SOS 21 Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine 20 Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song 19 Kate Bush - The Man With The Child In His Eyes 18 Sade - Your Love Is King 17 Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories - Stay (I Missed You) 16 Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki 15 Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor 14 Macy Gray - I Try 13 Roxette - Listen To Your Heart / Dangerous 12 Taylor Swift - Cardigan 11 Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road 10 Wilson Phillips - Hold On 9 Tina Arena - Chains 8 Basement Jaxx - Romeo 7 Fatboy Slim - Rockerfeller Skank 6 Duran Duran - Ordinary World 5 Prince - Purple Rain 4 TLC - Unpretty 3 Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer 2 Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars 1 REM - Shiny Happy People
  4. This song is perfection and has held up well. And the video is sublime.
  5. Overexposed yes, and whilst she has a zillion fans, my socials are full of people who clearly don't rate her - She's becoming more marmite by the day. She does little for me musically, but I do recognise her song writing brilliance - although there is a real sameness about her themes, and lately not much evolution. I mean how many more songs can there be about English boys that have done her wrong! I also find her whole girl-squad antics really childish. Back to the topic, yes it will be a huge No.1, but I'm predicting that we are at the peak of Taylor's imperial phase, and I wonder whether the appetite will be there in 5 years time.
  6. 25 Madonna - Deeper And Deeper 24 Grace - Not Over Yet 23 George Michael - Praying For Time 22 Emma Bunton - Maybe 21 Chicane featuring Máire Brennan - Saltwater 20 Tina Turner - Let's Stay Together 19 Billie Ray Martin - Your Loving Arms 18 The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition 17 Alphabeat - Fascination 16 Rufus & Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody 15 The Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love) 14 Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence 13 Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight 12 Rihanna - Where Have You Been 11 Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God 10 Kylie Minogue - What Do I Have to Do 9 Gorillaz - 19-2000 8 Fergie featuring Ludacris - Glamorous 7 Alesso featuring Tove Lo - Heroes (We Could Be) 6 Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dog - Still D.R.E. 5 Carole King - It's Too Late / I Feel The Earth Move 4 Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood 3 They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul 2 Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time 1 Sia - Chandelier
  7. 64 TOP TEN HITS…… not 61. Let’s never downplay reissued singles/crazy for you remix! Not on this forum!! :-)
  8. I never expected to have to wait so long for another top 10, after Celebration. Pre 2008, scoring a top 10 was so easy for her. Still, what an achievement, 40 years after Holiday.
  9. I’m so happy to see Madonna back in the Top 10! Her 64th Top 10 hit! And… 40 years since her first top 10 hit in Jan 84 with Holiday.
  10. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I'm going to have to disagree that Ray of Light wasn't a big era in the US. It was a huge commercial and critical success. In the US, it was in the Top 20 best selling albums of 1998, and was in the top 100 selling albums the following year too. It set the record for biggest first-week sales by a female artist in SoundScan era at that time with 371,000 copies sold in its first week, and won multiple US awards. It was only kept of #1 by the juggernaut that was Titanic, but it was a huge commercial success, with US sales of 4.5 million +. Worldwide sales are circa 16 million, so I'd hardly say that it was only a big era in the UK. It was in the top 10 selling albums of the year in most European countries too.
  11. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Kylie did well to get on top 10 with that track. But we’re NOT talking about her. She’s not up for a top 10 this week…. I just don’t get the idea of trying to bring Kylie up.
  12. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Totally agree - why is anyone bringing up Kylie? It's irrelevant - no records have been broken (Kylie only has 35 top 10s). Hopefully Madonna is about to get her 64 th Top 10 single, which is amazing.
  13. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    It's amazing - and whilst I don't like the song very much, it's longevity has surprised me. If M can secure another Top 10 then I'm happy!
  14. Keep streaming everyone! It may just go top 10!!!!
  15. Sooooo close to another Top 10!!
  16. Madonna soooo close to another Top 10, 25 weeks in…..
  17. +30 Madonna – The Power of Good-Bye / Little Star +29 Exile - Kiss You All Over +28 Madonna – Deeper and Deeper +27 Sade - Your Love Is King +26 George Michael – Praying for Time +25 Depeche Mode – Enjoy the Silence +24 Grace – Not Over Yet +23 Madonna – Fever +22 Duran Duran – Ordinary World +21 Wilson Phillips – Hold On +20 Kate Bush - The Man With The Child In His Eyes +19 Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song +18 Yvonne Elliman - Love Me +17 Miami Sound Machine - Dr Beat +16 Alphabeat – Fascination +15 Emma Bunton – Maybe +14 The Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love) +13 Kylie Minogue – What Do I Have to Do? +12 Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird (medley) +11 Tina Turner - Let's Stay Together +10 Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes +9 Abba - SOS +8 Elvis Presley - I Just Can't Help Believing +7 Olivia Newton-John - Sam +6 Kenny Loggins - Footloose +5 Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run) +4 Lionel Richie - Truly +3 Alison Moyet - Weak In The Presence Of Beauty +2 Lulu - The Boat That I Row +1 Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip - I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper
  18. Thankyou for sharing… god how I miss this type of pure sales official chart. I look at the Top 100 now and it just doesn’t have the same credibility at all.
  19. I read this too. Who knows. I'm secretly quite glad she may not do it (it would be nice), but it's not like she NEEDS to do it (she's not some fading POP princess, or an ageing singer from the 70's). She's Madonna, and I don't feel her intricate set in it's current incarnation on the Celebration Tour will translate that well. Who knows, I may wrong. She was amazing @ Live Earth and Live8 (the last big stadium events) with fans/non fans, and I'm sure if she does do Glasto she will rock it.
  20. I’m a little disappointed… he’s not great vocally, live. I guess it’ll have to be a great track, but I’m expecting it to be an overproduced, club track. He never lived up to the promise of his first 2 tracks. Zzzz
  21. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    FFS! You know what, after many years as a fan, I've come to realise that it's actually M herself who does the most damage to her reputation and career. This is just unacceptable, disrespectful and lame. Her fans have jobs to go to, lives to lead too, and so this constant tardiness disrespects their time. It's just not good enough. M has spoken many times about destroying her ego. I would suggest that she's still got a lot of work to do in this area.....
  22. Madonna - Live To Tell, for me..... but the list in endless.
  23. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I know this argument never goes away, but I hope that ‘Fairytale of NY’ doesn’t make it to 1… ever. At least not in its original homophobic version… Two straight people using a homophobic, derogatory term is NO different that 2 white people using the ‘N’ word to describe a black person, in a derogatory way. It sickens me to hear people singing the original version.