Jump to content

Dante77

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dante77

  1. And there was me thinking this was a Madonna forum! Kylie is harmless fluff. I loved Light Years, but she longer interests me. I I don’t care what octave voice she has, I find her voice limited, thin and too whispery/childlike. As a performer, there’s nothing that interests me. Still, some people are easily pleased.
  2. If M does Glastonbury, she’ll smash it, and set the bar for everyone that comes after her in that slot. She’s Madonna, where she leads, others follow… However, as the most successful female artist of all time (sales AND touring) she doesn’t need to do it. If she does, I wonder whether she’ll parachute in whole segments of the Celebration Tour or whether she’ll start from scratch? I’m certain she’ll be getting her guitar out too, which might surprise many.
  3. Rob10 I’m still laughing… I don’t want to validate your ridiculous comment. It’s all subjective, but I cannot abide Kylie’s weak, thin live girly voice. I’ve seen her live a few times and walked out of Aphrodite because it was so poor.. on record it’s ok, but not so much lately. I absolutely love Madonna’s voice, and so I’m biased. Ps When Kylie doing Super Bowl????
  4. What an absolute load of tosh!! We’re talking about THE most successful female recording artist of all time AND the highest grossing female touring artist of all time. Madonna will be sensational. She was vocally very strong when I saw her at the O2 two weeks ago. Her reviews of this tour have been sensational. The last gig she did like this (Live 8 and Live Earth) she smashed. M is not embarrassing, unless one is embarrassed by a strong powerful woman???
  5. WOW! I can fully understand the difference between a re-recording and a re-release, and in MY opinion they both shouldn’t count as a totally new release. It’s my opinion, not yours clearly. The joy of a healthy forum is that it should be a place where people can express their opinions, and where healthy debates can happen. However I do find your comments to be very telling, not about me, but about you. I will leave it at that.
  6. I’m sorry but I don’t recognise this as an 11th NEW number 1 album for Taylor. It’s a resung version of her #1 album from 2015/16 and fundamentally shouldn’t be classed as another number 1. It’s making a mockery of the charts for me. Happy for any artist to gave success and fab sales, but this is debasing the charts. ThE OCC have got this wrong, alongside many other things.
  7. Guinness World Records have updated the ranking of the best-selling female artists in history (albums + singles): 1) Madonna 2) Rihanna 3) Mariah Carey 4) Taylor Swift 5) Beyoncé And Madonna’s 400m+ achievements are superlative to me because so many of her sales are pure sales, rather than passive downloads appearing on a playlist… people had to go into a shop to purchase her music. I’m surprised to see Mariah so high; stateside she was massive in the ‘90s but worldwide not so much. Any surprises here for anyone??
  8. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    I managed to get very last-minute tickets for last night, and I’m so very glad I did. I just got very lucky with our seats. She came on late but played full set until 11.25pm and so I’m not complaining. The performance was epic! Strangely intimate, very moving and so much fun. Easily the best tour for me since confessions. I bloody loved it, and was moved to tears at least 3 times. That’s a sign of a great show right? The clips I’ve seen on YouTube/socials just didn’t do it justice. I’m so so glad I got to see it and her, she was on great form and had a lot of energy last night. Musically, she was on fire, and the highlights for me, were the unexpected ones. Burning Up, Erotica and Bad Girl to name but a few. Tired, but a very happy fan this morning x
  9. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    And this is disappointing… tech glitches are understandable, but poor timekeeping again (if it is that) shows a real lack of respect for the fans/audiences time and lives. It’s never been acceptable, and the curfew is a good thing - and it means people can catch last trains home. If I’d paid huge ££ and the show was cut, I’d be gutted.
  10. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Wow, that’s a huge sales drop for Kylie, I was expecting the album to have held up much better than this. She’s a legacy artist, so strong first week saies, high peak (helped by endless formats/loyal fans), and then saies freefall. There’s been such a media blitz/buzz, so this is a surprise.
  11. Let it go Let it go..... I'm seriously over this topic - it should be in the KYLIE forum - talk about flogging a very dead horse!!!!! :-)
  12. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    There’s no excuse ever for being culturally dead; shame on your siblings for not showing said teenagers the right cultural paths!!! :-)
  13. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Nope don’t agree… it will be a fake #1 for me…
  14. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    And I'm not here to take away from Tay Tay's achievements, she's done so well, and has a huge fanbase - but re-recording the same album (who cares if it's a diff catalogue number/record company), shouldn't be counted as a new #1 - it makes a farce of the charts. The problem we now have (all because of the OCC's ever-changing goalposts) is that I/many more now discount a lot of new chart records/achievements, and we cherry-pick what is a chart record and what isn't - it used to be far more black and white - and this debases the value of the charts, which is sad.
  15. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Exactly this - the OCC shouldn't count these as new #1 albums. Its fake and yet again detracts from the achievements of others. And I 100% get why these albums are being re-recorded, that's great, but the problem lies with the OCC - as always.
  16. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    I'm sure you've all seen this, but M was out and about in NYC yesterday, and looked good - she was walking, and seemed in good spirits.
  17. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    Anyone else finding the silence re Madonna’s health absolutely deafening?!! It would be lovely to have something/anything just knowing officially that she’s ok. It’s been 7 days since Guy O’s update. Aside from Debbie and Rosie, there’s been nada.
  18. Hi Grace. Check out Borderline - the single on Wikipedia, it has a pretty comprehensive list of the different version lengths etc. It may help x
  19. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    Yes, I think so too. TMZ reports she had a low grade fever for the last month but just ignored it and pushed on, until her body gave up. Still, she’s responded well and is thankfully home and resting.
  20. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    I hope Madonna makes a full recovery, and I think she will - Rosie O'Donnell gave an encouraging update earlier, so it's looking super positive. What I don't want M to do, is do a world tour - at least not this or next year. The funny thing is, she thinks she needs to still do an all-singing-all-dancing tour, when in reality, her true fans just want her to show up, well and healthy, and just sing.....
  21. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    It’s actually a fail from me; and it’s looks horrible on my mobile phone. I’m there for the charts (I like a snapshot chart the best) and hate having to scroll. It feels like a step back and I’m not loving it at all. Perhaps it will be better on my pc.
  22. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    Just thinking super positive thoughts for a full recovery for our Queen. This is such a shock and a reminder of how precious she is to us all.
  23. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in Madonna's Madonna
    I feared this would happen many months ago and I pray M has a full recovery x
  24. 100% agree… when you look at her achievements (after Madonna) she’s arguably the biggest selling female artist, and she deserves her place. For me, although not a fan, I’ve loved some of her tracks. The reason she is a true artist for me, is because she’s artistically authentic. And you cannot say that about many others on this list !!!
  25. YAAAAAS MADONNA is the winner, a huge achievement 41 years into her career; and without a top 10 single in the UK for 14 years. Ps imo Gaga doesn’t deserve to even be Top 20. Happy Rihanna came 3rd; she’s a sales powerhouse.