Jump to content

Dante77

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dante77

  1. Madonna everytime for me… I cannot stand Gaga - don’t like her voice and really dislike her attitude/lack of authenticity….
  2. Posted by a Kylie-fanatic! :-) I’ve heard all of this before, it doesn’t wash. I say this lovingly, the stats don’t lie, Madonna is the biggest selling female artist of all time. Kylie isn’t even in the top ten. And as for touring (where as a performance artist Madonna comes into her own) M holds so many records. There’s no comparison between the two. I didn’t like Padam, but Kylie has made some of my favourite pop tracks ever, like What Do I have to do, Loveboat, Tightrope etc etc so one can enjoy both x
  3. lol so does my chihuahua, but it doesn’t make her a great singer! :-)
  4. Kylie not robbed; she’s an ex soap star, with a limited voice and for me, questionable artistic merit, and yet 36 years on, she’s still having bonafide hits and has a massively loyal (oft blinkered) fanbase - I think the girl did very well, has enjoyed a great career and whilst not my cup of tea, she’s worthy of a top 10 place.
  5. Aside from Madonna (and to a lesser extent Rhianna), I'm super happy NOT to have my favorite female artists in the TOP 10 - Pink, Adele etc are all so beige. I like my female artists to be original, brave, authentic, and someone whom my grandmother would likely frown at in disdain.
  6. No love for Taylor from me… she just leaves me cold. I simply don’t get the appeal. Am I missing something? Lanky woman writes angst ridden, lyric heavy tunes that (aside from Cardigan) that are shockingly dull?
  7. I’m going to have to bite.. Madonna is leagues ahead of Kylie as an artist - K isn’t an artist, just a harmless, fun-ish pop puppet, who has nothing to say ever, so no, that duet will never happen :-). I do think both K and M have the same surgeon though, both look a little embalmed of late.
  8. Zikai's new track 'Super8' is out today on spotify, it's sublime.
  9. Beyoncé is incredibly overrated as an artist for me. Her music is so hit and miss. Good performer though, and so I think this placing is more than fair.
  10. Should this topic not be in the Kylie fans forum????? I saw Kylie @ Capital's Summertime gig, the song went down really well, although Kylie looked a little.... embalmed!
  11. Kelly wouldn’t be in my top 500!!! Criminal that Kate Bush not top 5
  12. I didn't hate it.... I quite liked elements... But as with Popular and Christine and the Queens tracks, there's nothing great. Nothing that befits the Queen of Pop's legendary status. We expect greatness!
  13. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Tune Of The Weekend Sam Smith & Madonna - Vulgar WOW!!!
  14. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Madonna is the worlds best selling female artist of all time… she has ZERO to prove, no records to break. She occupies a level that perhaps only the Beatles, Elvis and a few others have ever been in. From a UK charts pov she holds so many chart records (or did until streaming era made so many pure sales records obsolete). As a fan, I’m so happy to see other female artists do well, including Kylie who has made some great tracks. Padam has grown on me. For the record, there is no real comparison between the two as women, they are very different types of artists and performers. Madonna is a global legend, and Kylie in her own way is too, especially in UK. I just don’t get why some people put them against each other, they are chalk and cheese. Perhaps it’s because of their gay followings, but that’s it.
  15. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Why should she? Tattoo is ten times the song that Padam is…. hopefully they’ll both be top 10 on Friday.
  16. ALL HAIL THE QUEENS RETURN !!!
  17. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    How old are you? And are you a woman over 50??? If not, how could you possibly make such an ill -informed statement. Prejudice is prejudice. End of.
  18. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    You may not think so, but I do! And just because ‘we’ve discussed this issue to death’, doesn’t mean it hadn’t gone away. Prejudice in any form is hateful and wrong. And, the argument that the listener’s are young and would only want to hear young artists is beyond preposterous, narrow-minded and wrong. Great music is great music. And… if a song by an artist sounds like other songs playlisted, then to not playlist it, is ageism = hate.
  19. Dante77 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    If Madonna isn’t added it’s surely reinforces the age old issue with BBC RADIO 1 - they seem to have a real problem with female singers over 50…. And ageism is the exact same as homophobia, racism etc…
  20. She definitely has iffy management imo, I’ve not loved the Guy Osery era whatsoever!
  21. ‘I’ve seen the Devil down in sunset….’ ❤️
  22. 100% this! Fingers crossed for a Top 10.
  23. I’m happy with this… happy with the track and just wonderful to hear her voice!
  24. And yet you responded… :-) hey, I’m super happy when any veteran woman does ok in the chart - and at 5 years off 60, it’s a decent achievement that should be celebrated. That doesn’t mean that the song is any good. As mentioned I hate it, and hoping Vulgar not that bad!!’
  25. I kinda used to like Kylie, but for me the reedy, waifer-thin vocoded voice, that sounds like a breathy 15 year old, just doesn’t do it for me. It’s not authentic and nor is K. She’s a mature woman and not 15. I loved Light Years era but for Padam Padam is cr*p and not my song of the summer!!! And I agree, M’s remixes/collabs and output of late has been super poor too! Perhaps Vulgar will be different, but my hopes are low!