Everything posted by Dante77
-
Vulgar ● Collaboration with Sam Smith
I’m semi looking forward to it now… just to have a new song (albeit a duet). I will reserve my judgement until i hear it. And… it 100% won’t be the worst single of the year, that honour will surely go to ‘Padam Padam’, proof that a certain slice of our glorious population have very little taste at all!!! :-)
-
Vulgar ● Collaboration with Sam Smith
At least it’s something new…. Let’s wait and see. Not a fan of Sam or M’s last few remixes, but so glad it’s not Human Nature!
-
Vulgar ● Collaboration with Sam Smith
Being a Debbie Downer here, am I the only one who isn’t looking forward to this latest collab? I never liked Human Nature, and so if there is a duet coming, with M not even as lead artist, I’m just like zzzzzz
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I think Padam Padam is dire! Kylie’s voice is now thin and even more breathy and childlike than ever. Just don’t get the appeal of this at all. However, huge kudos to her (and her great team) in keeping the momentum going; the foundations are flimsy but her fanbase is super loyal. As already said, it’s an uphill battle in the steaming era for veteran artists to get a top 75 entry, and so a top 75 entry would be a huge achievement… paving the way for another #1 album.
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
We saw a different performance: in a roomful of people at my Eurovision party, 7 of us all rated Mae at the very bottom. The song and performance didn’t deserve to do any better.
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
‘She was never going to win anyway’!!! The point is we should only be entering a great song/singer because we want to win!!! It’s a buggery competition after all!!! The clue is in the title! Entering generic rubbish/poor performers are never going to cut it. I also disagree, I think this is (or should be) the kiss of death for Mae as a performer. And if this was the best song she could come up with, I have doubts for any future success.
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
It’s just not enough to ‘ok’… nor to blame the Mae’s microphone. We need a performer, a show person and somebody with a voice and stage presence. Mae had none of that. I called this the very day this song/artist was announced. As host nation, to come second from Bottom is really, really poor.
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
I disagree with every last thing you’ve written! The song was atrocious, her performance basic and limited and vocally she was atrocious. She is simply sub par, and it was a huge step step back. Can we have Sam Ryder every single year!!! The public deciding can’t be any worse than this generic dross. TMP choosing again would be a huge mistake. The only positive was the great, euphoric coverage of Eurovision on UK Tv. Liverpool did so well and the show was well produced.
-
Eurovision Song Contest 2023 · Grand Final
I hope I never have to see Mae sing ever again - second from bottom, and only because some of the juries clearly felt some sympathy. Hugely disappointing choice from the BBC / Tap management - go back to a public decision - Sam Ryder was a beautiful fluke. Love, you did write a song, a bloody awful one!!!!
-
Eurovision Song Contest 2023 · Grand Final
Mae was just basic…. Just very very poor. Visuals great, vocals just meh!
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
I watched SF2 last night and I have to say Mae Muller sounded s**te and the performance was lacklustre. HOW did this song/artist EVER get chosen? She's not a natural performer. I hope she does well, but honestly, I was embarrassed; compared to other similar-sounding songs, this one lacked backing vocals, energy, and polish. After Sam last year, this feels like a huge step back.
-
Buzzjack's Favourite Female Solo Singer
You mean a ‘contemporary singles chart artist’?!! Grace will always be a contemporary artist, but granted, no real singles chart success since 1994. Strictly speaking, the term "contemporary art" refers to art made and produced by artists living today, and she’s very much alive and still making music. Her influence is also huge; and she only just featured on ‘Renaissance’ which was a recent global #1 album.
-
Buzzjack's Favourite Female Solo Singer
In what f**cked up world does the legendary and iconic Grace Jones get beaten by Geri Horner-Halliwell-or-god-knows-what-basic as-hell!! I know it’s a bit of fun, but c’mon people!!! :-) Whyyy?!!! :-) Grace is up there with pioneers like Kate Bush, Madonna and Debbie H - she should be top 10. Trailblazers each one.
-
New UK award for artists with a billion career streams
I find this pointless and a total gimmick, just another marketing ploy, and one based on metrics that are easy to manipulate, fake and quantify….
-
The Buzzjack Friday Chart Show Thread: 31st March 2023
It pains me to see Ed Sheran @ #1. I mean this truly is the most bland artist of all time, and I was super depressed when Westlife had dire #1 after #1 This truly is the century of the bland. The charts are stagnant, and the likes of Adele, Sheran, Swift, Capaldi, Calvin, Drake reign unchallenged. Am I the only one who cannot stand their music? I long for rebels, for something new to smash through the tedium. Where are the Prince’s and Madonna’s of our era? Bah humbug!
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 5 Single - The Final
I don't believe anyone could genuinely give 'You'll See' just 1 point, it's a great song - it's certainly stronger than many of the songs that are still yet to come. Odd.
-
Get Together vs. Jump
Both Jump and GT are 2 of my very favourite M tracks, maybe Jump just has the edge for me.
-
The Celebration Tour
I opted out of the going to the tour because I just didn’t feel like paying crazy prices for just an ok view, and I also had reservations that she was even match fit for those dates, for a world tour. However I love, love, love Physical Attraction, I always have, so the idea that I might miss her singing this after all these years, kills me!!!
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
I've sat with the track for a day, and I've returned to it again this morning. It's still dirge. Still so poor. Still, a generic, Little Mix-reject kinda track. And the Artist holds no interest at all. Zero charm. We had a GREAT opportunity to showcase something really special, and they came up with this. Just so so disappointing. The BBC has placed too much reliance on TaP Music, who are clearly trying to push a mediocre artist rather than a great song, or even a song that has a chance of finishing in the top 15. An artist like Raye (someone who broke free from this generic crap) would be my choice. But not this. 2024, we need to jettison TaP and rethink.
-
THREE Christine & The Queens collaborations
I'm cautiously excited about this.....
-
United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
- United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023
Some early thoughts after listening to the whole track at last. Unoriginal, bland, provincial, lyrically lame, dirge. I hate it, it's like a very poor Dua Lipa, but I guess it may do well in Eastern Europe. It proves to me that Sam Ryder was a total fluke. We're co-hosting it, and we've put forward a stinker! Final thought... Mae Muller did indeed write a song, a crap one!- Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 5 Single - The Final
50 Madonna - You'll See 49 Laura Branigan - Self Control 48 Kelis - Acapella 47 September - Cry For You 46 Nelly Furtado – I'm Like a Bird 45 Kate Bush - Babooshka 44 Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love 43 Moby - Porcelain 42 The Monkees - Daydream Believer 41 Blondie - Rapture 40 En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love) 39 Pink - Who Knew 38 The Kooks - Naive 37 Aaliyah – Try Again 36 Tina Turner - The Best 35 Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky 34 Radiohead – Street Spirit (Fade Out) 33 Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight 32 Lily Allen - Not Fair 31 Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies 30 Texas - Summer Son 29 The Prodigy - Out Of Space 28 Dua Lipa - Levitating 27 Whitney Houston - How Will I Know 26 Daft Punk - Around The World 25 Katy B - Katy On A Mission 24 Snow Patrol - Run 23 Will Young - Jealousy 22 Nirvana – Heart-Shaped Box 21 Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone 20 Green Day – Boulevard Of Broken Dreams 19 Arctic Monkeys – Fluorescent Adolescent 18 Cher - Strong Enough 17 David Gray - Babylon 16 Katy B - Crying For No Reason 15 Warren G & Nate Dogg - Regulate 14 Metallica - Enter Sandman 13 New Radicals - You Get What You Give 12 The Saturdays - Up 11 The Bucketheads – The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind) 10 Blur – The Universal 9 Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf 8 Blur - Girls & Boys 7 Panjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke 6 Avril Levigne - My Happy Ending 5 The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You 4 Chase and Status featuring Liam Bailey - Blind Faith 3 Kylie Minogue- Wow 2 Girls Aloud - Sexy! No No No... 1 Britney Spears - (You Drive Me Crazy)- BLOND:ISH x Eran Hersh x Darmon x Madonna ● Sorry
I continue to hate this era…. Sorry, but this version of Sorry leaves me cold. M, please come back to Earth, new music, not this.- Friday Chart Predictions
Come on Raye!!!! She has the potential to be one of the greatest singer/songwriters of her generation, and I’ve not seen heard a more beautiful vocal since Amy Winehouse. Lyrically she is incredible, her debut album is insanely good. Best of all, she is authentic. Re her liberation from her former label, her brave decision to reclaim her Artist integrity, has clearly paid off. Re the comment from someone about her only having old fans, is ridiculously reductive. I hope Raye gets the #1, she truly deserves it, she’s a survivor and the album is bloody brilliant. She should be celebrated for her bravery. - United Kingdom · Eurovision Song Contest 2023